• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Aww Dobby biggest hugs. I am so sorry for your loss.

Ooo those are cute!

It’s weird because I feel simultaneously sad and not sad. My memories of her are as an old (she was 101 when she passed yesterday), wheel chair bound, senile woman. I didn’t particularly enjoy being around her, and most of my life she was in hospice or basically non communicative. And she lives in southern cal near my grandmother.

But on the flip side my mom always says how she was so nice to my dad. That when he was a young husband in the Air Force and going to school, that she would send him money every month. Money she didn’t really have. My dad was a clear favorite because he was a good person and the bipolar didn’t present in him like his siblings. And I know I took A to see her and she was like a vegetable but my grandmother said it was the most engaged that she has she her. She actually tried to look at him and reach for him and grunt a bit.

I guess part of me is more sad because I feel like I lost a piece of my dad again, and then I feel guilty that i’m Not more sad. Or i’ve Pushed it so far down to be able to function at work with report cards and conferences

I know what you mean, Dobby. I lost my grandma and SO lost his grandpa this year. We obviously loved them and had good memories, but my grandma had had a couple strokes, couldn't talk and had been going downhill for years. SO's grandpa had dementia and Alzheimer's, so he didn't remember him. We miss them, but know they're at peace now. Sorry for your loss either way.

FX things are ok with your DH's job, Flueky.

Wasn't feeling great at bedtime last night, but no sign of MS this morning. And Alex seems to be doing well too. :)

Oh Dobby im sorry to hear that hun.. biggest of hugs though :hugs:

Pretty - im glad theres no MS this morning :)

Future - Ahhhhh you Fertile Myrtle!!! Exactly how i fell pg this time- straight after my mc! huuuuge Congrats my lovely hehee!

Flueks, i will keep my fx that your hubs job is safe! As hes emploed atm though & im guessing his work knows about the impending pregnancy & he will be taking Paternity leave - will this not be paid anyway? I know with Mat leave in the UK they do for us girls.. unless its company discretion?

Future congratulations! Beautiful line!

Dobs so sorry about your great grandmother. It’s hard when they’ve had dementia for so long, I know what that’s like.

Pretty glad you didn’t have MS this morning and Alex is feeling better!

Gigs those are lovely earrings! Sorry money is tight :(

Flueks yikes on your DH’s job, I hope he doesn’t get laid off :(

Sorry to anyone I forgot, love you all

AFM SO has been a bit distant recently, like taking 24 hours to respond to texts when he normally responds very quickly, and I’m kinda annoyed cuz I really needed him yesterday and he was AWOL. Also we need to plan our anniversary weekend and he’s not responding at all. Like it’s this weekend and we don’t have a hotel room yet, he needs to frickin respond. Ugh.

Dobs i get you. I felt guilty for not feeling sad when my own GGma died years ago. I remember my tv in my bedroom died the same week and i was more uoset about that. Anyway she was older but physically distant (lived several states away) and was suffering from possibly Alzheimer's in the end? I don't specifically remember but I know she had to be reminded multiple times during visits who us kids were and she would repeat herself a lot.

Pretty yay for no ms this morning! Hope that trend continues.

Shae have you asked him if everything is ok? Maybe he's being distant because something is going on?

Oh dear lord I've just officially entered 3rd tri :shock:

Thank you everyone!! Hoping it’s a sticky one.

Sorry for your loss Dobby!!

Shae I would talk to him.. men have a hard time communicating when something’s wrong in my experience so maybe he just needs an opportunity to speak what’s on his mind.

Lol Gigs - third tri Baby yeah!!!! Are u finding its the most uncomfy pg out of all 3? Your Ticker aswell, could really eat some chook wings right now lol

Shae, give him a call.. as others have said, men don’t always communicate well if somethings bothering them, it could be nothing or something.. he’ll probs feel better if u ask him outright maybe?

Gigs happy third trimester!

I tried calling him twice, no answer. He finally texted me like 2 hours ago and said he’s had a huge workload and has been in a bad mood and didn’t want to pass on the bad mood to me. Which is sweet, but clearly didn’t work because i hate being ignored and it put me in a bad mood, so that backfired on him. I then asked him about plans for our anniversary aaaand he still hadn’t responded. Of course. It’s like every time I try to make plans he goes AWOL. Ugh.

Gigs congrats!!!!

And yes that’s exactly how I feel hugs

Shae he sounds overwhelmed. I just chewed out my kids today because they kept asking about changing their seats and i’m Like omg stop with the seats and gpas and unit tests! He needs space, but he should communicate that before going AWOL

Shae what if you take the reigns and plan the anniversary event? He might appreciate that as it would take pressure iff him. Just tell him to make himself available atbwhatever time and you'll do the rest. Tell him a blowy is in his future, maybe that'll help :haha:

Cb yes omg so uncomfortable already this time. #1 was ok until the end, like maybe the last 4 weeks or so? I remember when I was 39 weeks I started trying all the tricks to start labor lol. #2 I had stuff going on in the last month (when my dog died) and felt completely fine with still being pregnant because I had other things to take care of before baby. I ate the "labor cup cakes" and had a pedicure to induce, but it was more because I wanted to see if it would work, plus the timing was good for hubs & his job. But I really wasn't that miserable. Heck I even shoveled a grave for my pup's ashes the day I went into labor. Diggin a hole right now sounds like torture!

Maybe it's because it's the third, I have a (very active) toddler, and I'm gaining weight quicker. Shrug. I'm at my pregnancy goal weight right now with 11 weeks to go :roll: I'm so exhausted all the time too...might also have to do with the possible anemia this time. I don't know.

Future- congrats on your bfp! Super fertile is right lol

Dobs i feel ya on being overwhelmed with school etc. i legit have been flipping my shit this week. To the point my kids are looking at me like “wow this bish is crazy” one more week till thanksgiving break....

I saw my new therapist today. Apparently i have general anxiety disorder. Basically i worry about everything to the point of upset and then I’m stressed with behaviors of Tabs. So i got some lexapro for my anxiety and some Ativan for emergency situations when I’m stressed.

I will definitely need one tomorrow as we have to take Tabs for a follow up after her latest ear tube surgery. Should be loads of fun.... ugh

Gigs-wow third trip already?!? Don’t worry about weight gain. It will come off i promise. I’m already almost back to where i was before my weight loss challenge. Looks like I will start again in January and try to lose it all again haha

Future- congrats on your bfp! Super fertile is right lol

Dobs i feel ya on being overwhelmed with school etc. i legit have been flipping my shit this week. To the point my kids are looking at me like “wow this bish is crazy” one more week till thanksgiving break....

I saw my new therapist today. Apparently i have general anxiety disorder. Basically i worry about everything to the point of upset and then I’m stressed with behaviors of Tabs. So i got some lexapro for my anxiety and some Ativan for emergency situations when I’m stressed.

I will definitely need one tomorrow as we have to take Tabs for a follow up after her latest ear tube surgery. Should be loads of fun.... ugh

Gigs-wow third trip already?!? Don’t worry about weight gain. It will come off i promise. I’m already almost back to where i was before my weight loss challenge. Looks like I will start again in January and try to lose it all again haha

I second gigs plan shae! I bet he would love that you out the effort in!

Stopped and bought a two back of FRER tonight but had one wondfo left so used that before I climbed into bed! Here y’all go

2456091D-311F-4395-B111-A08A85754F3F.jpeg

I second gigs plan shae! I bet he would love that you out the effort in!

Stopped and bought a two back of FRER tonight but had one wondfo left so used that before I climbed into bed! Here y’all go

Why am I always double posting so annoying lol.

Thanks Tex’s and goodluck tomorrow! Having a diagnosis for yourself is a big step too. Hugs!

Dobby I used to have those crashing dreams all the time. My brakes would never work. It's supposed to symbolize feeling like your life is out of control. With everything you've been going through that definitely makes sense.

Sorry about your great grandma. Even if you weren't close, it's still sad :hugs:

Gigs, I saw those on fb but when I clicked it was like the page didn't exist. May have been my internet. They are cute though :)

Thank you, feeling better today about things. Oh and happy 3rd tri!!! I think having a toddler makes it go by so fast. I keep thinking how did I get this far???

Pregnancy weight. For what little time I was in 3rd tri, my weight gain was slower in it than 2nd tri. I got to right at 200lb with V. I'm hoping to stay just under 200. I'm 181 right now so maybe I will.

Also did your labor cupcakes and pedi work?? I really can't remember. I know yoy swear by the pedi.

Pretty thank you and glad no MS this morning. Do you have a scan booked yet??

CB the only paid leave I get is from short term disability, vacation and major medical leave I have built up. My vacation and mml will give me 4 weeks paid full salary and I'll get 4 weeks of pay at 2/3 my salary from std. There are no "paid maternity/paternity" leave in US. Well I think a very small percentage of companies offer it, but it's small. You also have to have worked 1,250 hours in past 12 months, work for a comoany with at least 50 employees to have fmla which basically just protects your job.

He asked HR about it a couple weeks ago but they told him to wait a month before I'm due. I think he'll apply in January though.

Oh and wings sound awful. I think mainly because the heartburn has been awful this pregnancy. Freaking chocolate fudge poptarts gave me heartburn.

Shae, thank you. Hmm, if he's feeling overwhelmed it might be nice if you plan it for you two. I thin most men don't care so much about all the planning of things anyways. However I don't know your SO. Also, it would have been nice to have warned you before going AWOL.

Texas sorry it's been rough at school. Hope thanksgiving break and your meds help.

It's hard to keep weight off, I had lost almost 30 lbs before meeting DH. I gained it back after a couple years. Lost some then gained again. I'm a yo yo.

Future lol not sure why yours double posts. Nice line of IC!

Feeling a bit better about things today. I just needed DH to hold me and tell me it'll be okay. I had tried being a bit positive about things with him yesterday evening and he kept being negative. He finally got to me and brought me down. He gets that from his mom so much. She can be so negative about things, it drives me crazy. She never encouraged him when he was in PTA school, just questioned and made him doubt himself. Self fulfilling prophecy came true. I can't understand why a mother wouldn't uplift and encourage their child. Sorry for MIL rant.

Had sushi tonight it was delicious.V kept giggling while drinking her bedtime bottle, wish I'd had my phone on me. I can't believe she's only 17 months when I look at her.

Tex thanks, i always do lose the weight but not without a lot of effort and i despise effort :haha: i need to start watching my food intake and exercise more NOW but...ugh it's so hard to start. Much easier to maintain. Also last time I did the weight loss thing I was drinking more coffee (like 3-4 cups a day) which I obviously can't do right now. It's hard not having it as a meal supplement :rofl: maybe i should try decaf.

Do you feel a sense of relief having a diagnosis? At least you have the meds. That's good, have you used either before? You may want to try the ativan just to see how it goes prior to actually needing it...just a thought. Regardless I hope the combination of those helps. Will you be doing any talk therapy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->