General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

shae - Cuz Alex was born in mid July and I don't want their BDays to be close together. Ideally, there would be a couple months between all my kids' BDays, but considering the circumstances (and before the scan), I was hoping I'd be further along than I thought and best case scenario: there'd be at least a full 30 days between BDays. I'd even settle for at least being born in separate months. But even with my "history of going early", that's cutting it way too close for comfort.

Here's the report, if anyone's interested...

IMG_20181113_2158409.jpg

Last edited:
Flueks thanks, yeah I agree there’s a personality conflict but to be fair she’s not the first person to comment on how I walk, I do look a bit odd I think. People have been commenting on my arm/hand placement when I walk since middle school, the same as she was referring to. They didn’t mention it to my face, but to each other and my friends, and a friend told me what people were saying. Although in high school it was more people making fun of how I kind of dragged my feet a bit. I would walk by and a group of people would start shuffling their feet. I don’t do it as much anymore because they made me self conscious about it, so I pick my feet up a bit more, I think. I just wish someone had made me self conscious about the arm thing so I wouldn’t do it anymore. Not that I wish I had been bullied even more growing up because it’s awful enough, but it worked for the shuffling/dragging my feet. If I could’ve been taught not to do it in a kinder way, that would’ve been even better. Cuz even though they helped me not shuffle, any positive effect was inadvertent, so they can f*** right off lol

Anyway. Sorry about your sciatica pain :( hopefully the PT can get some good maternity stretches for you. It’s quite common in pregnancy, right? If so, hopefully more info will be available about stretches and the like.

Pretty ah gotcha. Yeah I can see why 3 weeks is too close for comfort. Luckily, it does seem like considering your history, they’ll be in separate months.
My parents actually wanted my sister to be born near me because my birthday is 2 days before my dad’s but my mom was 37 and was worried she would take a few tries to conceive, so she started trying earlier than she wanted to conceive, but she was wrong. The first try took. So my sister ended up being a November baby (I’m April). I’m glad she wasn’t another April baby, because my dad and I do kinda end up sharing our birthday. I think it’ll be different with your kids because 3 weeks is a much bigger gap than 2 days. It’ll turn out okay either way.

Okay I'm going to go back but im currently getting IV fluids because of severe MS. Got a bag yesterday too. Got a new prescription too. So fx it works.

Green oh no! That’s awful that the MS is making you so sick you need IV fluids. I hope the fluids make you feel better and they find a solution for the MS.

I just got my grade for the nursing exam I took on Monday. I got a 92!!! My previous 2 tests were both 88s (which I was totally cool with), so I’m super excited that I got one in the 90s! I knew I did well on this one, I’m glad I was right. Yay!

Wooot shae!

Pretty I feel you. I was annoyed that A was born in July because we have so many July birthdays in his family. But world out because I dumped his dad, the rest are extended and out of town, and I hate mine haha. So July can really be about him anyway lol. And I would just celebrate mine early and his as close to his as possible.

Sorry only read this page. Parent conferences

Shae - congrats on the grade! Hope your instructor knows how well you’re doing. Re: walk, I’m sure now you’re conscious of it in a professional context you’ll find somewhere else to put your hands. But where? Lol. Hand placement can be awkward when it feels unnatural.

Pretty - I’m glad the call was just an update. I hear you on wanting birthdays far apart, but probably anything around a month or more will feel far apart enough. Tilly’s is close to Christmas, which isn’t ideal. Similar kind of thing I guess.

Flueks - hope you get your sciatica pain sorted. I heard it can be awful. And yay for V sleeping well!

Gigs - i inwardly giggles at your posts while you stayed up with Lev. They really know, don’t they? Practically from day one I couldn’t handle the psychological torture of being roused and made to leave my bed at any given moment and for an indeterminable length of time, hence bedsharing. Also crib isnuseful storage. Oh I agree re: platelets thing surely being flagged in previous pregnancy, so I’m leaning towards residual mono stuff too. I know it’s hard not to be anxious though. Oh I was gonna ask if they test your pee for protein each visit? They stopped doing that here. They just check blood pressure only I think.

Tilly’s has fever since Saturday night. It’s only gone away with fever meds and the last few days it has gone as high as 40C (104F). Doc didn’t seem concerned. Said her son recently had 40-41C fever for six days straight. My mum always freaked out like I might die imminently anytime my temp was over 38.5 as a child so I’ve had quite bad anxiety every time Tilly’s had any kind of fever. This is good exposure therapy for me though. I’ll go back if she still has fever tomorrow but at least she can finally breathe through her nose and stopped coughing her guts up.

Been soooo tired lately, sorry for crappy response girls..

oh Gigs that lil Foot on scan pic hehe <3

MrsG im so sorry your suffering from awful MS, did u have bad sickness when pg with the Twins? i wonder, if your expecting a Girl, MS is 'supposedly' more awful aswell when carry female, i know mine was with Nuala

In other news - my consultant apt on Tuesday this week, he had heard nothing from the Mri dept about my cancelled apt last Saturday, so... hes requested another Ultrasound today at 11am to see if the Placenta has moved up out the way, if it has there will be no need to have the Mri, they've booked in my csection date aswell - 10th December ARHHHHHH less than 4 wks OMG :shock: Im really hoping its moved up out the way abit more... fx!

Future, loving that Digi test hehe :)

Last edited:
Ultrasound went great! placenta has moved RIGHT up out the way yay!!! its so up high that it couldn't be detected on the internal scan probe. SO is very happy as he was getting a bit flappy about it all bless him... So, im officially having my Baby Boy on Monday 10th December eeee :)

Pretty I am so confused, when I tupe your due date on a calculator it says you should be 11 weeks 5 days right now???! I was trying to figure put if they determined that by the scan or your lmp.

Jez eeeek poor tilly! I hope she is right as rain soon. Sick kids make me so nervous!

Thanks for your well wishes on the platelets. My next appointment can't come soon enough...I am really anxious to find out what the plan of action is. I do feel relieved that it doesn't seem to be immediately urgent.

Green you poor thing! I hope they get your sorted out, that sounds miserable!

Shae yay! Yeah what's up with her judging your body language? Never knew that was part of getting any degree :roll: at leash she will likely pass you. Has she been picking on you less? And omg what a sweet gift to SO!

Afm...
Decided to schedule my csection for the later date and hoping to naturally induce myself that weekend so as to land with my first pic dr. Reeeaaallly hope it works! But i just was not comfortable with sharing the date with my dad (who has proven to be a crappy grandpa so far, despite him saying he'd "be honored"), plus I REALLY don't like the idea of Myles being evicted earlier than he's ready. I want to give him as much time as possible to go into labor naturally...maybe that sounds crunchy hippy but that's my thought process. Plus if i was able to do the vba2c I wouldn't get to pick anyway so...

C section is tuesday 1/29. Hoping to be on the 26th or 27th though!

Pretty-- I entered the date wrong. My that due date you are spot on 8 weeks today. Are you sure they didn't just calculate from lmp?

Gigs - Ya, cuz my LMP was Sept 11, so my EDD would've been June 18. And I know I got a positive OPK on CD22 and we DTD on the same night. So, ya. FX for a safe, but early delivery.

Pretty- my edd based on lmp is June 30th so we'll be super close! I understand about your birthday thing. That's how I felt at first with the boys too. They needed yo being born dec 30th which isn't the best but it's fine.

Gigs- glad you chose the later date. I would have done the same! Congrats on getting a date!!

Cb- woot woot on not needing an MRI and getting your date! That's so close I can't believe it!!

Shae- congrats on the 92 and you're totally passing her class so that's awesome. Hopefully she doesn't teach any other classes you'll need.

Oh Dobs- how's the air there? We're a little over 200 here and in the "very unhealthy" catergory. Most schools have been closed.

They closed schools. I am so lightheaded from working without a mask and having to keep my door open

8A67245C-D349-43B9-B8AE-2E3D75664C86.jpeg

I just looked up ours too. Closes accurate index is about 20 miles away and it's a 340. Way worse than the Carr fire. Hopefully it improves soon. They closed all the schools around us for tomorrow and all next week (for those who were open Monday and Tuesday). The boys hate me because I won't let them outside.

Greenie aww, I'm sorry your MS is that severe. Hope it calms down soon. Is your mom helping you for now??

Shae 92 is awesome!!! Congrats :)

Jez that seems strange they would quit checking it. I mean I believe it's cheap to test for. I suppose they only test it if your bp is high??

I hope Tilly has broke her fever ir it's went down quite a bit. V hasn't had much of a fever, but shen it gets high like Tillys it can be scary I'm sure.

CB yay for placenta moving up and away ;) and wow I can't believe less than 4 weeks now!!!

Do you lack much in preparation?? Did you get the tandem stroller ordered?

Gigs when is your next appt??? Here's hoping Myles comes when you'd like him to.

Dobby omg that's horrible. I can't imagine how awful the air must be. Is school cancelled tomorrow too? I hope so, people especially kids and elderly don't need to be out in that.

AFM sorry had to work on chart audits yesterday in prep for surveyor coming in imminent future. Well imminent future became today, joy. From what I heard we "passed". I think they nitpicked on a few things last time. Basically they wanted things charted in clinical notes, if it was in assessment it wasn't sufficient. Won't get into it all.

V woke up at 330 last night, jabbering away. Think it's 18 month sleep regression. I can't complain as I don't have to get up and soothe her, but her talking keeps me up :haha:

She busted her lip triping over mocha. Poor girl, she bled and cried for a bit but settled down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->