General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

It was V with the lip i was thinking of! Gahhh too many people on this thread :haha: glad it's doing better. With the weather we were right on the cusp of where it was icy/snowy; i did see some sleet and flakes but nothing stuck. Now 45 minutes north they got snow though...this is pretty common i guess, we seem to be on the border a lot. Or the other side of the mountain will get pummeled and we'll be ok.

And yes, visiting bro & SIL are ttc. I am reeeeaaaaaallly hoping they are going to announce they're pregnant at Thanksgiving but I also feel like my brother would have told me. I hope they are because it's been almost a year and our family is generally crazy fertile, and she is only 30, so hoping they don't have fertility issues...

L has been bad with our animals and we keep correcting him. Yesterday he was chasing our cat and managed to corner her, so he's got a beautiful scratch from bottom eye lid to cheek. Can't blame the cat, the lesson still didn't sink in with L either as he went straight back to chasing the poor cat. Let's just say Ls day was filled with lessons, talks, time outs. I still don't think the lesson of "don't chase the cat" is understood.

Jez, sorry Tilly is sick, fingers crossed the meds kick in soon.

Dobs, ugh. Try to stay indoors or even if the smoke has entered your home to go to Public spaces with ac... Library, pool, etc. Hope it clears soon, I recall the "smoke headaches" from this summer.

Cb damn! I could not handle tooth through lips. Bruises I can do. Blood not so much.

Jez well apparently you put the whole milk on the stove and add either fresh lemon (I went this route because my mom has a lemon tree) or vinegar and heat until it curdles. Then you let the curds cool, add a pinch of salt, and process them til smooth. I use the Oreo cheesecake recipe on All Recipes. So good. Mine are.... mildly edible. Mental block from seeing the curds lol and also my crust to cheesecake ration was too much this time. And I used graham crackers in lieu of Oreos. So just sadness all around lol.

I’m sure the extra bit is just fine. And A always loses weight, especially when he is hit with a couple of infections at once. always packs right back on. As for not gaining weight, do her percentiles still match up? Like A’s weight is consistently in the 50s.

Gigs holy heck that sounds so unpleasant and dangerous to deal with. Hugs.

And oooo flashbacks. I announced at Thanksgiving. I hope things work out in 5 years that I can have another but not looking so hot atm

Fluek lol probably a mix of sleep regression and pregnant. I know on days A wakes up a lot no amount of coffee can save my students from my “are you fing serious right now” look. It’s a wonder these kids like me lol but all twenty conferences parents said their kid loves me and has never worked so hard in school.

Yay for new clothes! I wonder if I have that night gown as well. They had a buy 2 get 1 free deal plus a sale so I got three. So cool and easy for pumping. I still wear them in my pj rotation haha

Pl oh no! A is not so forgiving lol. Dog knocked him over once and now he loves helping to crate her at night haha can’t lock her up fast enough

Ty stayed inside all day. I feel better. A is coughing. In the low red and we leave for SoCal in 3 hours anyway :)

Dobby, is SoCal southern california? I hope you & A get some cleaner air hun, that pic looks awful:(

Urhh Pacific, we having same issue with Nuala, shes been scratched by our kitties but doesnt learn, she chases, gets in their faces & screams ‘NO’ ‘GET OUT’ & Naughty lol! Shes Def not learning the lesson of ‘the cat will have you’ pfft!

Gigs I really hope they announce. What a wonderful suprise that would be :) if she was on birth control it can take awhile. In any case hope they announce or conceive soon.

Pacific poor L. I hope he learns that lesson soon

Dobby I hope you can have another in 5 years. Oh and I remember you announcing to your family. I seem to recall it didn't go too well because it was ex's. Glad they didn't let that get to them about loving A.

Lol it was the day she gave her eval in regarding orientation too. I must not have been too bad or contained my feelings well enough as she put a good score on it.

I still wear my nursing tank and shorts as pjs when it's warm. They are so comfy!! I also have 2 nightgowns sans robes. I lived in those outfits postpartum :haha:

CB sorry Nuala isn't learning that lesson either. V hasn't been bit by Mocha as she usually gets away from V before she'd get to that point. Well she nipped her once wgen she was sore from her shots and V touched her sore spot

As promised, I apologize for delay. It's been a busy day then we took a long nap. V actually woke me up talking hehe

006-92713-22cu.jpg 006-92849-10cu.jpg 006-93236-33cu.jpg

Lol yeah SoCal (southern Cali) vs Nor Cal (northern Cali) my bad

Fluek yeah my announcement was a s* show lol but my brother lectured everyone while I cried in the guest room and then everyone was nice. It’s sad how his family does not care. We’ll be hyphenating his name soon legally! I can’t wait. But my family never turns back on family. Except me. I turned my back on my cousins lol

Those are so cute!!! Love the off the shoulder!

Ohhh Fluek those are cute! I wish i could pull off sweater dresses. They just seem to emphasize all my other lumps, not just the cute baby bump.

SIL actually hadn't been on bcp for some time because it contributed to almost killing her -- she had a pulmonary embolism back in 2015 I think it was...she's been off it ever since.

Dobs I remember when that all went down. Glad it's all good now! And yay for the legal name change! Not to be rude but why bother keeping his name in there at all?

Cb, our cat is so forgiving... I am surprised she took this long to fire back. Our cat is figuring out her hiding spots now since the outdoors currently isn't an option.

Dobs, have fun with your time away, hopefully the wind is blowing the smoke another direction!

Gigs the courts here won’t do any outright name change unless dad agrees to it, which he doesn’t. The best case they will is hyphenate and then it’s a matter of who makes the better case as to which goes first. And since he won’t even tolerate a discussion about it/allow it and I explained why I feel it is in A’s best interest to have mine first, i’m fairly confident i’ll get it hyphenated with mine first.

Good lick on the name! Let us know...

Pl Lev is straight up abusive to the cat. He has hit him with a broom, grabbed fists of fur, and picked him up by the tail. To my amazement the cat has never retaliated. He's kind of a fail ratter but he does kill some things and he stays outside and is so tolerant of Lev that we'll keep him around...I'm not super attached to him but he's sweet for a barn cat.

Dobby lol yeah I've pretty much done the same. The family I don't assosciate with live out of state so it isn't so obvious. If you wrong me or my immediate family I will turn my back on you. Blood or not I don't give a you know what ;)

Thanks, I love motherhoods clothes it's just pretty expensive most of the time. I was a little disappointed with how it's "off the shoulder" material was. You have to flip it down shich is super awkward by yourself and then if you raise your arms it wants to roll back up. I'll probably wear it like a loose collar.

Good luck hyphenation As name. I wish you could take ex's name out without his consent. I mean I understand why they do it, but it's crap for you.

Gigs I hadn't worn one since I was trim and foxy at 140 lbs!! This one does well and my weight it all bump for now. Not sure how good I'll feel in one post partum. I do plan to lose weight again afterwards and hope I don't get stop. DH is currently doing ddp yoga so maybe he'll motivate me and we work out together.

Omg that's scary about the PE. I've never met anyone that's happened to. I kniw it's part of the warnings though. My injections increase my risk too as they are progesterone based.

OMG that's one mellow cat. I'd keep him too for Levs sake.

For everyone: did you ever wear those postpartum shaperwear things?? I didn't with V. My belly went pretty much back to my normal after I lost all my "baby weight".

AFM can't wait to see my 2nd princess tomorrow!!! The glucose test, meh. I'm hoping they have the fruit punch flavor as it wasn't too bad.

Love the clothes Flu!!!

That is insane dobs. Also good luck with the name!

Read back but have been really tired lately. Freebie so sorry to hear your morning sickness has been so bad!

AFM dying to do one last test just torn between a frer And a CB weeks!

Flueks i luuuuuurve those off shoulder Bardot tops, very cute indeed!

Apologies for my mini reply last night, I literally fell asleep sat upright in my bed Lol i had all intentions of doing a nice reply & reading my new book haha but fell asleep holding my phone mid air :haha:

Future do the cb weeks hehee!!

Flueks, you get a scan along with your GT test? Niiiice! Do you have to fast very long before the test? Will u get pics with the scan :)

My bestie had her baby shower today, was lovely having a catch up with all the girls & there was lotsa food haha! I brought along the Cupcakes mmmmm, i took 4 home with me aswell haha fatty eyes <3

So... i also ordered the Moses basket & stand yesterday aswell as the new Tandem buggy eee! Pics will upload shortly, if Bnb lets me do all 3 in 1 hit! Just need to get Cotbed mattress bits & pack my Hospital bag lol still not done it but i have a couple of bits arriving tomorrow which i ordered online to go in there :)

CB beautiful double stroller and Moses basket! So cute!

For some reason I’m not getting email notifications anymore. Trying to see if using the advanced reply with email checked will fix it. Hm.

I’m worried about y’all in California, the news has been getting worse and worse. Stay safe and evacuate if you need to!

Sorry for my shitty reply lol

Future I'd say wait a week or 9 days after your positive digi that said 2 to 3. Gives it plenty of time to read 3+ :)

CB awww how lovely. Oddly enough moses baskets aren't a thing here. Not sure if it's regional or US thing. I think US thing though. Love tge tandem stroller was it still a good deal?? I figured I'd have my bag packed by now lol but I've been a slacker ;) once we get V moved to her room we can get ready to get nursery ready again.

Yes I only get a scan because they didn't get all the spinal views they needed at anatomy scan. Not complaining ;) and I should get pics, they always have. I might ask if she'll measure my cervix. It was really good at 20 weeks, but if they are scanning anyways might as well check again.

I only have to fast for 2 hours prior to drinking the glucose drink. I'm so glad that don't make you fast overnight. Plan to get up early and fry eggs and bacon :) yummy

My weakness right now is chocolate chip cookies. DH picked some up after work Friday night.

Shae I think it's messed up as I have to check "watched threads" because I'm not getting the notification alerts on the site.

AFM V is a bit fussy. Was rubbing her ears, not drinking the best, and not sleeping enough for her. Gave her some tylenol and going to try to put her down at bit early.

Yes the stroller dbl was £50 off so a bargain really! Moses baskets are a must here, all snuggled up & cosy hehe but we’ll have the Cotbed not long after aswell :)

I plan to start packing my bag this week... she says :haha:

Yeah get them to check the cervix aswell while your there, 2 birds, 1 stone etc.. im guessing this is to check no thinnning out etc re preterm labour?

Hope V doesnt have an ear infection with the ear rubbing going on, bless her.

Shae im not getting Bnb alert notifications either at top of page to say more peeps have added things to the Thread.. it usually does? Maybe the settings need re-setting, or Bnb maybe having a tech issue, its been like it about a week now hmmm

Yup how weird, Alert notifications say my last input was MrsGreen the other night?? All settings are set to alert me on everything? Grr!

Have to get sorted for school run shortly its 14:25.. its on/off rainy, windy & very cold :( not looking forward to it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->