General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Yikes. Yeah mine is for my city so pretty accurate. I’m trying to pack up to go to my mom’s. They’re only at 181. My nose is burning. A’s is bright red. If I had known it was purple i would have shut my door for conferences. Orange already is hard for me. Stay safe! It’s so hard because you can’t really explain it to them either

I am in Alameda and I think they cancelled all schools. For us, it was a short day and we are off next week anyway. So its easier for us to just say forget it. But sucks still

Green how are you feeling? Asking again but did you have bad morning sickness with the boys? Bummer they can't go out; i think Lev would be a terror in that situation. He would live outside if we let him. Btw yes, i think we are the only SAHM's here...at least of the people active on this thread now.

Yikes Dobs I hope you get some relief at your mom's.

Pretty ahhh ok i see about your date. Well fx it's wrong and you go early if that's what you want! My brother and me have birthdays only 2 days (and three years) apart and it didn't bother us one bit. My parents always did a good job of celebrating us individually, usually his party then mine the next weekend...or we just went out to eat at a place of our choice on our birthdays (when we stopped doing parties). I'm sure my parents just budgeted for it.

I am worried about this guy's bday being so close to Christmas! I'm not sure how i'll pull off xmas gifts and bday gifts a month later :-k not just the budgeting but what to actually get...oh well, we'll figure it out!

Cb yayyyy all clear for baby's arrival! What a relief and no mri! Bonus!

Fluek my appointment is the tuesday after next. Uggh sorry you got surveyed, i hate that or inspections or any of that crap! Makes you so nervous!!! Even if you haven't done anything wrong.
Awww poor little V :( hope she's no worse for wear. Lev injures himself daily. Today he pinched his finger in a toy. Yesterday he smashed his face into the bath tub faucet, then later smack his forehead on the changing table (while he was sitting on it). I swear that poor kid's head is perpetually bruised!

Gigs — aww poor Lev. With repeated things like that I just want to laugh and cry at the same time. Good call on the date btw. I’d have done the same. I think it’s possible even if you land the suckie docs that it won’t be as bad as you think, especially if it a scheduled section and fairly routine (I think you were trying for VBAC last time? Could be wrong). Oh, re: December bday, I’m not exactly a veteran over here but in a way it’s nice to split things between Christmas and bday (10 days apart) coz we are a bit reluctant to combard her with a bunch of stuff at once. Another thing is we plan on doing something like giving her a Peppa Pig stuffie (aka cuddly toy, CB, ha) for her bday and then a George stuffie (Peppa’s brother) for Christmas, so it’s kind of building on the bday. Idk if that even make sense, and also when I say “we” I mean me.

Flueks - V sounds so sweet just chatting. I do remember the 18 month regression and I swear we’ve been in the 2-year one early recently. Sucks but at least she’s not upset.

Dobs — oh man, how awful to feel the physical effecte of the fires like that and know how bad it is, and also for the kiddos. Silly question, but is the air quality markedly better indoors? Oh and the pic you said your friend posted is unbelievable! It looks like the fires were right on her doorstep!

CB - so glad your placenta sorted itself out like a champ and now you can relax. Are you sure you don’t want to push the date to the 15th to share Tilly’s bday? Till this day I’ve never met anyone who shares me bday (aug 28 FYI).

So Tilly’s fever went away for a few hours while unmedicated but then came back again. And then she had diarrhea. And then I found red bloody mucus in her diarrhea. Argh. Just when I was getting over my anxieties. We go back to doc tomorrow. I freaked myself out with google of course. And watch me get the same thing she has next week, just when I postponed my class pres for the last possible week before classes end and also have 8 patients.

Gigs hopefully the self induction stuff works so you can get the doctor you like! And A also hits crap daily. I’m so desensitized to getting incident reports from daycare or when it happens now because it’s every day. I don’t even call them back anymore hah and just cool story them.

Fluek I hope V feels better! Hopefully the regression is short lived.

Jez lol we is me cracked me up idk why but I like looking at it that way of splitting up her gifts. We’re supposed to stay indoors and the idea is that if you leave things closed then you minimize your exposure. But I am in and out to go to work and I have to let my dogs in and out, so being indoors is helpful but still not great. But my parents have a horizontal house so sure they get some bad air coming in and out but that entry is so far from the living and sleeping areas it’s very fresh in here. It’s just sad because it looks and smells like you are in hell, and I just keep thinking how awful it is so I can’y imagine these families who actually live closer to or were affected by the fires. Also so sorry about Tilly! Hope you get some answers and relief for her.

Shae can’t remember if I said good job on your A!!!!

Pretty glad you got some results!

Green hope that iv helped with your ms big hugs

How are they coming along with putting the fires out? I did hear they may have found someone to blame for starting it. Don't remember details on it though...

Jez I love the way you write. I always read your entire posts even when they aren't directed to me. The gift distribution makes total sense. I just wonder if Santa or us get credit for the "big" gift, should he want one special item...but actually i wonder about that on xmas anyway for all the kids :-k

Poooooor Tillyyyy! That all sounds pretty normal for certain viruses but I am sure your mind is active with other possibilities. Here's to hoping the dr eases your fears and her discomfort!

And yes I attempted vbac last time. Lev turned his head in my vag and got stuck, hence the emergency repeat csection (and my near death experience, ha.)

Jez - My best mate (who is 4 wks preggers behind me) her Birthday is August 28th! always bank hols wknd celebrations :) Poor Tilly bless her what did the Dr say about the bloody mucus? Poor bunny... sometimes with Diarrhea esp if they been on meds to lower temp, it can just cause inflammation in the bowels, im hoping its that related

In all honesty, id prefer the csection to be nearer to his original due date or a smidge after - even though im so much pain right now, it just saves the hassle of Riley having the school runs done by inlaws etc.. oh well! They dont like to do elective sections after wk 39 really.. it is what it is really.

Fleuks, hows V's lip today? Bless her.. Nuala did this the other week & her tooth went right through her lip, she has a scar, the amt of blood was just awful :( at least the lips heal mega quick though. No, im looking to order the dbl stroller in the coming week as its black Friday week & i'm hoping for some discount, the Moses basket i want has been reduced right down in price already :thumbup: when it arrives, il snap a piccy.. its oooober cute <3

Dobs / MrsG i really feel for you ladies, the fire & air quality details are all over our news here in the UK atm the moment.. :big hugs, stay safe & take it easy to limit out of breathless-ness, which i know you will be doing anyway :hugs:

Hope the your MS is nowhere as bad today with the IV..

Gigs the fire causing our smoke is Camp Fire. Only 45% contained and over 600 missing and over 65 dead. They are saying we might get some relief Tuesday/Wednesday because it looks like it might rain. But seriously all of Alameda County closed schools today. I’m just in shock still.

Woolsey was the one I think my friend was worried about, but it’s 70% contained. They were more worried because there were high winds, but those have died down. She just started unpacking all her animals from their evacuation containers back into their habitats.

And I think they have Hill totally contained.

As for cause, idk about the SoCal ones but we still have no answer for CF. Could be anything to cause a spark with winds, low humidity, and 200 days of not a single drop of rain to just pick it up and out if control.

Made all that effort to come to this #laughingwhilecrying =\. But yeah their house is better and bigger so definitely easier to breathe inside at least. A still is coughing a storm but we have an out of town funeral then hoping that rains pulls through so we come back to better air

ETA has to do the pic in a separate post bnb being weird. Srsly no filter and it’s 10am that sky should be a beautiful baby blue

Fires- I heard from multiple sources, not sure if it's true as I haven't done research on it, that the camp fire was actually caused by PG&E. Supposdily, it was caused by a transformer box on Camp Rd (hence the name camp fire). For anyone who doesn't know PG&E is an electricity company here. I believe this could be true because the exact same thing happened on our property. We're lucky the fire firefighters took action and fast. They had two planes and more than 5 engines here as soon as it was reported. And we reported it fast.

Jez- oh no poor tilly! I would also freak out. I probably would have taken her in immediately. Hopefully she feels better soon

Gigs- woot woot for SAHMs! I only had normal MS with the boys. Like I was nauseous and threw up sometimes but I could mostly control it.

Dobs- glad you're going to your moms. Anything little bit makes a difference.

Flu- hope V gets better and glad the inspection passed. One less stress right?

Cb- the fires are on your news? How crazy!

I think the PGE thing is likely but still speculation. Most fires statistically are caused by equipment for utility companies, and with PGE being infamous for starting fires (like the big one in Napa last year) people are jumping the gun and assuming its them. Plus they had faulty equipment in that area, but it didn’t have power going to it. They already have a lawsuit against them for starting CF. But the investigation is still ongoing. But it probably is them lol.

Green that’s so scary! I’m so glad you were there to be on top of it and get responders out there quickly.

Cb I agree with green. I know it’s big news but didn’t know it was international big.

Dobs yikes that sky does not look happy. I hope you and A can get some relief from the poor air quality.

Green sorry you have to keep the boys inside due to the air quality.

I hope it rains for both of you!

Thanks shae I had to pick up my mom from work and literally just that short trip/going to and from the car and my nose is back to burning and my head hurts

In random news, I tried to make homemade cream cheese because I was craving cheesecake. It did not end well :rofl:

Also just realized i’m CD 30 so hoping all this cramping leads to a period soon. With my luck it’ll be tomorrow when I fly lol

Gigs ah I know it isn't too far, but it feels like forever when you are anxious. Waiting 5 weeks for my appt Monday has felt like torture. I suppose I'll go 4 weeks after this one and then every 2 weeks. I feel like I haven't prepared much for baby Serena. Maybe I can catch some good black Friday or Cyber Monday deals. I want some warm NB and 0-3 clothes for her. V lived in short sleeved onesies as she was a summer baby.

I always get nervous with stuff like that. I start to second guess myself. It went well from email I recieved. Said she saw a lot of improvement from when they came October 1st.

V also usually has bruising on her head. I know it's that toddler phase. We are doing Christmas pics on the 1st so maybe she will keep her face bruise free. Fx!!

Jez oh man. Any updates on Tilly. I know in adults bright red blood isn't terrible. Usually related to a small tear while straining or hemmrhoids. As far as kids, not sure as I haven't really dealt with kids in nursing since 2008! Hope sge get better and you stay well!!

V is a pretty sweet girl. She loves animals and kids. Has the sweetest giggle. I'm partial though. She is an "easy" child so I'm expecting Serena to be my wild child :haha:

Dobby thank you. She's been well today. She never lets things get her down too long. Pretty tough kiddo.

Glad you got somewhere with better air quality. That image is crazy!! Ugh, I can almost smell that smokey smell. Here's hoping for some rain!!!

I've never attempted homemade cheesecake, but that sounds awesome right now. Fx AF stays away for a little longer.
CB don't blame you on waiting for a great deal. Are you going to go shopping yourself for it? Maybe UK folks aren't as nuts when it comes to black Friday. I haven't been in years. Try to do mine online. Plus I hate how so many companies started the sale on Thanksgiving. In any case can't wait to see that Moses bssket :)

Greenie thank you. It is one less stress off my shoulders!! How are you feeling??

AFM I think my patience runs thin when I'm preggo. Had such a hard time not face palming in the classroom. Nor sure if she's just that bad with tech or couldn't read the screen. I don't think she'll make it, but I could be wrong.

I stopped at the mall to look at Carter's. Wanted to see if there were any outfits i might want to put V in for pictures. I have one that I really like, but you kniw gotta keep options open. I stood in line for awhile with only 3 other customers in either line. I was already in a tense mood. Stopped at ulta as I thought about buying an eyeshadow for pics. It was insane in there and could hardly get around people. So frustrating. Then traffic to get V was a nightmare. In the grand scheme of things it's all really small, but was not helping my poor mood. I did snag 2 pajamas for V.

I got my sweater and sweater dress from motherhood maternity. Just waiting on the nightgown and robe combo. I'd bought all that for 40!! Love a good deal :) :) :)

:( we just had major rain here, I will wish it your way! It was a mess for us, lotsa flooding yesterday but it froze overnight and caused havoc this morning;down trees, accidents, closed roads, and the city actually blacked out so businesses were closed and there was gridlock traffic everywhere (no working traffic lights). Still can't complain with what you guys have over there! I am happy my bro & wife will be coming Monday to VA. I hope the rain provides enough moisture for them to get everything contained.

Jez, Levin busted his lip today and I thought of you :haha: he tripped on the threshold in MIL's house and face planted on the hardwood floor. Amazingly no wound but he has a fat lip, poor guy! Also, the first love of my life, my boston terrier who passed days before Levin's birth, was born on August 28th! 2003.

Green how are you feeling after the iv? Did they try you on a new medication? Any relief yet (i hope!)?

Gigs — aww poor Lev, but maybe you were thinking of CB’s Nuala with the busted lip? I’m happy to share a bday with your beloved dog, though, God rest his soul.

CB — Eesh the busted lip!! Tooth going through the lip would freeeak me out. I’m not bad with blood but I think if my kid was bleeding a lot I’d freak out. Glad it healed quickly though.

Green — forgot to say you poor thing with the IV. I think I asked you this before but are you hoping for another boy?

Dobs — how on earth do you (try to) make cream cheese? And no rain for 200 days?! Is that normal or a climate change thang?

Flueks — your frustrating day sounds like my everyday. I don’t handle minor stresses like that well, especially if one thing triggers my annoyance, then the tiny/insignificant things just build until I rage inside. But I get over it very quickly, luckily.

So we took Tilly to the doc and it turns out she has an ear infection (both ears I think). She didn’t know what to make of the blood in the stool but said if It’s a bacterial thing, the antibiotics she gave us should fix that too. I was also paranoid about UTI, but it should fix that as well. She didn’t have an ear infection on Tuesday though so it must’ve been a viral infection causing fever originally and then secondary ear infection or something. Anyway her poop was fine today. In other news, I realized I can give her chewable Tylenol, which is cool coz she just eats it without a problem rather than me having to faff with forcing her to take it from a syringe. If only antibiotics came like that too. Oh, but I also realized she’s apparently lost weight since three months ago so now my dosing is off, oops. Hopefully the margin of error or large. And also, am I malnourishing if she’s basically barely put on any weight in like six months? Admittedly she hasn’t eaten properly for a week, but she’s 23lbs at 23 months. I swear I even remember her being 25lbs ages ago. Anyway, I ramble...

Gigs omg we had that same rain nastiness. Cold and rainy Monday through Thursday. Wish we could have sent it to Cali. We were a little too warm for it to be freezing rain or turn to ice. Is this the bro and sil that are ttc?? Have a good time :)

Lev needs to quit copying V. First the bad sleeping and then a busted lip. He doesn't want to be outdone. In any case hope it goes down soon. The swelling looked better for V yesterday.

I'll have to use the website pics as I've thrown them in the dirty hamper. I really like them though:)

Jez, I think pregnancy thins my patience over these small things. I know it's all petty stuff though.

Poor Tilly. I hope she feels better soon and no more bloody mucous poop. As for weight I think it's common for toddler to have weight loss or stall. They are so active they just burn those calories. V has been hanging around 25 to 26 lbs since around her first birthday. She's taller though and has thinned out a bunch of baby fat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->