• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Thanks all. I switched doctor’s and the new one said based on yesterday/a previous ultrasound and the symptoms that she thinks I have PCOS. So she said I can try losing weight and if that doesn’t help then I can use medication. I’m not putting hormones back into my body so I guess if my latest weight loss venture doesn’t work then this is my new normal.

Gigs yeah I had a 10g glofish tank but I hate glofish. So figured buying a new tank costs less than changing the hood/lights on that tank. I was tempted by a 55g (complete set for only $120). I’ve never gone over 30g. And I would need a stand (mine is only good up to 10g). And I just don’t want commit to that much work. Never had a 5g though so this is new lol

Pretty congrats on the hb!!!

Omg cb that smile already!!!!!! Love!

Off to read the page I missed got bombarded by gossip I was getting moved from my school site because numbers and one teacher has to go

To clarify I’m not lowest on the totem pole so ffs all the tears over nothing

Man it's only been 8 weeks! How is it so painful?! I do think hormones play a role...butbyeah the whole thing was painful. It got a little easier as we approached the finale but still not too pleasant. I'm guessing when myboeriod returns and things regulate it will get better. Hopefully it's earlier though...

I can't wait to see your hair!

Final dog update: he tried to eat one of my ducks today so he's got to go. I'm taking him to the shelter tomorrow morning.

Basically he ran into the woods with one then tried to bury it for later. I chased after him (it was a shit show because I was also yelling at the kids to stay inside); JUST caught the tail end (literally) of him burying the duck before he ran off. Thank God because i would have never found it! She was under a pile of leaves and I couldn't tell anything was there. I pulled her put and she has a puncture wound and was in shock, but ok. There's so much more to this story including the duck getting inside my house and splattering blood around (i set it down near the door to get the kids back inside and it sprang to life) and the dog going after the flock again but i don't feel like typing it all out. It was crazy and dog has to go.

Oh Gigs I’m so sorry! So glad the kids were safe and obedient and that you found the duck! Hugs.

Gigs omg I don't blame you about the dog situation. It sounds like a stressful day. As for sex, a vibrator really helped me. DH and I managed to dtd 5 weeks pp with me using a vibrator. The clit stim helped distract from pain from vag. It wasn't necessarily a great experience but it was easier and future sessions were easier. Also we did try prior to 5 weeks but was waaay too painful. I had a lot of perineal pain from that delivery and 2nd degree tear. Sorry for the bluntness.

CB i love that smile. Enjoy getting pampered and looking forward to hair pics.

Pacific that's a great gain for E!!

Pretty can't wait for your scan :)

Dobby sorry for probable PCOS diagnosis and stupid rumors at work :(

AFM V seems to have gained 4 ozs from Monday :) breastfeeding has been a much better experience this time. Just trying to feel confident in myself.

I got a call from urologist that they could work DH in on Wednesday so his surgery is next week. I hate I won't be there but a hospital is no place for a NB.

Fluek glad they could get him in sooner! Great news. Also great news on the weight gain! Hmm i'll have to consider the vibe thing. Yeah I guess my surprise is partially due to not having a vag delivery. I didn't even labor this time.

Dobs that is crazy about pcos! Did anyone ever suspect that before? At least you have an answer I guess.......

Cb such cute pics!!! When did he start smiling? Myles hasn't yet and I can't wait! He has given me a half smile twice and that's it. Lots of cute awkward facial expressions though haha

Flueks so glad they found an appointment! Will someone be able to go with him? It’ll be fine though. You gotta do what you gotta do.

Also such great news about the weight gain!

I have always had issues with cysts. Since my first pregnancy. I had a cyst in my uterus. Then my second pregnancy I had a huge ovarian cyst. Supposedly they mentioned it at my last ultrasound but I don’t recall and it’s not in my conditions lists. It makes perfect sense though. I gained hella weight which is known to exacerbate PCOS. I’m my heaviest and I healthiest

Gigs, sorry about the duck and the dog! So much for being scared of them... hopefully the shelter will be able to find him a livestock free, caring home.
At least ducks usually heal up pretty easy. There is good in the bad.

Flueky: yay! Happy for your hubby that they were able to squeeze him in. Speedy recovery to both of you :)
Second yay for easier breastfeeding time and weight gain.

Gigs, same question: did no one think of PCOS before? Oh, and I am still waiting on the work update ;) how did that play out?

Cb, such cute pics! How is he already 14 weeks old?? I can hardly believe that ours is already 4weeks/1 month old tomorrow!

Can't wait to see your new hair tomorrow :)

E managed his first diaper blow out tonight, the type where only a bath will do after. Of course right at Ls bedtime and the one night this week where I am on my own...

Sorry PL! Life has the worst timing.

Yeah idk I have always been told I had follicles but they said it’s normal. But I guess not that normal? Idk. It’s whatever. Going to try diet and exercise before meds. But damn I’m barely spotting and it hurts like heck.looking back on my old threads of wonky cycles as far back as 2016 some members did ask if I had PCOS

My coworker went in and talked to my boss. They let her cover me and aren’t making me make up the hours. I would like to. I wish I could do her hours but we work different instructional schedules so I can’t. But my boss and I have been avoiding eye contact all week :rofl:

Pl nooooo I'm sorry! Well after tonight's duck fiasco whilst on kid watch alone I do have to agree often life has a way of testing us at the worst times! I hope the kiddos at least slept well for you after all that :hugs:

Ahhhh Dobs that makes sense. I am sorry for your diagnosis but silver lining it didn't really seem to affect your fertility. Hmm is this the boss you liked? Hopefully things blow over quickly.

CB - He looks like a happy little guy. Looking forward to seeing your hair pics. Makes me miss having an alternative hair colour. lol

Gigs - Sorry you're still dealing with all that dog drama. Hopefully once you take him back, it'll be over once and for all. And can't really offer any sex advice that hasn't already been suggested. FX it won't hurt as much next time. :/

Flueky - Glad to hear BFing is going well and that DH will be getting his surgery soon. Just out of curiosity, what position did you birth in?

PL - That sucks that you were alone during E's blowout. C'est la vie, right?

Dobby - Doesn't PCOS make you gain weight though? I thought that's one of the reasons the woman from My Big Fat Fabulous Life is so big. Either way, good luck with your weight loss. And I hope your pain eases up soon.

AFM, was able to find the hb again tonight, but it moves away kinda quickly. So, I guess it's good that I have an active Munchkin. Not as much boob soreness as before, but my full uterus feeling has been more frequent. No morning sickness per se, just the immediate strong hunger pains. That being said, this morning, just a couple mins after I put the doppler away, I needed to rush to the bathroom and ended up having a very soft BM, thought I was gonna throw up (but didn't), and started sweating like crazy. Sorry, TMI. The feeling only lasted a few mins, but it was intense and hasn't happened again since.

Anyway, going to ComiCon tomorrow and I'm both dreading and looking forward to it. I'm looking forward to dressing up and getting to meet Ron Perlman and Dan Fogler (Jacob from Fantastic Beasts), but not so much the having to wait in line for everything (especially with a toddler) and hoping that SO will agree to drive me downtown cuz he's been in a bit of a pissy mood tonight. May have to bribe him with dinner and sexy times. lol

Hey ain't no shame in sexy bribes :haha:

Oooooh good question about the birth position !
PL same question!

Aw thanks. Yes dog will be going to the shelter first thing this morning. I felt really badly for him up until the duck attack...so I guess in a way it was a good thing...? It certainly helped me make the right decision. Also at least now i know he's not good with poultry; I was originally going to tell them how great he's been with the birds. I'd feel terrible if someone with chickens or something adopted him then he killed their flock! Anyway I believe it's a no kill shelter so no worries there. I just hope he finds a loving home with a responsible owner.

Gigs hormones also play role in the pain too.

Dobby his mom should be able too. She put in a time off request. His dad is another option though. Glad your coworker could cover the event for you.

Pacific not looking forward to diaper blowouts. Of course the timing had to be terrible as well.

Pretty funny enough... on my back :rofl: I'd planned on using a sheet around labor bar to pull but didn't need it. Have fun at ComiCon!! Oh and no shame on using sexy time ;)

Gigs life does happen for a reason. I’m glad you are more at peace with rehoming him and how nice a no kill shelter! We have very few and they are very choosy about what animals they take in. But one nokill shelter is soooo SF Bay Area. They don’t have kennels or cages, they have rooms and condos. They have individual air quality control. They’re decorated to mimic living rooms. They have a nice (members only) dog park. Two actually, small and large. Small dogs can go in the large at owner liability but not the other way around. They have to prove vaccination and pass a behavior test. They have solar panels and reclaim their water. Lol. I used to be a student volunteer back when it was a typical shelter and did a report on it in college when they moved. Humane Society of Silicon Valley in case anyway is like wtf is she talking about lol

Pretty so glad you’ve been finding the hb multiple times. Your scan is this week, right? Hf at CC! I have never been. A is a runner lol. I can’t take him anywhere where standing still is required :rofl: even with a leash (which upsets people I guess they call them safety tethers now lol). I trust my dogs off leash more than I trust him outdoors. And I don’t trust my dogs lol

Yeah I read somewhere PCOS makes it hard to lose weight, but weight gain makes your symptoms worse. It’s like self fulling prophecy much? Lol. And worse all the foods I’m not supposed to eat are keto friendly so after my two week keto reset I may need to look into a new meal plan. Blah

Re fertility it is nice to have the diagnosis after having a child so I know it’s possible. I figure lack of decent, single men will be a bigger fertility issue than PCOS at this point.

:rofl: lol dobby that's probably true. And dang with a shelter like that who cares if dogs end up there!? Sounds luxurious. There was something similar in northern VA but they were a "pet resort and spa".

Dog update, final installment: dog has been given to the shelter. The workers were all bitter with me that he was back and at how irresponsible and non responsive the owner is. They called and left voice mails and have heard from him either. The woman who did his intake work made it pretty clear the dog will not be going back to that owner unless he has a "really really really really good excuse". Well short of being in a coma, I'm thinking he'll be lacking in the good excuse category.

I’d be right pissed too. Wtf is with that owner. Hopefully the dog finds a nice home. On the bright side, at least the people there care enough to be angry and not just give him back to the owner. They’ll take good care of him in the meanwhile. How is the duck doing today?

Seriously that shelter is better than our doggie hotels at pet smart haha.

But yeah I was talking to my divorced friend with a kid about A’s age. She’s been on dates. I haven’t found anyone worth going out with. But we’re both just eyeballing our finances like hmmm when our kids hit kinder can we have a second on our own?

Does anybody watch Bridezillas?! Because omg every season it gets so much crazier.

Oh my the poor lil Duck, hows he/she doing today Gigs? Cant believe the shelter were Bitter with you though as you were doing the responsible thing & your not the owner?! Fx he finds a real lovely caring owner.

Pretty, sounds like a random bout of pg diarrhoea hun.. has it happened since? U should def get a funky hair colour hehe!

Gigs, Haydens been really grinning & smiling load the past few wks but properly started half smiling around 7wks & its just grown really, completely melts me heart, him & Riley sit there having themselves little gurgle conversations its sooo cute <3 Aww have u managed any half smiley pics yet of Myles?

Flueks that’s great about hubs surgery, im guessing its a straight forward procedure..

Dobs ive never seen BrideZillas but sounds crazy hahaa! I bet you’ll randomly meet mr right when your not really looking, you deserve happiness, your a lovely person :hugs:

So my hair looks very bright lol! I been trying to snap an ok pic that shows it all off, SO’s cousin took a couple but il try & get a better one tomorrow but il upload what she took :)

Oh Gigs i watched the first episode & part of episode 2 of the Handmaids tale... I am slightly hooked now, storyline is crazy! I felt very sad watching it..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->