• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Skimming but I looove shepherds. Always wanted a a trio of my fav Belgians (Turveran, Malinois, Shepherd). But no time for that energy or hair level lol

I want something low shed so like a poodle mix. I hate buying from a breeder but there are a lot of labradoodle and golden doodle rescues around these parts. I would love a bernadoodle.

I’d get a basenji if they were bigger.

Uvhkckyitx I can’t wait to get A his first puppy though. Luckily I have some great puppy rescues in my area. But sorry to say the sheltie has to head to the sky farm before that happens. I do worry about her. She’s pushing 9 with a slippery knee cap and heart murmur. I have no money for any serious condition either. My cat passed from liver failure at this age as well so I get nervous.

Sorry rambling!

Last edited:
Dobs, we have a ton of doodles in our parts and I have yet to meet one without any major issues. Medical or mental. Just a heads up... Too many unknowns for a $1400+ mixed breed dog in my honest opinion. Most "breeders" don't even do the health testing as they aren't associated with any of the registries and the foundation breeds both have major issues and it should be carried on.

Skimmed too.

I get nervous too Dobs, and I suck with pet death. I’ve always moved out before family pets have died too, and yet it’s still been bad. Esp the moment of finding out... just traumatizes me for a while. I thought having a baby would take the love (and therefore grief) away a bit but I think if anything it’ll just be worse coz now Tilly’s old enough to feel the loss and to probably remind me everyday how the cat is not there, not to mention how guilty I already feel for neglecting him once she came along. Wow that’s dark, sorry. Other than some weird condition, he actually got a pretty clean bill of health recently. Was sure bloods would reveal kidney stuff coz he pees just outside the litter tray recently and is a 8-10-year-old Siamese, but it was all fine. Unless they mixed up his results? Yup my mind goes there.

Ellie definitely possible but I’d say fairly unlikely?

Gigs I was meaning to ask about the dog. I wonder why the delay in coming back to you. Also, is it a sign?

Gigs did he pick up the dog from the shelter and then not secure him AGAIN?!

Dobs I have an Aussie doodle. We got her from a shelter but it was multiple states away and because of all the stuff going on in our lives at the time we didn’t have time to drive down so we had her flown to us. She was okay but understandably scared when we went to pick her up. She’s a sweetie, very smart but doesn’t like to listen because we didn’t train her properly, and she’s always asking for us to pet her and play with her. So needy :haha: anyway, I agree with PL about the breeder thing.

Ellie there’s always a chance with pullout but unless he didn’t successfully pull out I’d say it’s very very unlikely.

Dobs what is a bernadoodle?

Yes, i think the dog spent 1-3 nights at the shelter before he was picked up. And yes, once again he is on my porch. I haven't messaged the owner yet. The dog came here last night pretty late and I don't want the guy on my property "after hours". I'll message him in the morning and see what happens. I'm tempted to not text and just see how long it takes for him to reach out to me...i really don't want the responsibility of another pet, especially an older one, but I just love this dog!

Jez as she's a senior cat I bet they're even looking specifically for medical issues, iykwim, so that's fantastic all was well. Losing pets sucks for sure. I'm still not over the loss of my boston...but he was my first pet (except a puppy i had for less than a week but that is a tragic story for another day) and i had him nearly 14 years. He was with me through every move and major relationship. I love my other dog but I don't think any pet loss will hit me as hard as the boston.

Actually I accidentally came across a video of that dog on my computer the same day this new dog showed up on my porch the first time. Weird, right? Serendipity?

Also I love pets and am not opposed to anyone aharing any new/recent pics of theirs. Just sayin...

I've been reading but still adjusting to family of 4 and breastfeeding. S does better if I squish my boob like a hamburger. She prefers to cluster feed at night and I've been cosleeping/bedsharing at night but naps in rock n play. Had her bilirubin level tested yesterday, but haven't heard back. I need to call, it's stil elevated I know but assuming not high enough for intervention or I'd heard from peds office. She'd lost another 2 oz from discharge but still within 10% weight loss. We go back Tuesday for another weight check.

Found out today they didn't reschedule DHs kidney stone surgery and they are booked rest of the month (he only does surgery on Wednesdays). He's booked for the 3rd of April. So crazy. I'm waiting for him to decide if he wants me to call another urology group to see if they could do surgery sooner.

Dh took a pic of Mocha, S, and V all with me in the rocker. I'll have to get him to send to me so I can share.

Fluek I hope her levels are good and she starts packing on the pounds! Good luck on her next appointment. I know the weight gain issue can be nerve racking :hugs:

Can't wait to see this picture!

Flueky, sorry to hear they didn't reschedule the surgery! Can hubby actually wait another month or is the pain too unbearable?

E is/was the same with the sandwiched nipple. It really just depends on the position we are in plus he tends to take in a lot of air although his latch isn't bad. So he needs to be burped right at the milk letdown, gets cranky/fussy and pops of the boob: gets sprayed in the face: more upsetting to him :haha: I have a decently strong let down, who likes getting sprayed in the face with milk?
E didn't turn colour until about 10 days old from his jaundice. But because he wasn't lethargic, had the proper diaper outputs (colour and volume), my mw wasn't too concerned.

Flueks yikes about the delayed surgery.

AFM just wanna vent about this crazy luteal phase thing. The Kyleena IUD is making me have week long luteal phases. I’m 7 dpo and I’m bleeding (more like spotting for a regular period but definyely enough on an iud to call this my period, there’s red blood). It’s driving me a bit nuts. They seriously need to put out male birth control cuz I just want my natural cycles back. I also normally have a day of light brown before my period, even before I was on any birth control, and this came out of nowhere. I was super lucky that it didn’t get on my underwear and I only noticed it when I wiped. I’ll be so excited when I get married and have a job and place to live and I can stop taking birth control all together.

Shae, I have no idea how the iuds are supposed to work...can you go to a different brand or will it straighten itself out still?

Sorry to say: the best part about pregnancy are 9 months of no worries about getting pregnant for a second baby... If that makes sense? No limitations for timing of sex.
Ill miss that....

Gigs thanks. They didn't call me back but hopefully hear from them tomorrow or I'll call again.

Pacific his pain isn't bad. He rarely takes a pain pill. My concern is waiting with the size of the stone. Although if his pain was bad I think they'd work him in. So double edged sword situation.

Oh yes pregnancy sex is nice and worry free for me. Ttc sex is next best thing.

Shae I wonder if a short luteal phase is normal with kyleena?? Honestly i think long term birth control for either sex isn't healthy. I think disrupting your body's natural cycle is harmful. It's why I don't want iud. It's tempting with aspect of not having to track cycle, use condoms and/or pullout. I understand why you use it though. I won't bash anyone who uses it, it's just not for me anymore.

Apparently hubby didn't snap one with the girls and mocha sitting with me. I'll post one later. In the meantime pic sans mocha and one of S.

20190312_194755.jpg

Awww lovely pics! I esp V’s expression haha

Re breeders and purebreds totally. My friend’s doodles are all super healthy and well mannered but they also cost 5-10k because the breeder does run health and genetics and only breeds so many litters. I’d rather roll my dice at a rescue. My Aussie mix is just lovely (she does have some genetic enamel thing) but no other issues.

Bbl A is crying. I picked him up late cuz I was crying at work for an hour for getting reprimanded for something I now realize is not my fault

Dobby I know, she'd never done that before either:haha: anyone way to "fight" being wrongly reprimanded??

Lol well it made for a super adorable picture

Gigs it’s a Bernese mountain dog mixed with poodle. Also woooow with the dog! Poor thing. He’s lucky he has a safe, even if temporary, refuge

Flueks wtf?! I can’t believe they would just sit there and be like tough s*

I’m just going to see how it plays out.
Long story short we have to sign up for extra duties each year.
I signed up to do this Cultural Day thing.
They picked a date and time and didn’t tell me until THIS AFTERNOON.
It’s of course when I have a meeting and my ultrasound TOMORROW. Literally less than 24 hours notice. Meeting can be cancelled. Ultrasound cannot. Like ffs I could potentially have uterine cancer (unlikely honestly I think cyst ruptured).
Boss lectures me on my responsibilities.

Shae I bled normal with paragard but afterwards things were never normal again

Dobs that's not even fair and insanely irresponsible on their part! Wtf?! Did they have a reason for telling you so late?

Fluek that picture is definitely blow-up-and-hang-on-the-wall worthy <3 and i love the close up of little S. btw since I've been watching the handmade's tale...one of the lead characters is named Serena. You aren't supposed to like her but i always have and I still loooooooove that name! It's so pretty.

Re: dog the owner never texted back and never picked the dog up. He's on my porch still. I feel terrible for him because it's going to be very cold tonight and I can't let him inside. I gave him the cat's heated bed (cat is terrified of this dog, but not ours -- both are cat friendly though haha). I hope it's enough to keep him comfortable.

I don't know what to do now. We actually played with him outside yesterday. He was nice to the dog and Levin, but he's a bit strong. I'd be afraid he'd accidentally hurt one of the kids in closer quarters.

Anyway I can't take him back to spca with all the kids on my watch. I guess I could call animal control but he's not causing any problems so not sure what they would do...?

Blahhhhhhhh this dang dog! I wish his owner was just freaking responsible!!!

Ah Dobby thats completely out of order re your work thing! They need to be giving you a minimum of at least a weeks notice for that kind of thing!! I hope your ultrasound goes ok though..

Pacific lol at Milk spray :haha: Haydens had a couple of milk pools by his eyes when ive nodded off feeding him :rofl:

I sometimes need to move my boob out the way of his lil nose as he squishes his face onto me when he feeds haha!

Awww Flueks luuuuuurvly photos <3 V’s face with her hands hahaa love it! You look really well aswell :)

Im stuck to know what to say re the Dog situation Gigs.. would the shelter look to rehome the Dog if the owner didn’t go to collect him?

Riley finally went back to school yesterday woop!! Although he was a complete butt after school but i think that was tiredness more than anything as first day back etc..!

Finally im getting my hair done this Saturday eeee! Im having bright pink underneath & my usual blonde highlights ontop hehe im so excited! Although im sure SO’s cousin whos the hairdresser is more excited to be putting pink on my hair haha!! My hair should look like this, a pic i found on google via Pintrest

Ohh I bet that'll look amazing cb! Can't wait to see how it turns out. First day back for Des too since last week. He was a complete butt this morning, saying he was still sick, then told me he got hurt bu a grown up girl (which he quickly admitted was a lie), then finally truth came out he didn't want to go because church, which they do on Wednesdays, is too boring lol. So he fought me on getting dressed, then he had a freak out because he couldn't clear his stuffy nose. Then he had a small melt down having trouble with his socks. When all was said and done we were about 20 minutes late to school but he seemed happy to be there when we arrived.

Now my struggle is Lev who is refusing to nap -.-

Dog update: I texted the owner again, basically said if he doesn't want the dog, just say so. If he does, pick him up asap. I tried to guilt him about abandoning the dog for two days in cold weather.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->