General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Good luck Fluek. Not sure if you recall but I struggled getting Myles to not sleep on me but we did it :) honestly i can't even remember how that transition happened...but here we are. Now if only I coukd get him to nap outside the swing:..

Shae sounds like you guys had fun :)

Gigs thank you. She's still a little sick so not ready yet and damn I looked at her sweet sleeping face and it weakened my resolve some. This girl won't nap in a swing. She in rare occasion falls asleep in car seat but that's it other than me. I set her down in rnp (before recall) and she napped in it for her first 3 to 4 weeks then would wake immediately after that. It's going to be rough :( she is so different from V. V had a stage where she was clingy but she outgrew it quickly and we only bedshared a handful of times.

S is getting long. In fact I think we will move up to 3 to 6 month clothes before too long because of her height rather than weight.

Oh and pretty sure DH has pink eye :( I hope the rest of us don't catch it.

Flueks oh no pink eye is no fun, fx’d it doesn’t spread around

So I’m guessing I was correct about hormones affecting me yesterday, because my temp jumped half a degree. I even double checked it cuz it was such a difference lol.

That dang nausea just isn’t going away... I woke up still nauseous and bleh feeling. Took a zofran. Took a nap, and woke up at 3:45 pm with the nausea back at full force, heavy headed, etc. So I just took another zofran and I’m just really hoping I don’t throw up, but I do wonder if it’s not going to go away until I do.

Shae I hope nausea is gone now. I hate that and vomiting .

Guys she drank 2 oz yesterday!!!! So playtex bottle with petite slow flow nipple is our winner. However I've got to do some formula finding. She didn't want to drink similac pro advanced. I tried the enfamil infant sample I had snd that's what sge drank 0.5 oz and then 2 oz of. However, she was gassy for the sitter and not happy about it. I tried burping her really well Friday so I'm thinking it's just the formula. I have samples of enfamil gentlease so I'll try it next. I want to give her as much breastmilk but I'm not being a slave to the pump by pumping between feedings. I'll pump to replace one if we are apart and possibly when she's sttn.

So far no one else has caught his pink eye. We all left him home while we went to a birthday party for my nephew. I had a fun time and my mom was there to help me. S did surprisingly well for both car rides. She cried a little on way there but never reached "banshee" mode. Ah it was so nice.

Flueks im so glad the Playtex bottles seem to be doing the trick :) What Formula is she having?

Shae fishing sounded great fun, is your sickness Hormone related?

I had to google Pink eye, its Conjuntivitis :( I’ve had that a few times over the years.. hope your hubs doesn’t have it Flueks its horrid!

In other news, Hayden has been having some fruity/veges all mashed up, bringing his poops to a whole new level Lol! :sick:

My bestie came round on Friday & i got so drunk i was completely hanging most of yesterday lol! She was supposed to go home at 11:30pm but left at 2:30 uhhh! Then Hayden had me up at 5:45! No sleep for the wicked but self inflicted! Just made me realise that this is why i don’t like getting drunk, i just cant do the next morning & SO was rubbish & slept most if day, i wont be doing it again in a hurry! But i did have a reeeeally good evening & so much laughing :)

Flueks yay for bottle/nipple success!!! Hopefully you’ll find a formula that works well for her. Glad the pink eye is contained for now.

CB aw sorry about the lack of sleep after drinking, it’s always awful when you can’t sleep in after getting drunk. Glad you had a good time that night though. I’ve heard adding solids makes baby poop horrendous, sorry you’re dealing with that :(

So today my mom randomly pulled out two journals and gave one each to my sister and I... they were journals in which she wrote TO us starting when she was pregnant with us. Mine went through age 2 and then had a few entries when I was 5. Apparently my mom bought 18 (yes, 18) tomato plants one summer when I was 2 and we had an abundance of cherry tomatoes and I absolutely loved them and ate a ton of them but they gave me diarrhea... which means that nothing has changed :rofl: except that I get my tomatoes from the store, we haven’t grown tomatoes in years. Anyway the journal is super adorable and now I definitely want to do that for my kids when I have them.
Here are a few pages:
D566627F-F9AE-419C-A1EE-968E04DEA307.jpeg FB670582-56E9-40C8-B736-96EF0D043920.jpeg
7455F597-D2DE-490D-8815-35EFB6CD9114.jpeg

Nausea-wise, the heavy-headedness came back around 7 pm but not the nausea. That resolved after lying down for a bit. We’ll see what tomorrow brings. Guessing it’s either hormonal or diet related?

Cb I tried enfamil infant most recently. Will try their gentlease this week. DH was confirmed pink eye yesterday. Now my left eye is a little red and scratchy so I most likely have it now :( ugh!!!!!

Sorry for the hangover. They are terrible and I can only imagine mixing it with sleep deprivation. Hope you get rest tonight

Shae that's really cool about the journal. I should do something like that and add it to the baby books.

Hey ladies. Same story from me, SO hogging the computer for days and still fairly tired. I also am reading everything, but I feel like I'm barely retaining, so I'll do my best to comment.

PL - If L is walking his pee to the bathroom and not spilling, that's pretty impressive. And ya, that's pretty weird that that couple won't let their baby move around. I would've straight up asked why.

Flueky - Yay for finding a bottle S will take. Good luck with the sleep training. I really gotta make sure I'm more strict with sleep training with this new baby. I swear, Alex would only ever nap on me. Or just any warm body. Sorry to hear DH has pink eye and that sucks about having to go back to work so soon. :(

shae - Sorry you've been feeling so nauseous. FX it stays away. And that journal is so cute. I kept one when I was pg with Alex, but I literally stopped writing in it as soon as I told SO I was pg (at 24 weeks) and haven't kept any journal with this new baby. I also haven't filled in any of the baby book I bought for Alex. Mom of the year over here. lol

kitty - FX you'll get a BFP when you get home. :)

AFM, everything for the convertible crib I ordered for SO's place has arrived except for the mattress protector, so I just brought the one from my place. It's now all set up and I'm pretty sure Alex slept through the night last night AND didn't roll out of bed. So, I think that's a win.
On the house front, SO asked me a couple days ago when we wanted to contact a real estate agent. He was gonna do it that night, and then his computer got the blue screen of death and when it booted back up, he just started watching YouTube videos and playing Minesweeper. Gonna see if I can kick his butt to do it today.
So, anyone doing anything special for father's day? I made a full breakfast for SO and Alex had made a cute card at daycare. We're also going to a Chinese buffet for lunch, but he doesn't know yet. ;)

64549110_10156578056403095_2554411763273564160_n.jpg 64415962_10156578056528095_5190828397986578432_n.jpg 64397830_10156578270628095_5309735671382933504_n.jpg 64668998_10156575958098095_8413607879348584448_n.jpg

Oh Flueks no that’s rubbish, has he been given any drops for it? I know theres eye drops you can buy over the counter to try & eliminate the bacteria from it.. I’ve not heard of those formulas but they’re probs like the ones in uk, the Gentlease sounds like a comfort milk, ive used them before & found them quite good after bf’ing, more gentle on their lil tums :)

Pretty, did your SO like the buffet lunch for Fathers day? Aww cute bumpy pic :)

Its Fathers day in uk aswell today, we took kiddies to an indoor soft play, so many pg ladies there, found myself in the ‘i miss my bump’ kinda mood lol!

Ahhh Shae those diarys are such a lovely keepsake. I wish i had done something like that with mine now lol! Does your Mum ever refer to you as Shrimp?

Flueks oh no, I hope the scratchy eye goes away and is nothing! Good luck with formulas. My mom wrote in the journal that she used similac low iron for me to supplement breast milk (low supply due to return to work and me eating like a grown man) cuz regular iron made me grumpy lol, idk if they even make those anymore.

Pretty yay for getting stuff moved, STTN, and SO being more willing to pursue real estate options! For father’s day we gave my dad a funny Star Wars card and way too much beef jerky, then sent him on a date with my mom since they never get to spend time alone together lol. They also went to a Chinese buffet. Odd for Father’s Day that the kids weren’t there but whatever.

CB no she never calls me shrimp, I think they dropped that nickname at the 20 week ultrasound when they changed my nickname to Rocky. Apparently my grandmother sent me a Christmas card while my mom was pregnant with me addressed to Rocky. But I don’t remember ever being called Rocky by anyone as a kid. I have a 2 syllable name so there’s no real point in having a nickname for it lol, they specifically picked my name because they didn’t want people giving me unapproved nicknames.

AFM my temp dropped back down today so I’m thinking the nausea may have been a virus and not ovulation. My sister has been nauseous today, I’ve been feeling pretty okay. I think I’m fertile though because my cervix is a bit higher and I’ve been getting fertile CM so I’ll probably O soon.

Hope your feeling abit better though Shae :hugs: & lol at the Rocky nickname when in utero hehe!

CB thanks, I only had a few little episodes of heavy-headedness but not really any nausea today, so that’s good.

Thinking of dyeing my hair back to red again (I did this exact same dance last summer lol). The brass just won’t go away no matter how much purple or blue shampoo I soak it in. I’m feeling very impulsive and want to do it right now but I have dry shampoo in my hair so I can’t, it needs to not have any products in it. Idk, I just think the red gave me a fiery vibe and people always thought it was natural so clearly it didn’t look bad, I really liked it... I’ve definitely imagined myself getting married with red hair and I feel like red hair kinda identifies with my soul if that makes sense (probably not, it’s just hair). I have work on Tuesday so I don’t want to dye my hair the day before work cuz if it comes out bright I won’t have time to wash it to tone it down. So I’d probably dye it Tuesday night or Wednesday. Idk. I’m glad I can’t dye it right now cuz I’m super impulsive and totally would. If hair grew much faster than it does and I could grow my natural color out fully in a couple months I don’t think I’d be tempted to dye my hair back cuz it would be nice to have maintenance free hair but life doesn’t work that way so...

What do you guys think?

Reference pics for those who haven’t seen me with red hair:
ECA2393E-6218-4B7E-BCEC-61E7562D66BE.jpeg
(Please ignore the overdrawn eyebrows in the lower right, I am terrible at makeup and was experimenting lol)

Pretty yeah I wasn't counting on bed sharing as I only did it a few times with V. I think it's harder this time because I knew if I didn't get sleep I was SOL with caring for toddler during the day. Also didn't want her to wake ftim any crying.

Looks like a good breakfast and love the bump. Is it today you go to mw about your scan?

CB no otc antibiotic drops but he was prescribed some. No one ekse has came down with it.

well it didn't seem to work as she wouldn't suck the bottle. I think it was tge taste and I don't blame her it smelt awful.

Shae thanks something just irritated my eye, but talk about awful timing. I say go for dyeing hair red again

AFM ugh so tired from not sleeping well for weeks now. Well last night wasn't bad but I could use sleeping 12 hours lol.

Pink eye didn't spread thankfully. Girls are pretty much back to normal. S doesn't seem to like gentlease taste so back to square one.

Oh no.. Flueks do they sell Aptamil in US? All mine have had this, so close to breastmilk :) sorry shes refusing the other..

Shae your too cute :hugs: The colour really suits you, your very similar looking to my niece, her hairs naturally that red

Flueks glad pink eye didn’t spread.

CB I wish my hair was naturally red :cry: I had reddish hair as a baby but it went away, I looked like a carrot top in pictures (I took a picture of the printed picture lol). My mom described it in her journal as dark honey with red tones before it changed.
CA5066B7-A33E-46A9-9586-603EE103B44C.jpeg

So I dyed my hair red but the ends didn’t really take cuz I didn’t process them long enough, so I have copper roots and copper toned dark blonde everything else. So I’m just gonna re-dye it and process it for longer. I did it like I was just doing upkeep and I should’ve dyed the whole head the same amount of time cuz it wasn’t already red. My mistake. But I’m going to the store in the morning anyway so I’ll grab one while I’m there and fix it up. I figure I’ll add dye to the roots a little later than the rest of it cuz I want it to even out. Once I get it evened out I’ll post pics of it.

Hey ladies. Sorry this is gonna be a selfish post, so I'll try to keep it brief and post again later.

MW appt had to be pushed back by a day, but I got my results. Apparently the tech didn't get all the spine pics she needed, but all the pics she did get look good. The MW gave me a req to get the rest of the pics, if I wanted, which I do and I'll get them done early next week probably. Placenta is posterior and it's confirmed we're having another boy. Send me some viable girly baby dust for my next pregnancy. -.-

SO has yet to contact the realtor still. First he says he doesn't want to have to move this year, then he says we should try to get a place before the new baby comes, now he's dragging his feet with less than 18 weeks to go. Sometimes I dunno how I put up with him.

Alex has slept in his own bed for the last 4 nights without waking up or falling out. So, yay for that.

Sorry all been skimming but I went in a little mommy vacation for the weekend to recharge/celebrate my birthday. Went to San Juan Island to see orcas but didn’t see any! Came home and hopped on a whale tour in Monterey and saw four :). My mom says that it’s a sign that this year my happiness is closer than I think it is.

But to enjoy my vk I turned my phone off most of the day and now it’s hard to get back into check it all the time lol

Pretty, sorry DH is unmotivated again. Ask him for his must have list and contact the realtor yourself?
We are still somewhat looking too, but have realized that the market just doesn't have what we want... So will probably wait at least a year.
Congratulations on boy!

Dobs, awesome for your mini vacation and whale watching! Hope you got some well deserved rest! Did you leave A with your mom?

Afm, busy month ahead still. Saw family last weekend (5 hour trip one way!), Attending a wedding next weekend, DH goes down island again during the week for work (5 hour trip one way). Weekend at home, then we go down to family the following week for sil baby shower and family visiting from across the country. 3 days later DH flies to st. Louise... 3rd week of July should calm down a bit......

L still fights on bedtime, he will not stay in bed now that the rails are off. He's been falling asleep around 930 or 10 pm at night. Any advice?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->