General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Gigs, so you turn the lights on for your night feeds? I am a strong believer in doing everything in the dark (maybe one of those small plug in lights on the wall) and no talking, no picking up (works for us as we co-sleep).

E now needs to be put into bed for his daytime naps. Then around 7 he again needs sleep, so I put him in our bed (fed) and at our bedtime we quietly join him, change diaper, feed and he goes right back to bed.
What's interesting is that he goes to sleep so much easier without us fussing around him during the day and at "his bedtime". My midwife says some babies just need no stimulation to go to sleep.

Does anyone else feel like a chamber maid when constantly emptying out your child's potty?
Seriously, I feel like I am starting to understand why rich people paid someone to do that 200 years ago....
Not exactly complaining, our garbage is getting so much lighter ;)

Kitty wow that’s so long to wait, I’d be going crazy! But true that if you’re pregnant you’ll have an amazing line when you get back. Has the spotting stopped completely? What country are you in, are you vacationing or visiting someone?

Gigs so sorry about being up so many times and so early :( I’m sure that really messes with your mental health and ability to function during the day. Sending “sleep through the night” vibes and love :hugs:

PL lol @ chamber maid :haha: I emptied sooo many urinals and a few bedpans during clinical last semester, now I’m gonna start thinking of myself as a chamber maid (when I do it) for kicks and giggles :rofl:

Flueks hopefully the issues resolve with feeding S :hugs:

Sorry that’s all I can remember, much love to those I missed.
AFM I had my first day of solo hostessing today... and the seating computer went down for about half an hour. I was just putting people wherever was clean and hoping for the best, I kept apologizing to the servers cuz I was probably sitting them unevenly but I didn’t have a paper chart I could use. But overall I did okay and they understood that I was overwhelmed with the computer being down and being new.

Anyone know anything about strength/weight training? I went to a full body barbell + free weights class (it was all women so less intimidating for me, thank goodness) 1.5 weeks ago and I was in pain for a solid 5 days, I couldn’t do stairs for 4 days and I could barely walk for 3, and my arms and shoulders hurt for 3 days. I haven’t gone back since cuz I’m lazy, and I’m thinking of going tonight (not to a class, just the gym in general).
SO’s brother does weight training and told me to do separate days for different body parts so I’m at least partially functional afterwards, eg. leg day, core day, arm day, etc. So I’m thinking of doing lower body early in the week, core in the middle, and upper body towards the end of the week. It’s just pretty intimidating for me to do it outside of a class cuz idk much about it lol. They have a core-specific class so I’m planning to use that for core day but they don’t have classes specifically for upper or lower body.
I know I haven’t mentioned cardio, I do plan on doing a little cardio but not a ton, I’m not trying to lose weight but rather get stronger. I figured I’d do a bit as a warmup for leg day and maybe go to a spin class or something occasionally.
Anyway, any advice is much appreciated.

Sorry for triple posting and selfish posting in advance lol

I went to the gym for leg day. It went well for the most part. I did angled leg presses, seated leg extensions, prone leg curls (they didn’t have seated), calf raises, and barbell squats. Only issue was, the squat rack barbell without weights is still too heavy (I think 45 lbs) for me to squat with :rofl: I can’t get all the way down with proper technique. The one time I did, I nearly didn’t make it back up. I could feel them in my back instead of my legs and glutes (which sounds like a back injury waiting to happen). So I ended up doing some air squats with proper technique to make sure I exercised the right muscles. Hopefully if I practice I’ll be able to get all the way down with the bar eventually. I’ve got the remember to consciously use my legs muscles. Oh and a funny tidbit, the barbell at the squat rack was on a lower rack and I needed to put it on the proper height rack... I tried to pick it up... it barely budged. I had to squat just to pick it up to put it where I needed it to do the actual squats. That worked out cuz I wasn’t going down with it, just up.
Drank my protein shake too fast and now I’m nauseous, so today was just a heck of a lot of learning experiences :rofl:

Shae I’m not gonna lie, I skimmed all your gym and exercise stuff. Clearly I’m avoidant of more than just the actual activity. Good for you though.

Gigs sorry about the sleep issues. I have a couple of friends with babies 4-5 months old and they’ve definitely been having a terrible time lately with theirs babies’ sleep. I say hang in there because things always change!

Flueks is S finally taking a bottle since you were able to leave her for 6 hours? That’s awesome if so. Also I’m wondering what actually happens if a baby refuses a bottle but mama has to go back to work. They must get milk somehow? Tilly also never took a bottle, but luckily I had a lot of time off. It’s shocking that 16 weeks is considered good. Is that full pay?

Pretty glad the u/S went well other than revealing gender. The tech told me at my scan without any issues so can’t be a Canadian thing. Wonder if you go to a different place next time; their policy might be different. Alex is so cute btw. I added you on IG!

PL way to go L on potty training! And your poor cat :( raccoons look so cute but are absolutely vicious. Even the squirrels are a bit aggressive too here ha.

Keeps any more updates?

Kit FX you return for a nice surprise!

Green hope baby Memphis is doing well in the NICU and will be home with you before you know it. Can’t remember if you said but have the boys seen him yet?

I had more to respond to but it’s almost 1am and my memory is shot, I’m sorry.

Urhh Dobby that sucks, sorry! Will u be creating a new one or just leaving it for the times being?

Gigs bless u.. its crappy when they’re up loads in the night, i had another sh**ty night aswell so i feel your pain hun! Hayden keeps waking & pulling his dummy out & starts whinging uhh either its teeth or food related! I may start him on the 6+Months cereal formula i used to give Nuala.. and so the elimination starts! SO felt the need to tell me at 4:30 this morning ‘he needs more Milk’ :angry: i told him to do one at that hr ffs he doesnt know what he eats or anything in the day as he just not interested! Grr

Flueks thats great Serena is adjusting a lil bit with others when your not around, it is nice having some personal time here n there. Sorry it may look like u have to completely cut her off the boob hun, you may be able to just give her the odd night or first morning feed when she starts taking the bottle a bit better maybe?!

We actually have a Ronald McDonald house in the University Hospital here in Southampton, i forgot about that, they’re so great there, our friends Daughter is in hospital atm after heart surgery & they stay there quite abit

Shae SO does the gym thing 4 nights a week, 2 days on, 1 day break & then 2 days back on again but each time they do a diff body weights so your not in a ton of pain at once, i hope your bods feeling ok now :)

MrsGreen i hope Memphis is doing better now :)

Pacific Lol @ housemaid haha! Being potty trained has money saving perks aswell hehe!

Ooh Kitty are u on hols anywhere nice?? Hope spotting has stopped & af stays away to reveal a blazing BFP for you

07:26 - Gotta get sorted for school run shortly!

Starting to think this is run of the mill sleep bs and teeth. I just wish he woukd stop with this trying to start every morning between 3 and 4 malarkey! We're up again now, been up for a half an hour or so (it's 4:40) and he's yammering away.

Actually no, I'm quite cold to him at night. Since I don't nurse anymore I don't remove him from the cosleeper, I don't turn any lights on, and I don't talk to him. Most of the time he passes back out quickly UNLESS it's past 3am. Then he's ready to party.

Kit fingers super tightly crossed you'll be coming home to a BIG ol' positive test! Enjoy your vacation!

Shae your gym tips look sound to me. Once you go more you won't be in as much pain after. Also i know some muscle groups you can work out moreoften than others. I think it's bigger ones...like thighs and abs? Something like that.

Thanks guys! I’m in Tenerife for 2 weeks, it’s lovely! We went hiking yesterday so my legs are a little sore today, spotting has completely stopped now and getting lots of CM so I’m not drinking very much at all just incase!

Shae in terms of gym if you want to do squats but can’t lift the barbell easily then the weighted balls are quite good to squat with, that’s what I started on! Or just normal dumbbells in each hand!

I Really hope Myles’ constant waking is short lived Gigs :hugs:

Hayden hardly napped yesterday so last night was fun Urghh!

Ooooh Kitty Tenerife niiiiiice!!! Have a lovely chillaxed time & fab that spotting has stopped :) im feeling good vibes for you eee!

Jez lol totally understand

Dobs that’s odd, can you not just change the password? Or are you worried someone is specifically targeting you?

CB yeah I’m trying the specific body groups at a time thing. I’m feeling okay this morning. I was working out 12 hours ago so I might feel worse tonight and tomorrow but so far my legs only ache when I do stairs, so I know I didn’t overdo it this time. Sorry about lack of nap for Hayden.

Gigs hm I’ll look into the bigger muscle groups thing. Sorry that post-3am means party time, hopefully that resolves.

Kitty ooo thanks for the tip re: squats. Had to look up Tenerife, it looks lovely! Are you staying at a beach resort? Glad the spotting has stopped!

Shae, for work out: if you are that sore doing squats id remove the weights. Your body is its own weight, keep the quality of your exercise and do it correctly, if not doing it right you may do more harm then good to yourself in the long run or being ineffective.. Thats also how you set yourself up for had habits.in my opinion...

Gigs, dang sorry for another rough night... Fx it's just a quick phase and you can laugh about it soon.

Cb, it's lovely not having to put L into diapers, although pull ups are a lot more expensive... we've started putting the potty into his room at night and he has used it. Usually he uses it a couple of times after his bedtime (as an act of avoiding bed)

DH visited a former coworker and his wife the other day. They have a 9 month old who is the size of our not quite 4 month old. The part that is still nagging my mind: Everytime the baby just looked like it was about to make a noise they'd shove the pacifier into her mouth. They also only like her on her back especially if it looks like she wants to move they just push her over to be back on her back. They discourage her from moving... Why would someone discourage their child? Am i missing something?

Leaving it be cus I can’t find the f*ing delete button :rofl:

Sorry will catch up today was last day of school and chaos chaos chaos

Thanks y'all. Yeah with Lev this teething phase lasted until he was over a year old soooo...I will hope for, at the least, just waking up once a night instead of 128383993 times. This is the curse of early teethers I suppose. But this kid seems to not be a fan of sleep in general. He's fighting bedtime as I type. Wtf. Barely any naps today, too. I also hope this is a phase.

Also he started rolling front to back. In my experience milestones disrupt sleep too...

Pl that is super weird. Things like that make me so uncomfortable...are they first time parents?

I was just going to ask that aswell if they are first time parents, stressed out at possible crying so pop the dummy in.. :-/ I wish Hayden would roll over, he tries but moves about on his back.

Pacific, its great that he’s using the potty though.. does he have a snuggle toy or dummy for bedtime?

Nuala sat on the potty HURRAH!! Lol! She didn’t pee or poop though but she sat on it twice in hope of a wee & she said ‘finished’ lol! Which is good as we’re moving in the right direction :) She got so upset she didn’t want the nappy on & moaned about sitting but then suddenly did it! Woop!

Gigs, I wanna say that one of them has children from a previous relationship.
So I am not missing something here and weirded out by it..
Apparently I fell asleep while typing so shall add to this post.

Cb, hurrah for trying out the potty. That's a good start!

I'll be damned, E woke up at 530 and that is a first, he was ok testing for a while and then fell asleep again. Since L didn't fall asleep until 10 pm yesterday, he slept until 730, so that was our saving grace..

Hope Logan isn’t too stroppy today for you Pacific. Is that E’s first long night slept through?

Cb, I honestly couldn't tell you... We co-sleep and my brain just automatically reaches for baby when he makes a noise and feeds him. Most of the time I don't even fully wake up for it and therefore don't have a clear recollection of what happened during the night. Based on the longer naps he's taking during the day, I'd guess he takes 5-6hour stretches at night too.

In good news, L started bringing his own pee to the bathroom toilet today and I get relief from feeling like a chamber maid, just have to make sure he actually peed before he carries it off so I can reward after.
No idea what sparked his own interest in bringing his pee away and flushing

Shae thank you. Not sure about focusing on specific muscles on certain days. I was using gym to lose weight so I did cardio, weights and cardio days without focusing on a particular area.

Jez I know. It's horrible how early US moms have to go back. It really puts a damper on BFing. It technically is unpaid. I had to use my medical leave hours (1 week) and vacation hours (i think I had 100 hrs). If you have a shirt term disability policy you can get money from that. I had one with 2 week wait period then paid weekly x4 weeks for V delivery at 60% your normal pay. It would be 6 weeks for a C section. I saved up money to help make up for lost income

She drank 1/2 to 1 oz in those 6 hours. Sitter thought the bottle nipple was too long for her and recommended playtex bottle. I bought the ventaire and some petite nipples. More on that in my update. Also I'm thinking babies eventually cave. I mean surely they will...

CB thank you. Yes I'm glad she did alright other than barely eating and not napping. I know it'll take time. Well I hope she'll accept both as I probably wouldn't be able to keep up with ep. I was really thankful they have a Ronald McDonald house there but even more thankful we didn't have to utilize it. It's a blessing for many families.

Pacific wow poor baby. Moving should be encouraged for sure and popping a pacifier in so much will make it harder for baby to wean off it. I loved a pacifier but really only used as a sleep aid and to comfort after shots. S is pretty resistance to pacifiers sadly.

Yay for L bringing his waste to the bathroom. He's doing awesome!!

Gigs sorry he's sleeping poorly. Milestones and teething can certainly disrupt sleep. S hasn't slept as well because of her cold.

AFM Bought playtex bottles with petite nipples. She latches on and will actively suck for a brief time. I actually managed to get her to take 1/2 oz. I used a different formula too. I'm hoping she will do better tomorrow for sitter. She'll only be there 4.5 hours.

I'm considering sleep training her so I can stop bedsharing. I just really want her to get adjusted to sleeping on her own and I want the bed back for DH and I. I'll wait until she's over the cold though. I think it's going to be rough and would prefer to do before I return to work. I'll absolutely feed her if she wakes hungry but she needs to sleep independently.

I'm getting quite sad I return in just under 2weeks.

PL yeah that’s odd, I can see them being scared of the baby rolling over and getting hurt but putting a pacifier in at any noise too makes it seem like a pattern of behavior that is concerning. I’d be weirded out by it too.

Flueks fx’d the new bottles will work tomorrow!

AFM, brought little sister fishing with SO for the first time. She caught her first fish! We kept catching babies though so they all got thrown back. Since getting home from fishing I’ve been feeling very nauseous and heavy headed and dizzy so that’s super fun. I’ve also been getting easily overheated today and yesterday (no fever though). Noticed a bit of EWCM finally, my O is already late, hopefully it’ll happen soon. It’s possible my symptoms are from a hormone surge. We’ll see what my temp is in the AM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->