General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Shae, lol those terms sound familiar, but like I said: I have no clue, however have heard success stories with cbd oils. Make sure to research the company you buy from and ask for their research on their own product and breakdowns/analysis. A lot of the newer ones that are popping up (as it becomes legal) have no idea what they actually are selling. That is my knowledge so far ;)

I haven’t known anyone whos had experience with CBD.. :-/ i hope it helps somewhat for you though Gigs :hugs:

Oooh i wonder if Kittys period stayed away still? I bet shes eager to test if so lol

MrsGreen i hope all is going well with new bubba & his a Jaundice has gone <3

Ive been Googling typical sleep patterns for napping as Hayden is just terrible now, regression development leaps my arse! I need sleep lol! It seems he could be having too much sleep so im going to try a diff nap routine today, first nap 830-9ish for an hour - 1.5hrs & then the longer one in the afternoon, “apparently” when the morning nap is too long it makes them less tired for the afternoon one & then because they wont nap for long it makes them so tired until bedtime that they wont have a mini nap & overtiredness kicks in & then they will wake throughout the night! Fx something works.. he just seems too awake at night now & grumps alot throughout the day until his naps so its def tiredness pfffft!

Cb good luck, let us know how it goes. I feel like i have that issue sometimes (too long a morning nap).

Verdict still out on cbd oil...i feel less anxious but feel like my brain is misfiring. It's hard to explain...and that feeling could just be a build up of sleep deprivation. Who even knows anymore. I just feel broken but I also feel like I'm not giving myself enough slack for all the physical and emotional stuff I've been through...I mean it occurred to me recently that in the past 3 years I've been pregnant more than I haven't been, then had pretty a rough birth experience just over 2 years ago, followed by another surgery birth just a couple months ago...and followed by pretty bad sleep deprivation...so maybe I'm just not back to normal yet and that may take some time still....?

Which reminds me did I tell yall I jave permanent (ok maybe it's semi permanent, time will tell) bruising on my "fupa" from this last birth? I learned the hard way that that is a thing.

Well first day trying the diff routine kinda went abit wonky with times etc as he was awake soooo early in the morning & it threw him all out but yesterday he had an hr in the morning & a 2hr 45min min in the afternoon & a 30 min one about 5:45 as he was sooooo moany, i then gave him some fruity puree & his last bottle at 7.. BUT.. he only woke twice last night instead of like every hour! Im sure he wouldn’t of woken up tbh had SO not stumbled into the bedroom at 2:30 & banged into the Cot ffs! Il try it again today & see how tonight goes.. watch this space lol!

It def takes some time to adjust after having 2 babies in such a short space if time, thinking how long it takes for the body to get all big & pg & all the organs moved about & get back into place & to do it all again plus we don’t sleep great when pg either! I wonder if you & hubs could arrange an evening out & mil or any family have the boys overnight for you? Give u guys a well deserved break & catch up on some sleep maybe?! Or just the younger 2 boys as im sure Des sleeps in a lil bit in the morning :) Ouch to bruising.. does it hurt? Or just funky skin colouring? After i had Riley i looked like my bits had been kicked right at the top of my ‘peach’ lol! All from them tugging the skin & being stitched from csection

I have got a mini summer cold, poor Rileys got it aswell as Hayfever & puffy eyes this morning, hes staying off school today..

It's just discolored, no pain. Hoping it fades over time.

Thanks, I absolutely need reassurance that this could all just be totally normal. My brain just spirals out of control and goes to worse case scenario...I haven't battled anxiety this bad in some time...all amplified by lack of sleep. And then ladt night insomnia kicked in...i just could not fall asleep, or I'd fall asleep for a couple minutes and jerk out of it...I'm just a mess and have no idea what to do. I think I'm going to try and get in a good workout tonight. Nice exhaustive workouts are supposed to be beneficial.

Anoyingly the boys were about to have synced naps when Lev screamed on his way to his bed and woke up Myles.

OH YAY HE PASSED BACK OUT! Praise God!

Gigs it sounds normal that you’re taking a while to adjust. You just made 2 humans in a couple of years. That takes a toll. And sleep deprivation can be worse than being drunk. If you’re concerned though, you can always talk to your doctor, or your therapist if you have one. But I think it’s normal.

Still no sustained temp rise so that’s super fun (not). I woke up at midnight from a *cough* very sexual dream (slightly horrified that my brain thought it up) and now I’m super nauseous and want to go back to sleep but feel too sick. Hoping it’s hormones, but I’ve been hoping things were hormones for 2 weeks now. So I’m trying not to get my hopes up (failing a bit). Maybe I just will have an anovulatory cycle, who knows? I’ve been getting fertile CM for ages now so idk. I miss my regular ovulation from the first few months on kyleena.

Did the workout help exhaust you to sleep Gigs?

Lol Shae @ naughty dream ;) Was your SO not with you? You couldve jumped him lol! Whenever i have saucy dreams i always want to get jiggy when i wake up :haha:

I wonder have u Googled the iud/coil your on for reviews? It could be quite common what your experiencing with your cycle.. how long would u give it before trying another one? Would u not consider the implant or injection?

CB no SO wasn’t with me unfortunately. I haven’t specifically googled reviews, but irregular cycles are common on IUDs. I’m just disappointed cuz the first few cycles gave me a false sense that they’d be normal. I’m gonna stick with it because I react kinda bleh to hormones and any other method would be systemic hormones which would make my side effects worse.

Temp went up but that’s happened twice before this cycle only to go back down so we’ll see.

Gigs, I hope you are feeling better. Nothing worse then feeling anxious and exhausted. Did the work out help?

We spent the weekend away at a ski resort for a wedding. Kids were decent although L takes a bit more "management" when he gets tired.
Potty training could be going better. We introduced the big toilet and he doesn't like it. He's told us a few times "pipi drop in the pants" because his little potty was unavailable this weekend and ran out of pull ups.. so in the grocery store doing our biweekly big trip after the wedding in the big city: L sits in the shopping cart and I hear this splatter sound (the stereotypical sounds of water breaking in movies) and my kid peed again. Literally this huge pee just dropped out of his pants and went splash on the floor.
It doesn't have to be said: but I had to ask for a mop at the store, break into the box of pull-ups before paying for them and buying him new pants in the next store. At that point we were still hours until the next ferry home and we had run out of dry non smelling pants. Potty training didn't go so well ...

Gigs no advice just :hugs: I’m sorry you’re going through a rough time mama!

Shae, I didn’t think you were meant to ovulate with an IUD anyway?

Pacific glad you had a good weekend despite a few accidents, potty training with eves also isn’t going well, she knows when she needs to go, and we can tell when she needs to go but she’s far too interested in wiping to actually pee so still just waits for the nappy to go on :rofl:

As for me, NOT pregnant, still no proper period but our holiday was lovely haha!

PL yikes sorry about the mess at the store. Hopefully things start going better with potty training. :hugs:

Kitty the IUD can stop ovulation but not for everyone. It’s not it’s primary action. I’ve always ovulated on the IUD. Last month I finally ovulated on CD32 or something like that, so I’m just having delayed ovulation this and last cycle.

Fair enough shae! Im definitely not getting it then after no.2 then :rofl: hubby will have to have the snip!

Kitty it’s still very effective, but if birth control that allows you to ovulate has failed for you in the past then it makes sense to avoid it (idk if it has). Or if still having cycles is crappy for you, there’s that. It also increases your risk of ovarian cysts so if that’s already an issue you’ll want to avoid it (I know a few ladies on here have PCOS but I can’t remember if you’ve ever had that issue). I know I’ve had it happen at least once, just caused some pain during sex but went away on its own pretty quickly cuz I only had the pain during one session lol

Potty training was going ok until dh introduced the big toilet to a new level this weekend, that's when it took a dive. (I thought it was too early, but shut my mouth in the hopes that my mom intuition was wrong)I went back to the old routine today, reinforced the usual way and DH is gone for 36 hours. I have learned that DH likes to jump the gun on stuff like that.

Totally my fault, parenting fail.

Potty training was going ok until dh introduced the big toilet to a new level this weekend, that's when it took a dive. (I thought it was too early, but shut my mouth in the hopes that my mom intuition was wrong)I went back to the old routine today, reinforced the usual way and DH is gone for 36 hours. I have learned that DH likes to jump the gun on stuff like that.

Totally my fault, parenting fail.

Does having a potty actually help then? Because we’re trying to skip potties all together and were just going straight for the big toilet :shrug:

A hates the big toilet. He loooves his mini me toilet. He still doesn’t know when he has to go so any potty success has been pure luck

Pl sorry hubs jumped the gunZ. Hopefully a short lived set back

Kitty sorry to hear af is mia and test was neg :(

Pretty gl house hunting! Hopefully things keep rolling

Gigs hugs I feel you

CB not gonna lie I forgot what’s happening in your life but hi!

Greenie hope all is just lovely!

Shae sorry your iud is still giving you grief :(. Yay for hair though. I want to do something with mine but too scaredy cat lol

Sorry summer school is hard! Wtf I taught summer school before in my old district but we capped our rotations at 16. I have 25 in three! Working 8-12:45 with a 15 minute break plus I have to micromanage 2 high schoolers. Ffs!!!! More exhausting than regular school. 3.5 weeks

Been so busy I just outsourced A’s birthday to his gym. They do everything. I just need to bring a cake and show up. One hour of instructor led gym play, free play, and cake time. They do all the set up and clean up. Super hero theme. They make a banner with his pictures. Do my invitations. Do the goodie bags. I’m just done lol I can’t function I’m so tired

CB - I think I'd probably be referring to him as Matthew, since it already only 2 syllables. I wouldn't be opposed to Matty on occasion, but Matt just sounds boring.
Also gonna keep my FX that you find a sleep schedule that works for Hayden.

Gigs - Honesly, I can't really think of any B names that I like, so I doubt it'll be a trend. I'm kinda thinking SO was just joking cuz he brought up the name Bailey too, but I know his aunt owned a dog named Ben and his uncle had a dog named Bailey. Plus, he says he thinks of Bailey as a girls name anyway. If he was serious though, I may be able to live with Benjamin, but the first things that come to mind are Gentle Ben, Benji (the dog), Benji Madden, and Benjamin Button. lol
That sucks about the boys getting sick. Hoping Lev gets better soon.

PL - One day, when L is fully potty trained, you'll look back on that whole incident and laugh. lol

Dobby - That sounds like a pretty sweet deal. And sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Hope the party goes well and you get some rest soon.

AFM, I had my make up scan today. I thought the tech was just gonna get pics of the spine and then hopefully give me a few profile shots, but she pretty much did the whole scan again and had the screen tilted, so I got to see everything. And she pointed a bunch of stuff out. She also confirmed again that it was a boy and sent me home with 8 pics. So awesome!
As for the house hunting, we met with the realtors on Sunday morning. We discussed a lot of stuff. They suggested pricing SO's condo aggressively and said we could totally start looking for a place before it's even on the market, we just need to meet with a mortgage broker and find out how much we'll be approved for. The paperwork I need to gather shouldn't be too difficult, but they recommended SO provide his last 2 notice of assessments, but he never filed his taxes for those years, so he has a lot of work ahead of him. And I doubt he's contacted anyone to help him. But it is the long weekend coming up and we'll be out of town for 5 days, so I guess there isn't really much time to get things going before then anyway. At least with realtors involved, there are more people to hold his feet to the fire and I don't turn into a nag. It was also suggested we clear out the condo as much as possible, just leave a couch, bed, desk, TV and stand. So, it's looking like we'll have to get a storage locker and SO will move in with me for a bit. I'll let you know how this all pans out though.
And I'm feeling movements more and more each day and he's apparently 602g (1lb 5oz). :)

IMG_20190625_1914534b.jpg IMG_20190625_1915339.jpg IMG_20190625_1915457.jpg IMG_20190625_1916299.jpg IMG_20190625_1916047.jpg

Last edited:
Awww Pretty lovely pics there :) Is the last pic a foot? I love those ones hehe! Glad u had a really nice 2nd scan experience! I agree that Matt is boring lol but Matthew is a lovely name <3

Fx Shae that this is your Ovulation, are all iud’s single hormone or combined? Or maybe on this particular iud Ovulation might end up being phased out :-/

Kitty glad u had lovely holiday hun, do u have a nice glowy tan? ;) Sorry not pg hun.. im guessing you tested already? Maybe a trip to drs for some bloods for hormone check etc.. ha at least Evie is attempting to sit on the potty, no luck here with Nuala yet uhh although when she did randomly sit on it the other week she said ‘done’ but didn’t wee until nappy went back on lol!

Pacific lol! Sorry.. def not a parenting fail there & my SO is the same but he wont clear it up after either! Kinda wants to try to run before walking fast! Im sure Logan will click back into the routine quick enough :)

Dobby lol! Thats ok.. not alot going on here apart from a crappy sleeping baby ha ha! No doubt that ‘A’ will love his Birthday party, do they have all that indoor soft play stuff aswell there? I have to say, i find hosting kids/baby parties stressy as f$*****k!! After Rileys 1st Birthday i swore id never do it again haha! For what u pay to have one at a hall or play centre etc & have all provided, & you dont neee to clear up, yes please! His birthday is July isnt it?

Rileys Sports day is tomorrow & his year group is the afternoon 1:30-3pm! First year il actually Be able to go as im on Mat leave & i only have Hayden with me, if Nuala was there too, she be trying to join in haha!

Dobs yikes summer school sounds rough. I bet it’s hard cuz they don’t wanna be there during summer even more than they don’t wanna be there during the regular school year. Sounds like wrangling toddlers with hormones. Nothing wrong with outsourcing the party planning.

Pretty my fish is named Benji lol. Adorable ultrasound pics! Glad they let you see this time and you got pics to take home. Just a note though, your full name is on the pics you posted, idk if you wanna keep that up?

PL ah, mom instincts tend to be correct.

CB all IUDs are either single hormone (progesterone) or hormone free (copper). No estrogen in IUDs. The hormones are supposed to release a lot at the beginning and gradually decrease so idk but it’s always possible my body is phasing out the ovulation I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->