General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Kitty YAY! I’m so happy for you! Pretty sure the scan was inaccurate last week, sounds like baby is growing perfectly!

My cycles are pissing me off ugh, I wish there was a birth control that gave me regular cycles without me puking. I thought I had ovulated on CD19 cuz of spotting (I put a fake opk result in FF based on that assumption), but based on that, I’m 16 dpo and a test at 13 dpo was negative. I spotted again on CD28, I thought I was having a short luteal phase but it only was that day, it stopped. So now I’m confused about when I ovulated. I had a low firm cervix at CD28 so it would be odd if that was O day. It’s so goddamn frustrating that they don’t have non-condom options that are highly effective plus allow for regular cycles. I’m emotional right now though so I’m just being whiny. I know it’s my own fault for not temping, I just have a roommate so I can’t do vaginal temps, it seems weird, and I can’t have my special alarm that’s me yelling at myself to take my temp cuz that’s weird too. Idk. I need a nap.

Lol love how right after I post that I get night sweats which usually indicates my progesterone dropping. Hahahahaha I am unamused with my body

Kitty - Good to hear you're feeling like shit, I guess. lol And that the baby seems to be progressing well.

Flueky - FX you get the job with more flexibility. And good to hear the girls are doing well.

shae - I seriously don't know much about my cycle comared to you. The only thing I've learned in the last little while is that EWCM means O. lol. Hopefully you can find a method that works well for you, but doesn't make you feel like crap.

AFM, still no baby. I had a MW appt today. She checked me and said I am 0cm dilated, my cervix is partly soft and the soft portion will open a little, but the rest of it is still closed and hard and high. And the head is at -3. So, I'm basically nowhere near ready to deliver. I had Alex 2 days early and I'm about to be in uncharted territory as I'll be overdue at midnight. I'm still working, but I've said my absolute final day will be this Friday the 25th. And then it seems like I'll just be hanging out at home, waiting for things to start. I'm super worried cuz Alex already has a young cousin whose BDay is the 27th and I'm big into Halloween, so I don't wanna be "incapacitated" on that day by either being freshly postpartum, or in actual labour. And I've mentally resigned myself to having an October baby. I'm pretty pissed that my POS body is failing me yet again. Just be ready and let me birth my baby ASAP. Otherwise, our health stats are still ok. And SO has now shot me down twice when I've tried to DTD with him. :/

Last edited:
Pretty I’m sorry you’re going overdue :( have you started trying methods to induce labor naturally? I haven’t done extensive research on it but apparently evening primrose oil can help dilate and soften your cervix. I read that sniffing jasmine and clary sage essential oils can help cause contractions but I don’t know if that’s just anecdotal. Pedicures can also help due to the foot massage, there’s a pressure point that can trigger contractions. Oh, and nipple stimulation. To be fair, sometimes these will just cause a few contractions rather than start true labor, but if you’re desperate, it’s worth a shot. Whatever you decide to do (or not do), I hope your cervix starts dilating and baby drops soon so you can give birth in the next few days and be ready for Halloween!

Shae I agree. I’m sorry and I hope you find a better solution long run :(.

Pretty baby may be waiting? I’ve had a scary amount of teachers go into labor the day after their last day. Like may be psychological. In any case, the longer he bakes the better? But probably no fun for you. So excited to log in and see a baby update! Also part of me wants you to have a Halloween baby cuz that just seems right up your alley ;)

Now I’m thinking maybe I haven’t ovulated at all yet, because my CM has been EW for days now and my cervix is a bit higher today. Jesus Christ I hate weird long cycles :rofl: idk, we’ll find out eventually.

ETA: never mind it’s back to low so idek, I hate my body

Last edited:
Pretty sorry baby is not cooperating. On a positive not your body can prepare/change quickly so. Midwife at my OB office recommended EPO. I took it three times a day. It supposed to help soften your cervix. Maybe some squats??? I'm sorry, I know end of pregnancy is miserable, I can't imagine overdue.

Shae sorry for wacky cycles. I still haven't got mine back. I'm thinking I might be lucky and not get it until I'm completely done BFing.

More bleeding but this time they won’t scan me until Saturday, really freaking out and I have 3 days to wait and work in between. I don’t want to lose our little baby, it took so long to conceive (had to take meds to even ovulate) I just don’t know what to do. I know I’ve seen baby twice already both times with a heartbeat but I can’t take all this stress...

More bleeding but this time they won’t scan me until Saturday, really freaking out and I have 3 days to wait and work in between. I don’t want to lose our little baby, it took so long to conceive (had to take meds to even ovulate) I just don’t know what to do. I know I’ve seen baby twice already both times with a heartbeat but I can’t take all this stress...

Kit, my bestie had 2 mcs before conceiving her now 3yr old son. She is now pregnant and had spotting which turned into bleeding up to around 10 weeks. She had lots of early scans as was naturally nervous, they didn’t show any problems and HB etc. It was until she got to about 10w they saw a ‘subchorionic hematoma’ which was the cause for the bleeding. She’s now 26w with a healthy baby girl. I know it must be so scary being pregnant after losses. You’ve seen the HB, and there are a lot of perfectly normal explanations for spotting in 1st tri. Hope you’re ok, xx

Kit it may just be sch. I had it with V, I didn't spot with mine but it's common to spot with sch. Try to remain positive for now and I'll be thinking of you are little peanut. I'm sorry you have to wait until Saturday though

Big hugs Kit. How are you feeling now? I’ve also had friends bleed throughout their pregnancy. Hopefully your scan tomorrow goes well

Pretty thinking about you as well.

Big hugs Kit. How are you feeling now? I’ve also had friends bleed throughout their pregnancy. Hopefully your scan tomorrow goes well

Pretty thinking about you as well.

bit nervous for tomorrow, Lewis can’t get the day off but luckily MIL said she can come which helps as I was nervous to go alone. I still don’t feel wonderful so FX bubs is hanging on, still get the occasional brown spotting on wiping but it’s so much better than it was a few days ago! Hoping for an easy rest of my pregnancy!

thank you everyone for your comments and support, we have seen a heartbeat at 8 weeks which is so so promising and I’m clinging on to that hope, maybe if all goes well I’ll have another picture to hang on the fridge!

Kitty fx’d for a good scan tomorrow! I’m pretty optimistic, I think your lil tater tot is all safe and cozied up in there!

Hi little bean! Glad everything is still looking good. Sorry they don’t know what is causing the bleeding.

Hey Kitty I’m so glad all is well with little bean. I had bleeding in first tri too and it drove me around the bend. It seemed like every time I’d go for a scan and feel reassured, I’d start bleeding again directly after. Thankfully it stopped in second tri. They didn’t say what it was but figured it was a sensitive cervix.

Pretty can’t wait to keep checking in to hear about labour! I know first hand how much it sucks going overdue. It’s safe to say I was a mess in many ways. I ended up taking the first induction date they offered despite having been very against it prior (I also did the hypnobirthing course).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->