General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

You'd make a good Ginni, Shae. S was Snow White and V was Belle. I dressed as Maleficent. Pics later.

We didn’t do anything, Evie doesn’t understand so decided not to go out this year, might do next year though!

Hey everyone. Sorry it took so long for this reply. Ya know, mother of 2 life. lol

So, ya, I started having contractions at 3am and their frequency varied depending on if I was standing or laying down. But I don't think I went for more than like 12 mins without having one for the whole labour. I kept my 1:15pm MW appt and was told I was 3-4cm. With Alex, it took me 19 hours to get to that point. This time, it took 10. She told us to go back to my place and she'd meet us there shortly. She checked me again at 4:30 and said I was pretty much 6cm. She could stretch me to almost 8cm, but it wouldn't stay stretched. And 100% effaced. I can't remember the exact time, but it probably wasn't too long after that I started using the gas and it was so awesome. She checked me again around 8-ish and I was about 7-8cm. She said that if she broke my water, it would probably help me progress to 10cm, but if the fluid wasn't clear, we'd definitely have to go to the hospital. I said I'd take that risk and the fluid was still clear, thank God. She broke my water at 9:30 and I ended up on my knees, holding onto SO as he sat on the couch. I was still using the gas and really felt the urge to push. I don't think he was crowning yet when they suggested I'd maybe do better on my back on the couch. So, I moved there and continued pushing and he was out 23 mins after my water being broken. Looking back at the video, I know I wasn't using the gas anymore once he started coming out. I can't remember if I was using it again to deliver the placenta, but I definitely did when she was checking me for tearing. I had a 2nd degree tear again and did get a handful of stitches. So, that's my story. I'm definitely proud of myself for what I did. Jury's still out on how I feel for needing the gas, but I did do the major pushing without it.

So far, he's not the best at sleeping at night/by himself, but he did just do a 4 hour stretch alone in his bassinet last night, so hopefully he'll just get better from there. Alex is very slowly warming up to him, but still not quite sure what to make of him. We'll get there though. And SO said to me (sorta jokingly) a few days ago "so, that was super traumatic and you don't wanna do that again, right?" and I said "well, they have these really great drugs at the hospital." and he goes "what? so, you do it naturally once and then you're done?" But anyway, as it stands, I think I'd be leaning more towards a home birth again for #3. I'm healing better and quicker than the first time and I know that the pain doesn't last forever.

Kitty - My first took 27 hours, but I was helped along with pitocin and an epi for 8 of those hours. Second took 19 hours with no drugs.

shae - Alex was Leo from TMNT and Matthew was a skeleton, the exact same costume my nephew wore 7 years earlier. :)

Also, thank you so much everyone for your well wishes and congrats. I'll post some more pics, but it'll probably take me a few posts to share everything. lol

IMG_20191028_182703.jpg IMG_20191028_202720.jpg IMG_20191028_214857.jpg IMG_20191028_222019.jpg IMG_20191028_223654.jpg

Halloween was a bust over here. A had a meltdown after one house. It really sucks and I know people say don’t compare kids. Obviously I love my kid the way he is and I’d never change him nor do I regret him, but sometimes I just really can’t handle the ASD or the delays in everything.

But his futbol skills are on the up and up still so no complaints there.

He was Toothless and I wore a mother of dragons shirt.

In other news I officially have a crush on his gym teacher lol

Pretty wonderful story. Sorry for tearing. Also, I'm jealous that gas isn't an option for me and possibly the rest of the US. I love the pics of your Halloween costumes. S wouldn't sleep by herself until I sleep trained just after 4 months . I loved and hated it all the same. Love the sweet cuddles but she would hardly let me do anything but hold her (asleep or awake)

Dobby sorry Halloween was a bust. We just stopped ny grandparents as itt was 40 sone degrees and raining. Oh and tornado warnings.... lovely.

Flueks they don’t allow gas in the US? Or just not at home?

Dobs, sorry halloween was a bust. Any pics of you together though?

Love all these cute Halloween photos. Pretty, such a cute baby skeleton you have there :D

Here are Tilly and me. DAE8EA85-7A02-407E-8700-216BD380CC45.jpeg 9D03D4A7-AF76-4328-AA51-5F53F0268B00.jpeg

Jez, is gas just oxygen or is it something else? The only "gas" I know is "laughing gas" which I've only really heard of just being used for dental procedures. Tilly is so cute in her costume and you too!

Jez, is gas just oxygen or is it something else? The only "gas" I know is "laughing gas" which I've only really heard of just being used for dental procedures. Tilly is so cute in her costume and you too!

Yeh it’s the same thing, it’s bedside at every labour and what the midwives prefer you to use! Annoyingly I couldn’t get it to work, Lewis could work it but every time I took a breathe through it no matter how hard I tried I couldn’t activate the thing so I never actually got any!

Okay then yes oxygen is definitely available for hospital birthing. Home births aren't done in my region to my knowledge so not sure if it's available.

I for some reason imagined gas as something for pain relief :rofl: so not really jealous now, pretty.

Okay then yes oxygen is definitely available for hospital birthing. Home births aren't done in my region to my knowledge so not sure if it's available.

I for some reason imagined gas as something for pain relief :rofl: so not really jealous now, pretty.
Sorry, It is a pain relief, it’s laughing gas, I had it when I dislocated my hip years ago, it’s pretty good, I just couldn’t get it to work during labour!

Flueks it’s nitrous oxide, many US hospitals are starting to offer it on labor units now. The hospital I had my OB clinical in offered nitrous. It’s 50-50 oxygen and nitrogen, which I think is a different proportion than the dental work one. I definitely want a hospital that offers it because it’s the only pain relief I’d be okay with, since I want a mostly natural birth.

Shae and kitty thank you for clarification. I'm sure it'll come to my region in US eventually but my region tends to be a bit behind times in most things. It would have been nice to have something for pain relief with S. I had absolutely nothing for labor or delivery with her. The breathing techniques helped tremendously and thank goodness she was a small baby.

Hi ladies

Sorry been MIA, me & SO been going through a real s**t time, getting better i hope but it kind of consumes you so ive not been on my phone an awful lot..

Ive grazed through the last 3/4 pages, apologies..

Ahhhhh Pretty huuuuuge congratulations Mumma <3 wow 10lbs u super gal! He’s completely gorgeous hun xx loving all the pics :)

Kitty i hope your feeling ok & your bleeding has now stopped?! I wonder if they couldn’t detect the reason for the bleeding, did they do a speculum & check your cervix? When i was bleeding at 32wks they checked mine & cervix was closed but i had blisters on my cervix due to hormone changes, its very common & they burst & more bleeding with it when aggravated eg Sex etc.. after that me & SO only had pull out sex lol! Hope your yukkiness has started easing off

Hayden is now officially Crawling but super slow, like a Sloth :haha:

I did. We had a few pre halloween events so I got him in his costume. We had a festival at daycare, a party at his gym, and a festival at my job. His fall photos at school are to die for. I’ll share those when I get the actual files. I decided I had about a $50 budget for costumes, but once I saw Toothless I blew it all on him. Then Target had the MoD shirt on sale a week before Halloween so I got to wear that to our gym party. The staff was amused haha

Love everyone’s pictures!

EFE54C21-2D94-43EF-B916-D244B7CF7569.jpeg 893F9CC4-4CC1-499C-997A-46778D9FEE3F.jpeg 57E0A0A6-5B90-4CBA-8467-E87926A775F4.jpeg

Thanks Clairey, still feel like crap, vomiting at work and home and I’m fed up now. Can’t afford the time off either with it coming up to Christmas, managing to keep more down than I was but not enough to properly sustain me! Bleeding has stopped now and fx for good, they did speculum the first time but not the second, no clues as to why but whatever, baby is okay, hopefully nothing too dramatic in the next 2 weeks before my scan.

dobs he is so adorable and I LOVE that costume!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->