General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

I’ve never done the bold thing. The most bold I did was paint A’s room blue :rofl: So not my area. And take my opinion with a grain of salt. I like the two colors independently. I’m not a fan together just because both are so dark. But idk. I’d have to see the finished product. Like I said this is so not my realm lol

I decided to paint the tiny downstairs Toilet instead, a lot less work and if I don’t like it It’s less work to change it again :rofl:

ofcourse I ran out of masking tape though so couldn’t finish round the skirting board (plus it needs a second coat) but I think it’s quite funky!

41B4A5B6-3AE1-407B-8C23-7BE9646942A0.jpeg

Kitty it’s very fun, I would say with that tile to go more blue than teal, but I like the teal in the bathroom you did for a bold. I’m personally a fan of neutrals in houses (like white, ivory, light grey and very very light colors like near white blue etc) but if you’re gonna go bold I love the color teal, teals and aquas are my favorite colors in general!

Also regarding bras I have realized in other bras like my Demi and bralettes that they are a little too small in the cup, dang. The thing in the middle is definitely not flat against my chest. It’s gonna take forever for the new tester one to arrive though because aerie has shipping delays due to COVID.

I like the teal in the room that you've painted. We used a not as bold teal for our den with the adjacent walls a muted brown color.

Dobby sorry for pain. I hope PT helps.

Pretty that opk looks positive. Not sure if being expired would effect that or not. I'm not sure if I Od before my 1st pp AF. I didn't notice signs and my bleeding was super light, lasting less than 24 hours. That was at almost 11 months pp. Good luck!

kitty - Looks good. Would you consider getting a stencil to do an accent wall? Just to break up the colour a little. Just out of curiousity. Still looks like it turned out well either way. :)

1400956954483.jpeg

Flueky - Thanks. It'll be what it'll be. lol

Keeps...oh dear. You are definitely pregnant, honey. I got pregnant the first time on the regular pill. That ended in a missed miscarriage, but yeah, it definitely happens. Does your new fella know yet? Hugs to you.

Kitty- I like that teal! It is bold and fun. I'm gearing up to pain the girls' room two different shades of purple. It'll be obnoxious and girly. Ugghhh

Flueks- Congrats on girl #3! How do you feel about 3 daughters? I think it's awesome for them...to grow up as sisters, and having that strong female support system in their lives.

Thanks everyone. I'm doing a lot better. It hurts now but mostly because I'm at work packing up my classroom against my will/ against doctor's orders. But I should be done today. :)

I hope everyone else is doing well!

AFM finally got my period and I think my hormones sorted out, so I'm not nearly as maniac or anxious. I still plan on doing my therapy next week, but I hope now that work is over I can just go back to focusing on myself and A.

Doing a backyard graduation for my brothers this weekend. I don't think they're expecting what I have in mind. I did a short video present for the one who graduated already (semester system), and he cried. And I'm like that's NOTHING compared to my plans for this weekend so bring the tissues lol. I'm trying to mimic the major aspects of an actual graduation, but people have been super unreliable. So hopefully it still plays out the way I want it to because they deserve to have a graduation after all the hard work they did the last four years.

Bra update: I got the 32DDD in the mail and it fits. The band is snug and I definitely think I’d be uncomfortable in a smaller band size so I’m going to stick with the 32. I’m quite annoyed that I’m a DDD and yet my boobs look like a B, C tops :haha:

Dobby - Congrats on getting AF and glad to hear you're feeling better hormonally. I hope your brother's grad goes well. And enjoy the time you'll have to focus on yourself. You deserve it. :)

shae - Yay for a proper fit. :)

AFM, I decided to see how my expired opks compared to the new ones I just got. The bottom one is the new test, the middle one is the expired test, and the top one is an expired one with Alex's pee, cuz I'm weird. lol

Screenshot_20200612-234215~2.png

Lmfao that’s hilarious pretty. Fxed they don’t look too different.

Shae sorry the band is snug and the bras aren’t showing off the girls, but hopefully less aches

Pretty looks like those new ones are thicker than the old ones, that’s nice cuz they tend to be teeny tiny.

Dobs oh it’s not the bra not showing off the girls lol, it’s that my boobs in general just don’t look that big to me. But I do think part of it is my mindset, I’m used to thinking I have small boobs so to me they look small even though they’re not nearly as small as many women. Idk I think it’s partly psychological. And perhaps the shape of them makes them seem smaller to me. Body insecurity makes us see ourselves differently I think. But also my friends have always commented that my boobs are small so that doesn’t help, they’re just joking around but it does kind of affect how you think about yourself.

ANYWAY I hope everyone is doing well and is healthy etc

Bit of a selfish post here.

So, we had a water leak over the weekend. It went for 4 hours in the middle of the night. The culprit? A small plastic portion of the supply pipe to the toilet tank broke. We had fans going for a few days, the parkay floor needed to be removed, it leaked into the basement and we had to cut away carpet there, my treadmill was damaged.

When it comes to getting to floors fixed/redone, between Covid back ups and paperwork and ordering materials, the insurance people said it would probably be a month before work gets started. And the main level and basement need to be totally cleared out (minus the kitchen). So, the plan is to move everything into our new house and garage and, once the work is done, move only my mom's stuff back. Of all the times for all of this to happen, now is probably one of the most opportune, but it still sucks.

Also, Alex is back at daycare now. That is all.

103866486_10157602290303095_8029108525653831875_n.jpg 82297071_10157602290403095_8076188402565249815_n.jpg 104225452_10157602291023095_1855020679675408002_n.jpg 83340332_10157602291138095_5674963940053791491_n.jpg 104325367_10157608142193095_7361429375493705251_n.jpg

Oh gosh pretty that’s awful! I’m so sorry that happened!! Couldn’t be worse timing!

we need our floor replacing too, we only installed it 18 months ago but it’s faulty and cracking and coming away. It’s sharp and Evie has cut herself a few times so we’ve been reduced to masking taping it down. Company are accepting zero responsibility and are claiming we are obviously abused the flooring and it’s our fault not the product ](*,) So we are faced with having to redo the flooring (which cost £50/sqm anyway throughout the ENTIRE bottom floor of our house!) it will cost a fortune and I’m very unhappy, especially because our nearly brand new house now looks awful! :brat:

hopefully they get it done for you ASAP!

Pretty oh geez I’m so sorry that happened! Hopefully with your insurance it won’t be too much!

Kitty how awful! How could you possible abuse wood flooring to the level that it would crack in 18 months?! Honestly if I were you I would blast them all over social media and online reviews, people need to know that their work/product is shoddy and that they won’t accept responsibility for or fix their mistakes! Especially since it’s so shoddy it’s causing bodily harm to a child, however mild.

AFM things are pretty good here in general. I just went to the dentist yesterday (I hadn’t been in years because they stopped auto scheduling me for some reason even though they did with my sister and I kept forgetting to call and schedule lol) and I got an x-ray and discovered my wisdom teeth are impacted and I got referred to an oral surgeon to get them removed :dohh: I haven’t called the surgeon to make an appointment yet but I’ll have to do that soon. I also had to get two fillings, oops lol. Got that done today.
I got my new bras and Lordy I forgot how much new underwires suck, they’re so stiff and uncomfortable :cry: I got one wire free and it’s the best, I may need to buy a bunch of those in the future.

Shae yeah those not so jokey jokes or clear jokes about something that bothers you can definitely get in there. Sorry about the need for surgery :(. Hopefully it goes well and quick and as painless as possible

pretty so sorry! Hopefully you have a good handle on the situation and it wasn’t too pricey.

afm boring life is boring so no complaints here lol

Soooo my good luck ran out. Series of unfortunate events = small kitchen fire. Scary as hell but easy enough to get out and I don’t think damage except trying and failing to get residue off the stove.

A was napping upstairs so minimal smoke got up there. Sent him to my mom’s while I finish airing out the place. I swear I can still smell burnt sugar and plastic.

But I must have been distracted because I slipped down the stairs after checking on him.

all in all counting my blessings as things could have been far worse.9353ADD7-691E-414A-BB04-CC80366F37C6.jpeg8A1235D2-9AAE-45D2-AE59-95A372580CAB.jpeg

Dobs oh my goodness I’m glad you and A are okay! That’s so scary! Sending love and healing for that arm <3

:hugs: Yeah at first it was just loads of smoke but when I went to grab the sugar container the bottom had melted through so all the sugar flew out and instantly caught fire. The kitchen was glowing and I was panicking because I remembered you can’t throw water on certain flames but I forgot which, so I’m staring at the sink thinking what the duck do I do and the flames kept getting bigger. I tried to snuff it but that didn’t work and just made it angry lol. So I went with water with a good old aim, toss, and duck. Thankfully my aim was good :rofl: but I couldn’t breathe, in movies people run through buildings so I thought I had time but it was instantly in my throat and lungs and just choking. And the alarm is going off fire fire fire like no shit alarm at least I know you work a minute after the fire is raging. Thank god for the large patio door to let the smoke out. It was so bad I could hear my neighbor choking on it through the shared wall. Crazy times

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->