General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Hope everyone is good! It’s so quiet!

Me ranting feel free to ignore
I told my neighbor’s landlord if his tenant threatens me or breaks HOA bylaws again, I am pressing charges and holding him accountable as well since bylaws state he is responsible for keeping his tenants in line. And for adding f* off, I pushed the dog pen closer to the shared wall. Cuz not my problem. Don’t take your quarantine rage out on me. And I get in his culture he can yell at his wife but I got enough of veiled threats and being yelled at by my ex. So no ty

there’s a house I could afford if my ex paid his child support and it wasn’t covid-y. Definitely not the best house but it’s in my old childhood neighborhood. Much closer to work. Ok safety wise. All SFHs. Great privacy in the backyard despite a shared wall fence. And of course San Diego and Mountain House look better every day. But with the economy I have to stay here where I’m permanent. Temp and prob teachers are the ones at risk of job loss.

but really just popped in to say that I am 2 months sober tomorrow :) technically my last drink was 5/2 but the actual first refused drink was tomorrow. So physical sobriety today but emotional tomorrow

Dobs, congrats on the sober milestone! That's awesome, I am proud of you for being able to say no even with friends strongly suggesting you should.
Dh and I aren't regular drinkers, honestly we have on occasion (on occasion because we are hermits, haha!) Had more fun watching the drunk people then if we had been part of the drunks ;)

Sorry about the asshat neighbor, hope he stays to his side of the fence!! Definitely call the cops if he jumps over

AFM, I am officially trying to loose weight (again I know!) And dh this time is also on a muscle building thing with me (because his stupid man metabolism doesn't actually let him get fat!). 4 lbs down, 20 to go, 3 weeks in. Feeling stronger, I think I have lost more fat, but it's been replaced by muscle which weighs more then fat..
Realized I have been feeling really down, lost almost depressed the last few months about having lost our dog in March. It's not the same without him. With covid19 and everyone wanting a dog right now I can't even find a foster.. been on a waiting list for a puppy since last year however the breeder i had picked at the start of covid19 put a pause on breeding. So that really sent me down a spiral of sadness. Even if she had had a litter of pups I couldn't have gone to pick it up... FML
Anyway, last week, finally good news, she will most likely be breeding on the next cycle so we may have a puppy by Christmas!! Please cross your fingers it works out for us.

Lots of me... Hope everyone else is staying safe and healthy!

PL if he jumps the fence I’ll be calling the cops to pick his dead a** off the floor. My dogs were ready to rip him a new one. He seems to have gotten the point. Life is life and most stuff I don’t report to the HOA, and if A was there in a swimsuit maybe I wouldn’t be so mad about the privacy invasion.

That’s really awesome about the weight loss and muscle building! And so great that you’re both going through it. So much more enjoyable as a household.

:hugs: I’m sorry you haven’t been feeling your best. I’m glad things might work out to get a puppy soon. Fxed for puppy dust

Ty two! It’s been rough haha but if not me for then for A so gotta just keep on keeping on

So I went to the oral surgeon for my consult today. They did a full x-ray and uh my wisdom teeth really said “f this b*tch” when they decided to grow in
B8670F10-44EB-46AC-874A-D06C0549D2AB.jpeg
So yeah my surgery is on Friday.

Unrelated, my poor 16 year old kitty is not doing well, she has an antibiotic resistant infection and ectopic thyroid bits causing hyperthyroidism so she’s lost 2 pounds and she’s barely eating or drinking the past few days. She won’t take the food with her meds in it anymore for the thyroid. I don’t have high expectations at this point. We’re taking her to the vet this afternoon for fluids and the one antibiotic that might work. We’ll treat the infection and see if that helps but I don’t want to make her suffer if it’s her time.

Oh shae :hugs: I’m sorry about the kitty! My cat did this and I hate to say it but the vet recommended we put him down.

bless you for those teeth though! Are you going under general or just using local?

Kitty yeah we’re giving her a few days on these meds but if they don’t help in a few days the vet said it’ll be time to let her go. As for the wisdom teeth, I’m being sedated. They don’t do full general unfortunately.

Kitty yeah we’re giving her a few days on these meds but if they don’t help in a few days the vet said it’ll be time to let her go. As for the wisdom teeth, I’m being sedated. They don’t do full general unfortunately.

they are at such an awful angle, hopefully they sedate you properly and it just feels like a weird dream!

really hoping your kitty gets better xx

Shae fxed for a smooth surgery and recovery. Not sure what we’re looking at X-ray wise other than obviously teeth haha.

sorry to hear about your cat. It’s so tough to be on that decision front. FXed the new medication is a game changer.

big :hugs:

Dobs the circled teeth are my wisdom teeth. They should be straight up and down just like the rest of the teeth, but instead they’re diagonal and pushing into the teeth next to them, rather than coming up/down beside them. There’s not enough room in the jaw for them to straighten out, they’re just gonna keep pushing sideways into the next tooth, so they have to come out.
A3389FAF-ECD8-428E-B59C-5C154B66415B.jpeg

As for the cat, she’s still not eating much despite the meds. We’re going to give her until Monday to show significant improvement, but if she’s still not eating by then it’ll be time to let her go.

Sorry to hear that. I’ll be praying she turns it around this weekend.

Ah I see the teeth now. Hopefully it’s as painless as an be expected. Glad you’re getting it taken care of

Kitty my face looks like I’ve gained 100 lbs in 2 days :rofl: today I have a double chin that jiggles when I walk, which is kinda funny but also hurts a little bit. I’m hopped up on pain meds, they gave me ibuprofen 600 mg and oxycodone/acetaminophen (paracetamol for you Brits) 5/325 aka percocet. Thank god for that one because without a narcotic I’d be miserable. I’ve also thrown in an extra acetaminophen here and there when the meds are wearing off too early. My jaw hurts as is to be expected and I’ve been eating things like pudding and yogurt and mashed avocado and creamed spinach. SO took diligent care of me for the first 24 hours and then had to leave for his grandfather’s birthday and my parents have not exactly kept up his standard of care lol, he was amazing. Now I send him photos of the increasing swelling so he and his family can have a good laugh. I used to look like a chipmunk but now I think I just look obese.
I look like a mess, my hair has been in this ponytail since Friday, and my shirt logo matches the huge face look :rofl:
60332504-276B-432D-AC83-23C5873A0DE6.jpeg

My cat still isn’t eating, we stopped the treatments cuz it felt like we were torturing her and it wasn’t helping, so the antibiotic is still in her system but we stopped the fluid infusions because the needle was huge and it visibly hurt her and we’ve seen her drink water. She doesn’t seem to be the kind of cat who hides when she’s sick which makes it harder for us because she’s still super social and it makes it seem like she’s not ready to go. Her sitting position shows she’s not in pain, which is good. But the vet thinks she is uncomfortable from an empty stomach and that it’s time and she’s still not eating so I think the vet is right. We’re probably going to say goodbye to her in the next couple of days, maybe even tomorrow.

:hugs: I’m glad the surgery went well and that SO did a great job caring for you while he could. Hopefully things get easier.

So sorry. It’s def not an easy choice to make and never feels fully right. Especially if she’s hiding her pain. I am glad you will have this time with her still social and loving before you say goodbye. Big hugs

I’m so sorry about the kitty, it’s always so sad to say goodbye :hugs:

you do look swollen bless you, I’m glad you’ve got enough pain meds though! Xx

My beloved Lady has gone to rest <3 I got to hold her as she fell asleep and I hope she felt safe and comforted in my arms.
Here’s a picture of her sitting on my lap a few months ago during quarantine zoom class.
8D023E6A-FC98-4D63-A50A-5973674AB7D8.jpeg
I miss her dearly.

:hugs: she definitely felt your love. It’s so hard to stay with them, but it is so good for them. I know she appreciates you not just for today but for all that you have done for her.

Sorry for lame reply, but Shae so sorry about your cat and hope swelling is going down.

Dobby congrats on continued sobriety amd hope neighbor is causing any further issues.

Kitty awww those accidents happen. Poor S had a week of mishaps. The worst was bacon grease burn to jaw line and neck. She was a champ though

Okay going to bed. Hope everyone is well

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"