General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Dobby :hugs: take all the time you need.

Shae sorry about AF. It's hard when she shows.

Gigs, I'd be interested in your channel. I may buy, we will see. I've tried to hold off on spending much as all the land/construction work will cost a fair bit.

Our home is supposed to be ready at the start of March. We've nearly got the driveway done
It's 840 ft long and the weather hasn't been the best since we started. Seems to rain or snow by the time the ground dries up. Once that's done we will get started on water/septic and probably the footers. So we will just have to see how weather cooperates and how quickly we get our stuff moved.

Oh and gigs not sure on animals. I do believe we will have a nice garden though. I'd love homegrown tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, potatoes, corn.

We want an area to do some target shooting too. On a funny note we are fairly close to a golf club so we will probably piss some people off I'm happy too the girls will have this big yard to play in and the rd is not a busy road and is only a 35 mph rd. Our old place was around 1.5 acres but the road was 55mph and pretty busy.

Dobs so sorry :hugs: forreal though, don't let any of those unworthy asses get the best of your emotions. And don't stay away too long, I just got back! :p
Anyway a good uplifting TV show and a favorite warm beverage is what I prescribe for you. I hope you feel better soon.

Nice fluek, screw the golfers! LOL! That's part of why we moved far out too, wanted the freedom to do what we wanted on our property. From out last house it was quite a change -- from .14 acres to 9 lol. Do you have any woods on the lot? I don't know if I mentioned it before but Hubs is building a disc golf course through out woods. Consequently, we have a bunch of walking paths now and the kids love it. Eventually I'd like to get a treehouse up somewhere!

HA please do NOT feel obligated to buy anything from me!

Gigs the dress was actually $90 off Amazon :rofl: I put a petticoat with a few hoops underneath (like $20 off amazon) and it made it the perfect length and poof level for me! I might add some tulle off the shoulder straps, not sure. I really like off the shoulder looks. I was definitely suspicious of buying a dress like that from Amazon but the reviews were great so I decided I could always return it if I didn’t like it. I also got a cheap veil off of Amazon. It’s a bit stiff so I need to see if steaming it helps or if I just spend the money for a nicer softer veil. We’ll see. I have plenty of time considering I’m not engaged yet. The only reason I bought the dress was because my mom was like “what if the price goes up like crazy or they stop selling it? Just get it now!”. Until then I was just saving it for future references in my Amazon “save for later” list. I told SO about it (he thought I was nuts lol) but of course I didn’t show it to him. He knows I’m wearing something poofy though, cuz I’ve always told him that I will, it’s a must for me. I had my mom help me put it on and she almost cried once it was on me, she said it looked perfect for me. For now it’s just hung up in a garment bag until it’s time to use it.

Flueks omg that’s my dream, living on several acres and having my own garden! I’m so excited for you, I don’t know how I missed that or maybe just forgot about it.

Are you hiding it for now from future hubby? Does he know you bought it?

y'all i'm really doing my head in with this whole pregnancy scare thing! I've looked back at previous positive cycles and am having similar things, which I did not realize...I may actually test tomorrow, if I can sneak away. Or maybe Thursday. Or maybe this afternoon lol
I'll have to see how many tests I have left under the sink.

Gigs he knows I bought it, but it’s hidden from him, he hasn’t seen it.
Re: testing, you know we always encourage POAS :test: Do you know how many dpo you are?

No woods. It's a nice gentle slope up to the top of the hill and we have a nice mountain view. We will probably plant some trees at the property lines for some privacy but we aren't right up on each other (house wise) like a subdivision. We have never been subdivision people. Nothing wrong with ppl that like that though. Oh that's nice about your own disc golf course :) and lots of walking trails. I haven't checked my notifications, but pm me the link to your page if you haven't already.

I'd say test as long as you have plenty of tests. Do you have an idea on how many dpo you are?

Shae I'm not sure if I posted about on this thread. I know I mentioned it on my pregnancy group but didn't go into much detail. Well I hope you get your dream home and garden one day :)

Sadly I somehow have ONE test under the sink! in a closed box! why on Earth would I buy a single test?!!!! I mean what kind of POASA am I?????!!!
I do have to go to Wallyworld at some point in the near future so I may try to snag a couple extras -- that is if they have them. Last time I contemplated grabbing a test they were sold out. There's been a general shortage of pee sticks there for awhile...not sure if that's everywhere or just locally for whatever reason. Maybe low on sales? I'm not sure they make walmart cheapies anymore, or if they do I don't think my store stocks them anymore.
Yeah I'm 7dpo. Don't know if you all remember but I get super painful ovulation, which sucks at the time but comes with its perks (like knowing exactly what dpo I am).

oooh fluek mountain views!!! Love it! We have mountain views if you walk to the very end of the driveway lol; not much but when I drive toward the city and beyond I do get some very lovely scenery. Wish we could see it from our house! I'd love to see a photo of that if you have one to share.

OMG HOW FREAKING MADDENING. I caved ladies. I caved and used my only test at 7dpo. Yes, I knew it would probably be blank. But what I didn't anticipate was it being blank. Like, totally blank. Like as in the pee didn't go anywhere and no lines showed up at all. Zippo. Nadda. Invalid test. I AM SO NOT AMUSED.

These are from the MLS listing but it doesn't do it justice. My pregnancy brain didn't think of taking pics when we were up top and I haven't been up there lately. I really fell in live with it when we first saw it but DH was hesitant on the price. His patience was a good thing because we got the land for 15,000 less than asking. It's a nice area of the county so it's more costly than some other areas.

If anyone is interested I'm going to put the link up of the home we picked out. We upgraded some things, changed some colors, but this general idea.

Tradition 3268B | Clayton Homes

Oh no on the test being invalid. As for hpts. I had to order frer from Amazon when I got my surprise bfp because Walmart was sold out. I had to get a CB with digi to test the next day. DH didn't believe my faint line of frer was valid.

427d977d9c56d74c1a0f92040c0e51c9l-m2889633125xd-w1020_h770_q80.jpg 427d977d9c56d74c1a0f92040c0e51c9l-m530775684xd-w1020_h770_q80.jpg

Oh wow that looks so beautiful!!! The home link won't work on my phone but I'll check on the computer later.

Ok y'all, 8dpo test processing...photo forthcoming...

Isn't it funny, even in bad circumstances and KNOWING a baby would be a huge kink in plans, you still kind of route for that second line...? :p

(sorry for all the posts) I saw also awhile back that Keeps had gotten pregnant again. Does anyone know what the outcome of that was? Good golly, I don't think I've ever met someone so fertile.

ok fluek, love the home, too! Especially the bedrooms. Really wish we had one more room in this house. We have a couple in the basement but they aren't legal living spaces (no windows), and I don't feel comfortable putting my kids down there anyway until they're much older. I like everyone on the same level. Anywho even the finishings in that house are nice. and omg I ENVY the carpet!!! I really miss having carpet in the main living areas.

are you getting the optional fireplace?

And....well dang.... that view!!!!!!!!!!

Gigs I’m always a bit disappointed by a negative, I was disappointed even in high school when it was an extremely bad time. Relieved too, but still that little pang of sadness. This cycle I was hoping a lot harder because I was off hormonal bc and I didn’t know how effective the diaphragm would be. This negative was a lot more disappointment and a lot less relief, considering I’d be graduated with a job (most likely) by the time I was giving birth. But I know my plan isn’t always the same as God’s plan, and I just have to wait for him to decide it’s time.

I don’t remember what happened with Keeps’ pregnancy. I’m pretty sure it was with a new guy, she dumped her husband for good I believe (good for her if so). Not sure if the pregnancy was viable, if she ended up actually having a baby, etc. She was on the progestin only pill when she got pregnant, I remember that clearly. So yes, very very fertile. I’m a bit jealous :haha:

Gigs, I think it's normal to have that 1% of you to hope for that 2nd line. I had that happen last month when I had weird spotting. It's a bit maddening though like you said. Well fx it does stay bfn for you. When do you think you'll test again?

Thanks we love both! The extra room will be my office so a designated space just for my work will be nice. When we were look at houses and other douvlewides DH was like we only need 2 bathrooms. I was like, "yeah that won't work". I really wanted all the girls to have their own room too so very happy for that. We are getting all the things we wanted. Manufactured homes are a lot nicer too than they used to be. We miss carpet too. The floor where we are at now is tile under concrete. It is hard and no give if you fall. Poor S broke her clavicle cause of this dang floor.

Honestly. I forgot Keeps had gotten pregnant. I'm pretty sure she had found a new guy though.

Well glad to hear she isn't with the old guy anymore. That relationship seemed a bit toxic from what she described...but I'm also not in it, so....

Actually hubs and I did seriously entertain the idea of buying land and getting a pre-fab, but in the end I really wanted something with a basement because we do get tornadoes now and then around here. We did tour a couple Ryan builder lots and went in a bunch of pre-fabs, a couple of which we really liked, but in the end, we ended up with this house. oh no, poor S!!! Yikes, my poor youngest would be screwed, he trips all the time (ok, not all the time, but at least a couple of times a week). He's running around more, despite his skills not being quite there yet, lol. He is very determined to keep up with his older brothers. Anyway, I still want to know if you sprung for the fireplace :p

Shae, yup, me too -- before I even had kid #1, I was hoping it'd happen "on accident". In fact I was hoping to be pregnant when we got married. Little did I know, he's a pull-out pro, lol. But The wedding dress I choose, I actually had in the back of my mind how I wanted it altered if I had to compensate for a baby bump (that was, raise the waist on it so it would be more of an empire waist). I actually remember being in the dressing room and pulling the skirt higher to see how it would look, lol!!! I don't think I've ever told anyone.

And then poor hubs got duped....I convinced him to start ttc after we were married. He said he wasn't quite ready and I assured him it would likely take a few months, plus I'd be pregnant for 9 months, so it'd probably be over a year before we even had a baby.......................and then bam, pregnant on first try, lol! It all worked out in the end but he was definitely not ready. He was SOOOO much better with the second and third kiddos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->