General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Had a vvvfl on a cb early detection yesterday afternoon but think it was just an indent. Absolutely nothing today. I’ve thrown up twice today though. Ive been super nauseated before for pms but never thrown up. But if it was morning sickness I’d have clear positives. My opk is a little darker, but I know I have dark opks during my lp. I have plans for a friend’s birthday tonight and idk if I want to test with an expensive test or not before I head out. Attaching my opks and yesterday’s cb

2FE085F9-E272-48B7-9DF2-D67C74231703.jpeg E3536B7A-FFCD-48CD-B626-12B819511B23.jpeg

Dobs hm. I get nauseous before my period but I’ve never thrown up from it. We’ll have to see what the next tests bring.

CD25 and spotting again, still no fertile signs or positive OPK. Not amused ugh

Flueky - Sorry to hear about your step-dad. Sending him lots of positive vibes. -.-

Dobby - Ya, next week Friday. I should be 7w3d. And ya, I have a confirmation email. As for symptoms, I have little bit of sporadic boob pain, tiredness (but that could just be regular working full time/mom of 2 tiredness, lol), and I've noticed some mild headaches here and there, which I don't recall having with either boy. I dunno if SO would be allowed to go, but he needs to be home to make sure Alex has breakfast and gets to school and he's not super interested in going anyway.
Hmm, kinda hard to see anything on the cb in the pic. Are you gonna test again in the morning or wait til Monday?

shae - Sorry this cycle is being super weird and annoying. How's work been? Still super busy?

AFM, finally booked my in office appt with my Dr for Oct 6. So, as it stands, my appts are...
Sept 29 - Blood work
Oct 1 - Dating U/S
Oct 6 - In office Dr
Oct 21 - MW via phone
Also officially invited people to Matthew's BDay party through FB, so time to start planning and purchasing for that. Otherwise, just been super lazy and tired and putting of house work for days. But I finally kicked my own butt and did 3 loads of laundry today. Now gonna try to get myself off the couch to hand wash several pots and pans before I veg/pass out. lol

Shae that’s crazy. I’m sorry you’re cycle is being extra odd. How is the bbt looking? I can’t remember if you track bbt as well. Any chance it may be anovulatory or have you had long cycles like this? Sorry I’m in memory fog today

Super productive day, Pretty! And I can’t wait to hear your level in a few days. And less than a week to see bubs! Such an exciting time. Hope they let SO go.

Yeah the cb was super faint but now that it’s dry it’s clearly just an indent line. All tests today bfn. At this point, I’m just counting myself out. I didn’t temp this morning. Smu opk is 0.13 higher but with all the bfns I’m sure it’s just a pre af rise.

9C342DBF-52E0-4CE5-B0EC-A7B18FA7A441.jpeg

Pretty yay for ultrasound coming up next week!

Dobs sorry it’s looking like BFN, hopefully all for the best considering the situation.

AFM spotting ended again. CD26 currently. Apparently I’ve ovulated as late as CD25 since getting the IUD out, I went back and checked. My BBT is pre-O levels still. I’m not sure if this cycle will be anovulatory or just super delayed O. I’ll be temping and taking daily OPKs, we’ll see eventually. I’m just super fed up with my delayed ovulations/long cycles. I know my body is under a lot of stress considering the new job, new move, etc. But ugggggh.
Work is going fine, definitely stressful and time management is not my forte. I’m also just slow at setting up my IV lines and popping all my meds out of the very stubborn wrappings. Idk, I feel a little defeated when it comes to time management, my preceptor has mentioned it a lot and last shift said I don’t do what she suggests to manage my time, but I thought I was doing what she suggested so I’m a little confused. Going to ask for more information on that next shift because I don’t know what I’m not doing that she told me to do. I also was dealing with some patients who were just plain jerks. I’m hoping tomorrow will be better.

Oh Shae I’m so sorry work is such stress. Big hugs. I’m glad that you’re going to talk to her. I’m sure she’ll appreciate that! Give yourself credit for that’s. It’s so brave. I hope tomorrow is a better day. And hopefully you get your O soon. I can sympathize with having messed up cycles post birth control. I hope things regulate sooner rather than later.

AFM in true dobby poas fashion I used a couple cheapies. Same shadowy mess I know to ignore BUT in a twist I went to watch Great British Baking and looked at it one more time before bed. I can see the faint line. Usually my wondfos dry so visibly indent or blank. This is the first it’s dried with a line. I know I know Dobby. You can’t trust anything after the window but even the invert of the dried test is so much more defined that usual. I do have one more frer. My temp doesn’t always drop 12dpo so I was honestly going to skip using it and save it for a rainy day. I may cave lol

434EDCBD-1A63-4C17-9CB8-236BA80B7CBC.jpeg ADAB81D1-9CFE-4C1D-A517-2CF84342634E.jpeg 69FF7DCA-C71E-4650-96F8-A6AC884D3610.jpeg ABD70D0B-2F1E-41F0-BF08-35120CE77333.jpeg

Dobs I’m reading in the dark with very low brightness so I can’t really see much, I’ll look again in the AM. But I’d say see what your temp is in the morning before testing. Are you 12dpo today, or tomorrow?

Dobs update, I do see the lines. I’d call them too faint to trust not to be a shitty test, though, unless you get a better line today in which case it was a legit line lol

For sure. I’ve had so many/seen so many shadow lines be nothing these days. I’m 12dpo today, so AF due tom. I have had random 13 day lps so due Wed at the latest. My temp this morning is 98.72 so my booty is either sick or pregnant :rofl: either one would explain the nausea and fatigue :rofl:

I have a half day sub to take A to a speech eval so I’m saving the free for third morning urine on a 3.5-4 hour hold. Seeing the same shadow Wondfo line though but tentatively excited that I can see it irl not just on camera albeit as faint as it is. The Wally def a dude. The evap dried hella far from whatever line I was looking at lol. Old dobby would just dip the frer and buy more but I can’t take the heartbreak rn lol it’s too early in the morning

93C9F967-D402-495C-A962-8FD90CEA26D3.jpeg

I def see it, but it seems prettty light for 12dpo. That being said, plenty of people have had BFNs until after AF was due, so :shrug: looking forward to your FRER!

Yeah honestly had to just be more wonky wondfo. Frer and Wondfo both bfn on a 4 hour hold. Opk also decreased. I’m sad, and I have to be honest not in the mood for condolences. Just want to wallow today. So I’ll probably be mia for a while <3

1A1B7061-71CA-47D2-9DB9-1819C5122FE1.jpeg CC359027-86DF-42A9-BCF6-7D1C15FAC43A.jpeg

It’s not even the bfn it’s just work. I’m so f*ing done. It’s ridiculous.

in unchartered (pun intended) territory I’m 13dpo with a bbt 98.33 and bfns. No spotting, no cramping, but I feel wet and I just wiped and had some tissuey clumps so that’s fun....

Dobby - I know you said you're not in the mood for condolences. I am sorry though that you're feeling down cuz of work. It's only Tuesday and I feel like there's already been a bunch of dumbassery so far this week. Probably gonna vent a bit to my boss in the morning. But anyway, take whatever time you need and feel free to vent to us whenever.

shae - Sorry that you're feeling stressed out and struggling at work a bit. I'm sure it takes everyone a while to get their groove and do everything quickly. You'll get there. Have you talked to you preceptor about that clarification?

AFM, blood work appt is in the morning. I called my Dr's office several days ago and asked them to fax the reqs to the clinic. No idea if they did, but FX. Otherwise, still just super tired and anxiously waiting to be out of 2nd tri. Or, at least far enough along to be able to use my home doppler.

So sorry, Flueky. Prayers for your step Dad, and the whole family. I hope that you have had some positive news since you last posted.

Im excited to hear about your scan, Pretty! I know it is so nerve wracking early on... Nothing to do but wait. And, like I said I just have a feeling all will go well. Might as well assume the best, and go with that while you wait. Glad that your son is just getting on with life, and the cast doesn't bother him. Love how little children can be such amazing troopers like that!

Sorry you're feeling down, Dobby. Please don't stay away too long! Whats going wrong at work? (Or feel free not to share if you dont want to!) And fingers crossed everything turns out as it should re: the current potential pregnancy. I'm no good at reading early tests, so can't contribute there!

You're a nurse, right, Shae? What an insane time to just be starting out in healthcare...! What things have you been told you aren't managing your time properly with? I get that as a general criticism, but also feel nursing is the kind of job where I'd prefer my nurse to go a tad slower and get everything right vs. rush and mess up due to time issues! Hopefully you get some clarity and feedback going forward. My first thought was also that your manager may be worn thin by this point, and lack some patience that she would have had in the same situation pre-covid. Good luck! I love organizing and time management, so let us know if we can help pool an ideas!!! Thank you as well for being a nurse- I've had a couple of surgeries/hospital stays and remember the lovely nurses I had even years later. (I also remember the one mean one I've encountered! Lol! But the nice were like 99% of them!!! :lol:). You are really appreciated!!

AFM- nothing going on. Finally stopped bleeding, and have my follow up appt Monday. Life is boring otherwise!

Vent post
I did finally get a temp drop close to CL and spotting. I expect AF tomorrow at two days late. I know I never had a good line, but I do wonder about a chemical. I've had 13 day lps but never 14. And even though I'm just spotting really and not cramping at all, I have passed nearly 10 grape sized clots. I’m also passing some really odd things. On the verge on emailing my doctor. But who knows. Whatever. It is what it is.I'm just in a cry everything out mood. I cried for three hours yesterday. Cried before work and during lunch and after work.

I can't make this s* up, this week alone:
1- My student punched another student int he stomach for laughing at them when they walked into a pole, but it was actually a different student who had laughed.
2- A parent came on campus and threatened one of my students.
3- An older sibling came on campus and threatened one of my students (believe it or not, a completely different family and situation than 2)
4- There was a literal fight circle with over 100 kids today, and at the center of it was one of my students.
Progress reports go home on Friday, and I didn't start because I lost two preps this week already.

On the personal front, A apparently is starting to stutter. His SLP says it's to be expected as he picks up more language, but now she's saying he will need articulation therapy in the future. I already took a half day off for a speech eval with the sped preschool that sucked. I have to take Friday morning off as well. Plus I'm getting my booster on Friday.

I have no time for myself. I'm going to start walking for half of my lunch break with my music. My back is acting up from not being able to exercise it properly. I'm just so emotionally drained. Going to drown my sorrow in wine and cookies.

Last edited:
Pretty ty and honestly your bloodwork is the only reason I crawled out of my hole to the site. I wanna know :) I can't believe you're already 7 weeks! Time sure is flying.

Winter so glad the bleeding stopped! And hey they no news is good news? <3

Dobby - Jeez, your week sounds crazy so far. Big internet hugs to you! I really dunno how you do it. You're so much stronger than I would be if I had to deal with all that. I hope you wine and cookies and lunch time walks help. And you know we're always here whenever you need to talk. <3

So, my blood work appt went alright. Last I checked, results are still pending, but I'll let you all know my hCG number ASAP. :)
It's also a little hard to believe I'm in my 7th week too. 17.5% of this pregnancy down. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

• Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    AngelMom1012
    Back
    monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
    <-- Admiral -->