General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

@gigglebox That sounds like such a natural and lovely way to educate them! I'm sure it's difficult at times (a lot of the time?!) but must be very well worth it! I'm very lucky where I live in Canada there's a Catholic school board that is free like public school, and they're quite good and don't care that we are not Catholic lol

*salivating* MANGO STICKY RICE!?! You have superb taste @gigglebox !
LOL why thank you!! I just finished it and omg I want more.
And another pumpkin cupcake.

Sorry Dobs :p

Autumnal -- that is fortunate for sure! My first went to a catholic montessori-style preschool before they shut down without warning. They had funding issues that the director of the school kept to herself and didn't tell anyone, for whatever reason. We were all so upset because if the parents knew, we would have rallied and raised funds, but they didn't give us enough time to even try. We did our best and begged for them to keep it open, but they didn't. I've been homeschooling since (that was in 2019). It actually worked out with timing because they waived requirements for "proof of progress" (end of school testing) due to the pandemic, so I didn't feel as much pressure to preform. We're pretty lax with our school but it works for us and they are doing great with their annual assessments :thumbup:

@gigglebox That's so wonderful you are able to be lax with it. I have always thought as long as you are taught the "three RS" you can pursue anything that interests you!

We "dtd" yesterday but I'm only cd12 and usually ovulate late but having some cramps so fingers crossed :D

Gigs the home/school you set up for your fam is top notch. I was just talking to my kiddos about how much better everything is when you can see it/touch it/breathe is versus just read about it or look at some photos. I want to put my protein in my coffee but I never end up finishing my coffee hahahah. The combo is new. Schools try to avoid it because it’s honestly sucks for the kids and the sole purpose is to save money and not hire another teacher. It’s just the one class: 15 fourth graders and 13 fifth graders. Oooo speaking of eggs I saw this cute video where this woman had her chickens peck out jack o lanterns for her. I was dying. You did not go overboard! You treated yourself and I’m so jealous!

Autumnal oooo that’s so cool that y’all make your own pasta! A eats like half a box a day lol it’s one of his safe foods. So glad he’s doing better with a new teacher! School is rough. We expect so much out of such tiny people. I have to remind myself they’re like 8 and I need to be nicer to them and I’m supposedly the nice teacher :rofl: that’s great about the Catholic school though!

HalfricanMa, nice! I hear you. An attachment would be much easier but it’s such a great bonding/life lessons to your kid help make it with you. Love that! So my protein is entirely flavorless hahah. It’s literally straight protein. A blend of whey and casein I think with some green tea extract. I switched from nonfat milk to 2% milk so that’s helped. It’s not that I can’t stomach it. I just get such little pleasure in life right now that given the option between my protein and a snickers bar LOL or like we can’t have fridges in our rooms so I have to keep my milk in the staff fridge and it’s such a long walk and morning recess is so short that if I forget either getting my shaker or milk it’s not worth walking back.

Pho is great but omg I’m so here for ramen right now.

I do need to figure out a game plan for post early dinner though. I'm definitely still a bit hungry and it's like I have 200-300 calories left. She says with a bunch of bananas in front of her, a honeycrisp apple, two mini watermelons, and some mama rice noodles... :rofl:

omg all this food talk *drool* I am very much craving sweet things. I will be on a mission for something that tastes literally anything like the pumpkin cupcake from yesterday while I'm in the city tomorrow. Yeah, city...because...first ultrasound is tomorrow! I have been insanely nervous but for whatever reason I am total zen about it in this moment. Omg I love this calm mind, it's a rarity. I hope I can hang onto this until the appointment.

Anyway dobs sounds like you have a sweet tooth yourself, or maybe just fruit...? you know i Have a half watermelon sitting in the fridge that I need to break into before it rots. It's from our garden -- the watermelons were so good this year!! Too many seed though but I guess that's the trade off.

I just have a child who insists on buying all these fruits and then refuses to eat them :rofl:

I love that you’re at peace today!! I can’t believe it’s almost ultrasound day

3 Rs- reading, writing, ‘rithmetic haha
We are starting classical conversations this year since I need some outside guidance with homeschooling. I’m just too overwhelmed constantly with trying to make sure I’m doing “enough” especially with my oldest, who is almost 13.
The food talk, oh. Omg. I’m dying for sticky rice. I can’t do grains or sugar whatsoever with my blood sugar issues so I live vicariously through those of you who can.
Ok done thread crashing, do carry on.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    toe
    Back
    monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
    <-- Admiral -->