General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

Still time for an Aria Dobs…. ;P
Honestly though how cute would and Aiden-Aria sibling pair be?!

“It’s a boy, let’s get pho” hahhahahaha
There’s a reveal I can get behind XD

I’ll wait for more to chime in, and also have more to to say about family reactions. My side of the family know now, and we also told hubby’s Dad who swung by to say hi. My mom and his dad live in the same neighborhood. Actually I don’t know if y’all knew this but we grew up in the same neighborhood but didn’t get formally introduced until after we graduated (when I was 20). I knew of him in high school and we crossed paths several times but never had a conversation until then. Actually that’s a fun story if y’all care to hear it but it’s 4am so I guess I should probably go back to sleep. Ugh insomnia.

@gigglebox Happy Birthday!!!! I hope you have a great day. I’m team find out as soon as possible because I’m impatient and horrible at guessing. lol Also, that’s pretty crazy you guys grew up so close to each other. When I went to my husbands parents for the first time it looked so familiar. Then in front of his neighborhood was a diner that I used to hang out at alllll the time and so did he…I have always wondered if we were ever there at the same time and have no clue.
@DobbyForever I hope you don’t get sick! I went to school to be a teacher and worked with kids for 10ish years. I was always sick! I took vitamin C plus all year round, it helped.

Aria and Ellie are very common in our area. Both of my girls have one on their class. They both also have several mavericks and Annalyn’s. I like Robert! I would go with Rob or Robbie over Bob, though the one Bob I know was soooo nice.

Dobs take your elderberry!
Just got home about 30 minutes ago and so tired…already under my covers. The visit was great! Good company, a very generous gift from my mom, and of course finding out about the baby being healthy! So it was a great and memorable birthday indeed ^_^ i ate a lot of good food. My body is not happy and a bit confused because I’ve been barely eating for weeks and suddenly I gorged for 24 hours lol. I feel like a chunky slob. But symptoms haven’t been bad the past couple days. I was pretty exhausted today but I can eat again it seems and the nausea is gone (for now anyway). I’m hoping to pick my workouts back up this week.

Gigs don't even put that into the universe lol. I don't even want to date because A- everyone at this stage comes with kids and/or B- even if they don't have kids they want kids... and it gives me such dating ick to think about how I can 100% get talked into having another kid. But I really don't want that. I am burnt. Out. Like even everyone I matched with who were coworker approved at happy hour are just giving me such ick today because I'm busy advocating for A/ setting up playdates/ working and they can text me super nice messages and I'm just like GO AWAY I NEED SPACE. So yeah. For everyone's sake, my baby maker is closed.

I wanna hear the story!

Jules yeah! My brother took soooo much vitamin c when he was in this elite choir at school. They couldn't afford to get sick because A- it threw off the harmony and B- even if you could still physically sing then your voice was all messed up. I usually don't get sick. I wonder if it's because I had a bad case of covid before school started and my body is just wrecked.

A is so whiny today, too. I'm still slightly under 100 for my temp. Itchy throat. It's all good. Safeway had a crazy sale/clearance on so many wines. Like $30-$40 off. I'm sure it's an exaggeration / they marked it up to look like it's a bigger sale than it is... ie I got a bottle that they said retails for $70, Google search shows it's more like $40-$50, but Safeway was selling it at $25. My mom was like, "Didn't you say you were going to stop drinking at home?" And I said, "No, I said God will give me a sign. And then all of the red wine was on sale. So clearly it was sign that I need more blood of Christ in my life." She did not laugh. So I made the same joke with my cousin, but I said "Christ of Blood" instead and then joked that I had too much Holy "Spirit" in me. She laughed. I'm sure this is blasphemy but I like to think God has a sense of humor.

Last edited:
well I was going to wait for Shae to chime in too but since y'all clearly want to know and I need to share it lol....warning, this is long as i'm sure you see!

To start, I had a strong feeling this was another boy because of the circumstances surrounding conception. Every other baby, except for the m/c, I conceived when we dtd the day I ovulated. Now I can't say for certain when I ovulated but I think it lined up with the day we went out of town for the disc golf tournament and got the hotel, and we definitely took advantage of the evening, so yeah...also my symptoms have felt like other pregnancies. Also baby is measuring ahead by at least 1-2 days (the tech kept measuring and remeasuring and I was seeing it a day or two ahead until she settled on one day, but kept my due date), and that's assuming my guesstimate of ovulating the night at the hotel is accurate, but it could have been the next day or the day after, so could be more like 3-4 days ahead...which is insignificant in the scheme of things, but I think my boys all measured ahead.

Now on to guesses from family/friends....my kids collectively guessed boy "because we already have all boys". Literally everyone else with an opinion guessed/thought girl. This baby's heart rate was pretty high at 173 and my SIL said both her girls were really high, so she was convinced girl right off the bat. My brother (her husband) agreed and guessed girl. My SIL on hubby's side guessed girl and is very hopeful for a girl to be a friend for her daughter who just turned 2. Also the youngest kid in our small homeschool group is a girl (she is under 2) and so her mom is hoping it's a girl, and even blew "baby girl" vibes in my direction when I told her I was pregnant (which at the time annoyed me but that's another story lol). MIL, her husband, and my FIL all guessed girl.

My closest friend down here never made a guess, she was just riding out emotions with me as a supportive friend. Hubby didn't make a guess either. He kept making comments that it's a girl this time, but he said he never felt it was either, he was just hoping for a girl because he knew I wanted one (but he wanted a boy). My Mom also never made a guess, she just hoped for healthy.

I think that covers everyone lol; also for the record, I hoped DS1 was a girl but I was thinking he might be a boy. Hubby thought he was a girl for sure (despite his comment which I mention below), obviously that was a boy . With ds2 I was 100% convinced it was a girl because I felt sicker...obviously I was wrong there. DS3 I "figured" he was a boy because of history, not feeling. And I already explained my thoughts on this one.

Last thing I'll say is when I was pregnant with DS1, before we learned about all the risks of the pregnancy, hubby asked me what I was hoping for. I told him I'd love to have a daughter first (I just like the dynamic of an older sister, and I feel like it would be nice that way because they seem to be more excited for future babies and willing to help). Hubby said to me, "Well, that's too bad because I only make men." I laughed at that, and I have brought it up with every pregnancy that my husband is very honesty and didn't lie about that lol.

So to set up the event that led to the reveal...We were getting ready to take the kids to a park in my mom's neighborhood while I was visiting for my birthday. We wanted to run some energy out of them before we went to dinner (this is btw my 3 boys plus my neice on my side; my bro/SIL have 2 daughters but one is a baby). I was literally in the bathroom when my cell rang. I just quickly finished and answered the phone, and it was the nurse practitioner. She said she had all the results back, and everything looked good! That was obviously great to hear. So until this point (I think I said this already) I was going to get it written down and then pick it up at the office when we were back in town and open it at my leisure or when I had planned a reveal better (actually before this moment I was thinking I wanted to just open it around our immediate family and find out just the 5 of us)....but my whole side of the family was together, so I just asked the NP if she could tell us on speaker, and she said sure! So I just yell all aggressively in the house "EVERYONE COME HERE!!!!" and they all did lol; I said, "The doctor [office] is on the phone, she's going to tell us what the baby is!" so I gave the NP the go ahead, and she told us all together.

So.........is it true? Did my husband accurately "warn" me a daughter wasn't in my future? Does the man really only make y sperm?

Yes, yes he did and yes he does :dohh: :rofl: Boy #4 is on the way! So the NP says, "it's a boy!" and everyone collectively says, "ahhhh!" like in that half disappointed, but it's almost kind of funny way. But I'm glad we did the reveal that way. It was nice to share it with everyone and not have the build up of having to tell people and anticipate their reaction. Also I feel like if we did anything bigger, like some party to reveal, and it was a boy, it almost feel like a let down if that makes sense, and I just don't like the idea of that. I really did feel like I had a lot of pressure on me to have a girl, which I have not been enjoying. Anyway I'm glad my instincts didn't steer me wrong this time! To be honest I really was hoping for healthy; I thought I might take it harder if it was a boy, but I already mourned not having a daughter, so I don't feel like I need to be sad about that anymore if that makes sense. And to be honest I think there's something "more" special about being a mom of all one sex rather than a mix, which is more common/expected I guess. Not to deminish parents to both; obviously there are so many pros to any situation, I just feel personally for me that this is my path, that I'm meant to be raising boys, and obviously God must think I'm doing OK to surprise me with the gift of another boy. And I LOVE my boys, I am not at all sad to have another! And I think another boy fits in better anyway. With the big age gap, I was really nervous about how a girl would fit in, and was worried she would feel left out and alone. I struggled with that growing up despite a close age gap with my brother because I felt like I had no female ally in the house. I was close to my Mom to a degree but it's not the same as a sister.

So allllllllllllllllllllllll that to say...I'm happy with the reveal and happy with the result! Also I am happy to report I feel a bit more connected with the pregnancy now, which I have been struggling with due to the surprise of it all. Also I don't want to go into details but my Mom gifted us an extremely generous gift that completely alleviates all of our credit card debt. I couldn't believe it; she did talk to me about doing so but money like that is never something I want to count on from anyone. It was incredibly generous, and I cried a lot lol. This means the only debt we will have is the mortgage. Absolutely crazy. As a single income GROWING family, we are just overwhelmed and grateful! That also helps me feel better about everything because I was seriously concerned about how the heck we're going to do everything financially between feeding 4 boys and also the upcoming medical bills. This helps so, so much. But I'm only telling you all this; I feel like it's kind of private and I don't want the world to know (or even the other side of the family), but I'm so thankful and grateful I had to share to someone!

ANYWAY....

Now I need to brainstorm how to tell my husband's side of the family about the baby! I'm thinking about just doing the traditional cupcake reveal when we're all together for Halloween, but I'm open to suggestions. I just want something low key. Cupcakes sound like they fit the bill.

Hi Pretty!! Hope you and all those little ones are doing well! How's little V?

Dobs your mom is just concerned, as I'm sure you would be with your own kiddo as well ;) How is the drinking stuff going? I don't know your current status with everything so I won't comment either way...but the fact you asked for a sign and got a literal sign is pretty funny to me. I hope you're feeling better by the time you read this!

Jules that's so funny! I've had the same thought with my husband. When we've discussed the past we realize we were at things like parties at the same time, but we wonder if there were other situations. Growing up, we also had a rivalry with other other neighborhood kids because our little group had built a fort in the woods by this creek, and there were another group of kids who built a fort nearby. Those kids would come mess with our fort, and we would retaliate and mess with theirs :rofl: we realized we may have been fighting each other back then which is hilarious to me.

I love the story!

Oh no she didn’t laugh because she didn’t get the joke and then when I explained it it’s like jokes aren’t funny when you explain them. Plus she had literally just walked in the door at 6:30pm on Friday so exhausted from work she couldn’t even get the door open. I’ve been doing her dishes thus week because they just piled up everywhere. She had to use A’s cups because she didn’t have clean cups and wouldn’t cook because her pots were all dirty.

Omg fort rivals is amazing

My temp is down to normal but I feel like garbage. But I promised A I’d take him to the zoo because no horse therapy

@gigglebox that’s a great story and I think you’re spot on about following your instinct for the reveal that way. Sounds like it was intimate and perfect. The cupcakes idea sounds fitting too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
confettiblue
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->