genital warts

styleforum

Reaction score
I had genital warts appear around 3 months pregnant and they have gone away and havent came back. i was told that they can be a problem during labor .. i am due in 2 weeks and wondering if i should ask the doctor about them even though they are gone??

yes with genital warts they may want you to have a c section so that there is no chances of the child getting it. i know it sounds horrible but yes it can be given to the child so please tell the doctor so they can make sure the child doesnt get it

but it has gone away since the last time i had it which was when i was in my third month...

it doesnt matter just becuase you dont have a outbreak doesnt mean your cured you should tell them for the sake of the baby its better safe than sorry

I would speak to your doctor. It is rare for it to spread to your newborn unless you have an outbreak at the time of the labour. Do you have any cream to prevent outbreak. Most creams are fine to use while pregnant but consult your doctor first.

https://www.globalherbalsupplies.com/herpes/women.html

This site has a part on the birth if you scroll down.

One of my friends gave birth the other day vaginally even though she had herpes but she did not have an outbreak at the time and was very careful to prevent it as much as she could.

Good luck! x

Its best to speak to your doctor about it. I think you can deliver vaginally if your not having an outbreak but I would opt for a C section to be on the safe side!

I just went through this in deep detail with my baby doctor.

The issue with genital warts is that if they are present (Which yours are not), they may 'split' or 'open' and it is the blood/liquid that bleeds from them getting on to the child or in its mouth that is the danger. If a baby is born and that fluid/blood gets in to their mouth, and in to their throat, it can be extremely dangerous as the warts may grow there and suffocate the baby because you wouldn't be able to get to them to treat them.

Are you 100% sure you had actual genital warts- as in, was it pointed out to you by an actual doctor that they were, indeed, genital warts? I believed I had something similar to genital warts over the past few months (Even though over the past several years I have only been with my husband who was in fact a virgin before he met me) and I talked to my baby doctor about it. He said that if genital warts are present, they are only of concern if they are actually near the opening to the vagina or inside or on thr cervix, but that he would still take a look (My bumps were not near the opening, but rather just below the panty line, and I had an internal check up etc to make sure they were no where else) so I went to the hospital to meet with him there before my next appointment and when he took a look he said that as much as they looked like genital warts (And my other doc assumed they were), they are infact not and that they were of no concern whatsoever. But because of how much they upset me and made me so self conscious, he was still able to freeze them (Called Cryo for warts.. it looks like a fire extinguisher and he sprayed the extremely cold mist on to them directly. It is 100% safe to do when pregnant). I am still healing as we speak, but it will SOOOO be worth being able to feel good about myself naked again! Lol

You see, pregnant women have so many growth hormones in their body that small bumps from anything to whatever it was that showed up on me, to moles or skin tags, etc, can show up because of the hormones. Also, whatever you may currently have (Skin tags, warts, moles, etc) going in to pregnancy is likely to get bigger. So what you believe may be genital warts could very well be something very different- whether something worse and more severe, or in my case, of no concern at all.

Because you said they have disappeared, then I say you should have no worries at all (And my doc agrees) BUT if you have not yet been checked out since you first had noticed them before they went away, you -must- get checked out. Genital warts can locate themselves inside of your vagina even if there is nothing visible on the outside, and on to your cervix, which can be very dangerous, and worse- they can cause Cervical Cancer (#1 cause) so please, if you haven't already been checked, get an appointment, get a pap smear done and an exam to make sure. :)

Editted to add:

And if you had not been checked out, and it happens to be herpes (Herpes are known for showing up and going away, then showing up again, whereas genital warts usually only show up.. and once they go away they actually stay away) then you will need to take major precautions to keep your baby safe. Like I said above, make sure to have a full internal exam, and not just have your doctor 'assume' what they are by simply looking. They should need a pap smear at the least, or even a possible piece of one to send in. My family doctor (Not my baby doctor) took one look and said "Genital warts" but when my baby doc tested and did everything to take precautions, they showed up as harmless simple bumps such as a skin tag (I dont remember what exactly he called them). So many possibilities, and without getting properly diagnosed you may never know for sure.

I have had this issue too and saw my doctor about it who reassured me that unless you have a large population of warts, or if they are internal, then you shouldn't worry. They will only recommend a c-section if there is a risk to the baby (normally internal) or if they are likely to get in the way during labour or split and cause you issues. Mine re-appeared during the first trimester but have since disappeared so am not worrying about it. Unfortunately there isn't really any treatment they can give you apart from freezing when you are pregnant which may get rid of them temporarily. Try not to worry about them - just keep an eye on them and go to the Doctors for a check up if you are worried xx

The issue with genital warts is that if they are present (Which yours are not), they may 'split' or 'open' and it is the blood/liquid that bleeds from them getting on to the child or in its mouth that is the danger. If a baby is born and that fluid/blood gets in to their mouth, and in to their throat, it can be extremely dangerous as the warts may grow there and suffocate the baby because you wouldn't be able to get to them to treat them.

Are you 100% sure you had actual genital warts- as in, was it pointed out to you by an actual doctor that they were, indeed, genital warts? I believed I had something similar to genital warts over the past few months (Even though over the past several years I have only been with my husband who was in fact a virgin before he met me) and I talked to my baby doctor about it. He said that if genital warts are present, they are only of concern if they are actually near the opening to the vagina or inside or on thr cervix, but that he would still take a look (My bumps were not near the opening, but rather just below the panty line, and I had an internal check up etc to make sure they were no where else) so I went to the hospital to meet with him there before my next appointment and when he took a look he said that as much as they looked like genital warts (And my other doc assumed they were), they are infact not and that they were of no concern whatsoever. But because of how much they upset me and made me so self conscious, he was still able to freeze them (Called Cryo for warts.. it looks like a fire extinguisher and he sprayed the extremely cold mist on to them directly. It is 100% safe to do when pregnant). I am still healing as we speak, but it will SOOOO be worth being able to feel good about myself naked again! Lol

You see, pregnant women have so many growth hormones in their body that small bumps from anything to whatever it was that showed up on me, to moles or skin tags, etc, can show up because of the hormones. Also, whatever you may currently have (Skin tags, warts, moles, etc) going in to pregnancy is likely to get bigger. So what you believe may be genital warts could very well be something very different- whether something worse and more severe, or in my case, of no concern at all.

Because you said they have disappeared, then I say you should have no worries at all (And my doc agrees) BUT if you have not yet been checked out since you first had noticed them before they went away, you -must- get checked out. Genital warts can locate themselves inside of your vagina even if there is nothing visible on the outside, and on to your cervix, which can be very dangerous, and worse- they can cause Cervical Cancer (#1 cause) so please, if you haven't already been checked, get an appointment, get a pap smear done and an exam to make sure. :)

Editted to add:

And if you had not been checked out, and it happens to be herpes (Herpes are known for showing up and going away, then showing up again, whereas genital warts usually only show up.. and once they go away they actually stay away) then you will need to take major precautions to keep your baby safe. Like I said above, make sure to have a full internal exam, and not just have your doctor 'assume' what they are by simply looking. They should need a pap smear at the least, or even a possible piece of one to send in. My family doctor (Not my baby doctor) took one look and said "Genital warts" but when my baby doc tested and did everything to take precautions, they showed up as harmless simple bumps such as a skin tag (I dont remember what exactly he called them). So many possibilities, and without getting properly diagnosed you may never know for sure.

Unfortunately, it not true about them not coming back. They could be gone for years and when the immune systme is suppressed, i.e. in pregnancy it is very common for them to return. Even if they are warts as suspected unless there are alot or they are very big in risk of transmission is small so they still will not recommend a c-section even if you have them - they are not the same as herpes.

And although HPV is the cause of cervical cancer the type of HPV that causes warts by and large is not the same strain that causes cancer so please don't worry yourself further - but do make sure your dr is aware of the condition

Editted to add:

Unfortunately, it not true about them not coming back. They could be gone for years and when the immune systme is suppressed, i.e. in pregnancy it is very common for them to return. Even if they are warts as suspected unless there are alot or they are very big in risk of transmission is small so they still will not recommend a c-section even if you have them - they are not the same as herpes.

And although HPV is the cause of cervical cancer the type of HPV that causes warts by and large is not the same strain that causes cancer so please don't worry yourself further - but do make sure your dr is aware of the condition

Ohhhh really? Both of my doctors have given me that information so I now want to ask them more questions. I am the kind of person who wants to get to the bottom of everything, Lol. They had me scanned for cervical cancer and all that jazz because my family doc said that HPV was one of the main causes of it. I guess perhaps there must still be a chance because the procedure for checking the cervix was very painful and made me bleed for quite a while afterward.

And my baby doc assured me that after he froze off these large unsightly bumps I had that they wouldn't reappear unless he didnt freeze it all off the first time, but I guess I got the information mixed up because my brain was telling me it was Genital Warts, not the skin-tag like bumps that he told me they were after wards. Oppsies, sorry for the misinformation! Thanks for pointing that out! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->