'Geriatric' mum to be lol

amitootold

2 M/C, not ttc again
Reaction score
Hi

First day on here. My first baby, I am 41 and 4+2 so very early days. Had a m/c in Sept 2009 and after tests last year, was told I had a 1% chance of conceiving naturally, 5% with IVF. We decided against IVF and accepted we would not have a family. In January, I decided I needed to lose weight, lost 21lbs and all of a sudden I'm preganant!!!

So many emotions, scared I will miscarry again, not sure how I feel about the pregnancy to be honest - as I had got used to the idea of not having a baby, worried about downs and birth defects. Would love to hear from any older mums to be.

Welcome to BnB.

I'm Sarah, I'm 39 so one of the older mums you're looking for :hi:

xxx

PS just noticed you're in Wakefield. I'm originally from Barnsley, lived in Sheffield for 10 years until 2008 and now live on the Nottinghamshire/Lincolnshire border.

xxx

https://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g146/GemLoux/Welc.gif :wave:

:wave::wave::wave:

Hi and welcome!

Not too old! Good luck!

HI! I'm geriatric as well. I am 39 and will be 40 when this little is due. Congratulations on your pregnancy! I share the same worries you do, but I also had them when I was pregnant with my daughters at ages 33 and 35. For me, worrying about the unknown just seems to go with pregnancy. This pregnancy was a surprise for us and I really regret that I weigh so much. That is a new worry for me. I will go to a perinatologlist on Thursday because I am considered high risk due to my age. I guess that will consist of talking about all of the available testing there is. I really don't want to go that route. Well, anyway, enough about me, congratulations again and I hope to keep in touch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->