Gestational Diabetes?

bbbbbbb811

Reaction score
I am worried that I may have developed Gestational Diabetes, all of the sudden I am VERY thirsty. To the point that it is waking me up at night, I have to constantly have a drink at hand cause I need a drink every 15-30minutes.. Which I do try satisfy with water, sometimes I'll have a drink and still be thirsty. But this isn't normal for me, I am not usually this thirsty.. and I don't wake in the night normally for anything other than my daughter! Am I worrying unnecessarily?
It's hard to tell about the other symptoms about GD, as with drinking more I of course am going to the toilet more:blush: and I have been very tired all through my pregnancy.
Do you think I should make a sooner appointment with my midwife to discuss this? or wait two weeks and just bring it up then cause it might just be me overreacting?:shrug:

I had GD with my last pregnancy so being monitored closely with this one. I was told it's very unusual to develop it after 28 weeks, and you don't really get symptoms with GD. If you're worried though maybe just give the midwife a ring and see if she will dip your urine for glucose, I did that a couple of weeks ago when there was glucose in my urine at the doctors, saw her the next day and there wasn't any.

I have been diagnosed with it with little to no symptoms. Did you do the glucose test before 28 weeks? Also, there are a lot of women that don't get diagnosed until 33 or 34 weeks, so it is possible.

If you go to search and look up Us vs Carbs, there is a GD thread and the ladies there are very knowledgable. One is on her 4th GD pregnancy.

I'm in that group and I find it super helpful. I was diagnosed with it at 24 weeks and my only symptom was being rip-my-throat-out thirsty during the night. I'm now starting insulin for it. I would bring it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->