Get your own personal BnB BF Champion and one-on-one BF support here!

Yes I had that initial toe-curling on pain for a few weeks, it gradually got better and one day I just noticed I had no more pain

Yes she needs to be tummy to tummy. If you turn your head to the side and drink it isn't very comfortable. The fact the pain is only at the start is a good sign and should pass soon. I agree you will suddenly realise one day that the pain is gone. It's a wonderful feeling when you realise!

Until then i will be counting down the days,and yes Maggs that is exactly how it works,she sucks and my toes curl. I read in my baby book Haydens feeding style is barracuda

*Barracuda
Is your baby like a little vacuum, latching on tenaciously and suckling with all her might for ten to 20 minutes at a time? If yes, you may have a barracuda-like baby on your hands (or at your breast!).*

Which she is ,and is probably why im more sore,but like i said i will be counting down the days :)

Until then i will be counting down the days,and yes Maggs that is exactly how it works,she sucks and my toes curl. I read in my baby book Haydens feeding style is barracuda

*Barracuda
Is your baby like a little vacuum, latching on tenaciously and suckling with all her might for ten to 20 minutes at a time? If yes, you may have a barracuda-like baby on your hands (or at your breast!).*

Which she is ,and is probably why im more sore,but like i said i will be counting down the days :)

I must have one of these too! Even now it feels like he's going to pull my nipple and all right off!!

any advice on bfing after a c-section? think i might have to have one tomorrow.

I don't know much about it, but all I can recommend is doing as much skin to skin with your lo as early as possible.

My advice would be DO NOT listen to midwives!!! Just feed feed feed your baby whenever they want it, and trust your body, and DO NOT "top up" with formula in the first month or your supply will be ruined!

I had a C-section and my advice is to just latch your baby on as soon as you're in recovery. And read up on what's normal newborn behaviour for a breastfed baby as a lot of nurses in hospital seem to have no idea about this!

I had a c-section. I BF'd four hours after because my wee man was in NICU (heart condition).

Put a pillow across your lap and ask for help!

Newborns feed A LOT! Don't let them convince you to give formula xxxxx

I had a c-section. I BF'd four hours after because my wee man was in NICU (heart condition).

thank you, my main concern is getting the latch right when lying down because i wont be allowed sit up for most of day 1. Im praying I wont need a section, I am booked for an induction tomorrow but i have a feeling baby has turned breech on me.

Look into the side laying position then. If you can lie on your side that is. And definitely feed every time your baby wants it. It might be 3 hrs at a time, then break for 5 mins, then 3 hrs again. If he wants it, let him do it. He's just building up your supply!!

You can sit up after a c-section. I'm a bit confused why you would be laying down. It hurt more to lay flat. I found the cradle hold to be the easiest. Some say that the rugby hold is good as well :thumbup:

thank you, my main concern is getting the latch right when lying down because i wont be allowed sit up for most of day 1. Im praying I wont need a section, I am booked for an induction tomorrow but i have a feeling baby has turned breech on me.

I had an EMCS - lots of skin to skin as soon as you're stitched up. :thumbup:

Tell the midwives before the surgery that you want to BF and you want help to latch baby as soon as you are in recovery.

I honestly didn't find it that hard to latch DD lay down, she just snuggled into my arm so don't worry too much about that.

I had a spinal and couldn't get out of bed for the 1st 24+ hours. Don't be affraid to ask for help. That is what the midwives are there for. Buzz your buzzer when baby stirs to be fed :thumbup:

Having a pillow against your tummy will help with any discomfort / pain. :thumbup:

I hope all goes well - i bet you can't wait to meet your new baby :happydance::hugs:

For me it was about 23 hours a day that he was on the boob - sleeping on and off, but feeding a lot - that's NORMAL. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise!!!

You can sit up after a c-section. I'm a bit confused why you would be laying down. It hurt more to lay flat. I found the cradle hold to be the easiest. Some say that the rugby hold is good as well :thumbup:

my hospital wont let you sit up for several hours after c-section because the spinal can cause severe headaches.

Ooh if you haven't already get a breastfeeding pillow! They are easy to get, I got mine free! Mums are always happy to hep. Look on gumtree/netmums local market place/etc.

I had an EMCS - lots of skin to skin as soon as you're stitched up. :thumbup:

Tell the midwives before the surgery that you want to BF and you want help to latch baby as soon as you are in recovery.

I honestly didn't find it that hard to latch DD lay down, she just snuggled into my arm so don't worry too much about that.

I had a spinal and couldn't get out of bed for the 1st 24+ hours. Don't be affraid to ask for help. That is what the midwives are there for. Buzz your buzzer when baby stirs to be fed :thumbup:

Having a pillow against your tummy will help with any discomfort / pain. :thumbup:

I hope all goes well - i bet you can't wait to meet your new baby :happydance::hugs:

yeah im excited but also very dissapointed about the prospect of having a section on baby no. 5

Ooh if you haven't already get a breastfeeding pillow! They are easy to get, I got mine free! Mums are always happy to hep. Look on gumtree/netmums local market place/etc.

yes i have one from last pregnancy and i have also bought a new one. x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->