Getting a Quinny Buzz - do I need to buy the Dreami carrycot too??

Meels-Spot

Reaction score
Hi all

Just wanted some advice......I have decided on a Quinny Buzz 4, plus the Maxi Cosi car seat, but I am umming and ahhing over whether I will actually 'need' the 'Dreami' carrycot too? Will I get much use out of it to justify the extra outlay? As it's not cheap!

Does anyone have a Buzz with the carrycot and if so do you use it much or do you tend to just use the pushchair seat or the car seat most of the time?

Any advice/opinions appreciated! :)

Well you're going to be due in Febuary and it'll be really quite cold then. Also, it isn't recommended to have babies in car seat for more than 2 hours (i think its 2!) and although you can use the pushchair option apparently from birth, I think it's better to have newborns laying flat. If you're going to buy the carseat and pushchair, you can get a good deal on the entire package to iinclude the dreami.Thats what I'm doing :)

https://www.groovystyle.co.uk/productpages/quinny-2008/quinny-buzz-3-complete-travel-system.php

Thanks! That is a good deal on there isn't it?! Will save that link thanks.

I think most of the time when I pop out into town I would never be more than 2 hours, so the car seat/carrier may get used quite a bit, but if I am not driving or am going to be out longer than a couple of hours then I did wonder about whether the pushchair seat would be an ok substitute for a carrycot or not! It's hard knowing what's for the best when you haven't got a clue........!

I'm looking to buy this and I will get the Dreami Carrycot because I'd like to take the baby for walks. My baby is also due in February - a cold time!

It's up to you but look on ebay as there are a few sellers selling the whole package (frame, pushchair, carrycot, maxi cosi car seat and footmuff for around £500).

Some sell just the pushchair/frame with car seat or with carry cot.

Have a look...there are some great deals (and I'm talking brand new) and colour of your choice! :happydance:

I didnt bother to get the carrycot, just got the carseat and the cosytoes to go in the buggy for the cold weather.

Saying that i do have a pram too lol .. so it'd be no different to you buying the carrycot aswell

ive bought the dreami cot as i think baby will be alot more comfy and snug in it then a car seat and plus because of the cold wether id rather have him all wraped up warm!!

Hmmmmm you ladies are swaying me, I think maybe I do need one then.......also I am thinking about not getting a moses basket, just going straight for a crib, so I suppose in that case the carrycot may come in handy for using downstairs?

Does anyone know if the dreami carrycot is nicely padded around the inside?

yes and as far as carrycots go, its pretty light. I'm not getting a moses basket either, i'm getting a gliding crib and using the carrycot for when i'm in another room.

I just bought the Quinny Speedi n got the Dreami carrycot looks really cosy. With my first one i didnt use the carrycot that much bcause it took up all of boot space (a real pain cos i loved using the carrycot) so check that out if u drive! Iv got a bigger car this time and this pram is a bit smaller that my last but is well worth it in the cold weather.

Its so difficult to get the perfect pram/pushchair x

I'd get the dreami if i was you! We have ordered ours getting a Buzz3 and we have got all the bits!! They recomend you dont leave baby in the car seat more than 92mins a day according to Maxi cosy!! So a Dreami is needed

yes and as far as carrycots go, its pretty light. I'm not getting a moses basket either, i'm getting a gliding crib and using the carrycot for when i'm in another room.

same here i will prob use the carry cot as a moses basket in the day xxx and yep it is light to move about too, obviously i haven't taken into account the weight of the baby:rofl: that would be far too practical!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->