Getting Fit Before Baby

Gosh Miracle, that sounds incredibly stressful. I'm so sorry! Congratulations on your pregnancy though. I really hope this one goes much more smoothly the further along you get.

thank you i really hope for the best thid time around....MissDoc its been a while its good to see you and congrats on your bundle of joy.

Swimmy, that's my fear too... how in the hell does anyone parent two little ones and have any energy or sanity? I guess you'll find out soon. LOL. Hopefully I will as well.

I don't think this is possible!! I felt like I was doing okay over the summer but since going back to work 2 weeks ago I am barely coping. I kinda lost it yesterday from all the stress. I think part of it is actually stemming from the fact DS's behavior has been very challenging lately. His first day of preschool the teacher said he basically would not listen and kept running off. I felt like such a crap parent after that meeting. She kept saying you need to talk to him.. like I haven't been doing that for weeks already!!! So I am just frustrated and sad things are rough to start. At least he has been very excited to go to school.

My daughter is also getting her first two teeth and is not a good teether like my son. So she has been very whiney the last week or so. Now that they are through I am hoping she will settle down some.

Miracle- That does sound like a stressful end to your pregnancy. Hopefully this one will be better. Congratulations.

Heey Krissie, you are a good mother and know that you are doing your best. Being a mom its not easy and it comes with a lot, hang in there. Sometimes kids don't listen and that teacher should take it slow on you they eventually come along.
Teething can be challenging hope she settles down.
Thank you am hoping for the better one, at least God should give me a smooth one just because i had a rough one at first lol

Krissie, this is new for your little one! It’s not unusual at all for him to be having a bit of a tough time adjusting to the new behavioral expectations. That teacher needs to chill out!

Guys, I think I just might be pregnant! Yesterday was 8dpo and I had massively faint barely there, only in the right light squinters on two wondfos. Today at 9 dpo, still super squinters but I can see them in any light, on two more. So I now have 4 wondfo squinters. They can’t ALL be flukes or indents, right? Feeling quite optimistically hopeful, although I recognize it’s incredibly early and it could just be chemical. Fingers crossed though!!

How exciting MissDoc! I've got it all crossed this is your bfp!

Sorry about my statement. I was having a horrible day on Tuesday. I'm a school psychologist. Part of me is embarrassed my son is acting this way and the other part is that I can't take off my mom hat to put on the psych hat. But as I was telling a teacher this week it's only day 3 see if he settles down with time, I realized it's only day day 3 for my son as well. I gave his teacher some sensory stuff and we are working on whole body listening (since it is a bit issue everywhere) and I'm just giving him some extra love through this difficult transition. He's super excited to be at school and I want this to be a positive experience.

Aww, Krissie, my background is school psychology as well. I work in hospital settings as a pediatric psychologist now, but small world! I feel you. It's very hard to navigate the mom versus child psych roles. I really hope your little one feels more settled and adjusted soon!

I am so antsy wanting to test again! Going to try to wait til the morning but no promises. Lol. Really hope it's the real deal now that I've got my emotions invested in it happening.

Just hopped on Amazon and ordered an "I'm a Big Brother" board book (and some FRERs, lol), and once I feel like I truly know for sure, I'll "reveal" to my husband by having our son give him this book to read and see if he catches on. Our 15 month old just bounces back and forth between the two of us wanting to read books (usually the same one or two) over and over and over. We'll usually read it a few times then send him to the other parent with the book, lol. I think it'll be a cute way to tell him.

That is such a cute way to tell DH!! We gave our son Daniel Tiger's big brother book and used that to announce to his parents. I was surprised how slow they were. :haha: I wish I had done something fun with DD but to be honest it was so unexpected and we weren't all that excited at the time. I think we had finally grieved never having a second child and had decided all the positives for having an only child that we were trying to accept it. It was funny the night I went to get admitted to have her we went out by ourselves to dinner and chatted and it was funny how both of us had those feelings but now that she was almost here we were both excited and happy it happened.

That is really interesting you have a background in school psychology. I don't meet to many in my area because it is so hard to find people. I have toyed some with going back to get a PhD and pursuing neuropsychology but right now I am kinda stuck in the public education sector. I want to get my loans paid off and where I live we have an amazing public employee retirement system so it is hard to give that up as it would ensure I could retire as early as 56 and have an income until I die (or even until my husband dies if he lives past me).

Miracle worker - that sounds like a very very rough time. Congrats on your pregnancy. Really hope this one goes smoother.

Doc - we need some pictures!!!! Lol i need some sticks to obsess over

Krissie - I wish I would have done a cute announcement with this pregnancy but honestly I just got too lazy lol. It’s not fair that your sons teacher isn’t giving much time for him to adjust. I went to my friends daughters preschool class last year and was blow away by how much it was like kindergarten instead of what I remembered preschool being. I don’t know how they expect 3-4 year olds to sit still for so long or follow so many directions. Hopefully with some time he adjusts well.

Afm- so far this month I’ve maintained my weight (depending on the scale lost a few pounds lol) fingers crossed I can keep up the better eating for the rest of this pregnancy. My dr approved a calorie and carb “restricted” diet for me and helped me plan it out. If I end up with GD again I can cut back a few more carbs.

Swimmy, I would be thrilled for you guys to weigh in on my faint tests! Every wondfo I take has some line but they’re not getting darker really, and still super faint, so I wonder if this will be a chemical. Wouldn’t know as I’ve never known if I’ve had one or not. I know it’s really early so I’m trying not to be in my head about it.

I’m attaching last night’s and his morning’s tests. Might be hard to see on the photo but it’s definitely visible in person.

Attachments

• 78B188C9-41C0-4762-A629-292318175000.jpg
    78B188C9-41C0-4762-A629-292318175000.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 524387FE-3E7C-4E65-9BE1-72097444D5C9.jpg
    524387FE-3E7C-4E65-9BE1-72097444D5C9.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 12
Wondfo are hard to see progression. I've seen too many posts about them not getting darker but the pregnancies go on to be successful. Ftx this is it for you!

Thanks, Krissie, that's a little reassuring. I hope this is it too. With my son I got a very early BFP as well but they darkened daily, so that was my expectation with this too, even though that's probably not the standard experience each time. Hopefully tomorrow morning's looks a little more obvious.

Because of all of these very very faint lines on like 10 tests now, I'm attached to the idea that this is it, so will be a bit disappointed if it does indeed turn out to be chemical.

Oh, and I meant to respond (but I'm in potential-baby haze), I think a transition to neuropsych is a totally fluid and reasonable one for a school psych and I'm in the camp of going for it... but I also am antidebt and would never want to look at another student loan again now that they're gone, so I don't blame you for being hesitant!

Swimmy- his preschool is very much academic focused. They said most kids will know their letter names and sounds, reading beginning readers, how to spell their names, and identify 1-20 and count to 20. There were some other things but those are the thing Christian doesn't currently do independently. So it is definitely more school like and less play like. I thought with that academic part only being in the mornings and the afternoon being more play he would do okay. I just hope that he settles down soon. He is very bright and the teachers have told me that when they use pictures and less words he is often the first to complete the tasks and is very bright, but they are worried about his language processing. Which to be honest I have been too. So there might be something else contributing as well, or it could just be he is a 4 year old little boy that loves to explore and play.

MissDoc- thanks, I think it would seem like a good transition. But like you I am pretty anit-debt right now. So if I go back I will likely look for a funded program. That will likely mean a move out of state so I am not sure if I can get DH on board for that. :haha:

Krissie, it’s so hard to tell at that age! At least he has the very best mama to support him if he is experiencing any setbacks.

So, I peed on more sticks this evening. Two more positive wondfos but frer has maybe barely there squinter. Please tell me you guys can see these lines on the wondfos! No idea why it flipped the photo and is showing them vertically... a little harder to see that way, and I don’t know how fix it. It isn’t flipped when I upload it. But I think if you open the full size pic it’s still fairly visible.

Attachments

• E4822310-E465-4E79-938D-A5D58B64EB10.jpg
    E4822310-E465-4E79-938D-A5D58B64EB10.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 795CBC69-72F6-4638-9B91-3DD4E1DE5B13.jpeg
    795CBC69-72F6-4638-9B91-3DD4E1DE5B13.jpeg
    19.3 KB · Views: 8
I can totally see it on them. In fact it looks quite a bit easier to see on those vs the ones from earlier..

Thanks Krissie! I thought so too. But this morning the lines are lighter and I’m having pink/brown spotting, so it’s hard not to think chemical. I’ll try again tonight as all of my evening tests have been more noticeable than FMU.

Well darn. Tests keep showing faint positives but spotting is getting heavier and more red, so I think this one isn’t sticking. ��

I guess that gives me at least another cycle to lose a few more lbs and focus on health. Hopefully this early loss doesn’t throw off my cycle.

Well darn. Tests keep showing faint positives but spotting is getting heavier and more red, so I think this one isn’t sticking. ��

I guess that gives me at least another cycle to lose a few more lbs and focus on health. Hopefully this early loss doesn’t throw off my cycle.

i am so sorry for the loss, but as you said another opportunity to loose weight and focus on health also another chance to try again :hugs:

Wow, so much to catch up on!

MissDoc - Aww, so sorry to see that chemical! :( I was so excited seeing those faint lines!

Miracle - Wow, what a hectic pregnancy! I hope this one is much better for you! With my morning sickness, for a long time all I could stomach was fruit popsicles. I lost quite a bit of weight due to the severity of it, even with medication! I hope yours passes soon!

Krissie - Not sure how a preschool could expect a kid to behave perfectly without any prior group schooling experiences. I'm sure things will improve as he gets accustomed to the new setting! :)

AFM - Been a busy week. DD is taking better naps once in a while, which means I'm able to get more done around the house. It makes me feel better about myself because beforehand, the place was a disaster, and DH would come home from work and add to the mess! Ugh. So I've been spending most of my free time cleaning, rearranging, painting, etc. whenever possible. We finally have new blinds up in my kitchen (the old ones were original to the house, brown, see-through, ugly pieces of junk!), I'm getting my living room in order, etc. We've been in the house about a year now, and it's finally starting to look like some adults live here, instead of a college dorm with the bare minimum of furniture and bare white walls. haha

In terms of weight loss... I started the Keto diet a week ago. I was already doing low carb, but this diet adds healthy fats to the meal plan to help you feel full rather than making you starve the whole time. So far it's going well. I seem to have lost one pound of body weight, which I'm happy about! I'd like to bump that up to 2lbs a week if possible, but I'll take what I can get right now. After this next week of the diet plan, I'm going to add in a little bit of a workout. Some cardio to start (dancing around the house with DD, doing some Mommy & Me videos or something), and then strength training later. FX'd it works! It's going to take me a couple of years to reach my goal at this rate, but better late than never!

EDIT: P.S. Gwen has outgrown her bassinet, so we've started trying 1 or 2 naps in the Pack & Play next to my bed instead. It takes her a while to get to sleep, but improving every day! I'm waiting til she's at least 6mos old AND can easily roll from tummy to back (she can do it, but struggles sometimes) before I move her to her crib in her room. So the Pack & Play is a perfect transitional bed for her right now. :)

Good evening,

I am not ttc but currently wanting to lose weight...just did not know if I could join in :)

Doc I’m so sorry :( I was totally hopeful over those lines. Maybe next month will be a sticky bean.

Irym- 2lbs a week is a great goal! I like the mommy and me fit videos. Lizzy pretty much just jumps on me and around while it does on but its a good work out.

Hunni- welcome! What are you trying for weight loss?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->