Getting Fit Before Baby

IRYM- I am so sorry to hear of your M/C. It breaks your spirit, or it did mine, but I agree the worst part was not knowing how it would go. Hope the physical part isn't too hard for you. My M/C was a blighted ovum & I waited to M/C naturally. Heavy cramps & a few days of heavy bleeding with clots & tissue, but nothing like labor pains for me....

In other news, I have gained back those same dang 3 pounds over the last 2 weeks!!!! I've been eating whatever & cheating on tracking :( Got a meeting with the trainer this morning...ugh....Sometimes I just want to give up & quit! I am so tired physically ALL THE TIME! :cry:

IRYM- sorry for the rollercoaster of emotions you're going through with this! Geez, I can't even imagine. One good thing to take away from this is that now they know you're rh negative and can give you a rhogam shot, lord forbid you should become sensitized otherwise! I am B- and I honestly didn't know until my 28 wk appt where I had to get blood drawn AND get a shot to the butt of rhogam. Luckily, I didn't have any situations where I could have been sensitized, but there are risks always and it's better to know and get that shot so that the next little bean you have in there is safe.

Cupcake- ugh those three stinkin' pounds. How frustrating. My body likes to get at a happy weight it wants to be at and stay there pretty much no matter what, it drives me crazy so I feel you. Right now I'm trying to stay positive about my thigh size and my cellulite increase. UGH. It's all for baby, right?! On the bright side, I can't always see my thighs beyond my bump so that's good.

Keep chins up ladies, fitness and ttc are both emotionally taxing journeys and especially when they're coupled, I can imagine there's a lot of extra stress on your shoulders. Try to go easy on yourselves. One thing I've been realizing lately, that I wish I had known during the months leading up to my BFP is that it takes the exact perfect combination of everything to create the baby you're meant to have. Someday when you have little one's you're looking at, all of the months of trying will be worth it knowing that if it had happened any sooner, they wouldn't be them.

Hey hun how have you been doing? been worried about you.

Have you ever had a +opk a few days after you ovulated?

I've been hanging in there. Some pretty bad cramping the first night, but that's about it. Also a lot less flow than I expected for a miscarriage (it's way less than a normal AF, even) and it makes me wonder if my problem had something to do with not having a thick enough lining in there to support a baby...?

The OB says not to go back to TTC for at least two months, so I guess in the meantime I'm going to need to go back to working on losing some weight.

Some other blood tests I had done revealed that my testosterone levels are elevated, which is probably what's causing a lot of my physical problems, like skin and hair issues, weight gain and energy levels.

I have to do some follow up tests on that front in a couple of weeks. DH and I are looking into the weight loss programs my doctor's office offers. It's essentially a medically supervised, low calorie diet & support program similar to the Medifast products. It's for people who have 40+ pounds to lose, but it's not covered by insurance so if we wanted to do it, we'd have to pay out of pocket.

They say you can lose up to 3 pounds a week this way, and are in no danger of losing muscle mass while you're on the diet, due to the formulation of the meals. I'm still looking into it, but it might be better to just get the weight OFF and then worry about maintaining it, so that I can help my body get back to its normal cycles and have an easier pregnancy when I finally do get my sticky bean.

Since it's medically supervised, I might have more luck with it than with the diets I've tried by myself, AND if I follow their instructions to the letter and somehow don't lose weight after all that, they'll know there's a bigger, underlying issue and we can move to correct it.

The plan sounds intriguing! How expensive is it? I know some are quite pricey, but if they work I guess it'd be well worth it!

I've decided my new trainer is trying to kill me lol cut back my gym time to 3 days a week, but increased my time & weights....ugh also had me start calorie counting instead of WW.....which is a nice change :)

IRYM - Just want to say how heartbroken I am for you but also positively inspired by the way you are handling the loss. You are such a strong lady and SUCH a motivation with your positive attitude hun. I really hope that all your dreams may come true one by one. xxxx

All the other ladies - hugs, keep on going strong with that weight loss, thinking of you all!

HUGS ***

Definatly sounds like an interesting program. I need to get back to making good health choices I was doing so well before my wedding but the last 2 months I haven't :( thank you hun for inspiring me to get back to working out and eating right! (Will say it doesn't help that my DH eats junk food like crazy and doesn't gain a pound grrr)

swimmyjHave you ever had a +opk a few days after you ovulated?[/QUOTE said:
Just realized I forgot to answer this one. I generally stop using OPKs after confirmed ovulation with a temp shift. So sometimes I get two or three in a row, but then I stop once I see the BBT rise and stay elevated. I don't use them in the TWW at all.

The plan sounds intriguing! How expensive is it? I know some are quite pricey, but if they work I guess it'd be well worth it!

I've decided my new trainer is trying to kill me lol cut back my gym time to 3 days a week, but increased my time & weights....ugh also had me start calorie counting instead of WW.....which is a nice change :)

I don't yet know what it costs. I imagine it's pretty pricey, too. DH wants to join me if I do decide to check it out, so we could be spending quite a lot of money. On the other hand, if I was able to lose 40+ pounds relatively quickly, I think it might be worth it...

I've never tried the WW plan. My mom did when I was a kid, and I imagine the plan is very similar to what they do today, but personally I've always done calorie counting. I like it better, because I can include a wider variety of foods in my diet than some other plans allow. Let me know how it works for you!

IRYM - Just want to say how heartbroken I am for you but also positively inspired by the way you are handling the loss. You are such a strong lady and SUCH a motivation with your positive attitude hun. I really hope that all your dreams may come true one by one. xxxx

Aww, thank you! :hugs: That's so sweet of you to say. I really don't know how to react to those sorts of comments, though.. :blush: I'm happy I could help to motivate you!

Definatly sounds like an interesting program. I need to get back to making good health choices I was doing so well before my wedding but the last 2 months I haven't :( thank you hun for inspiring me to get back to working out and eating right! (Will say it doesn't help that my DH eats junk food like crazy and doesn't gain a pound grrr)

It's hard to stick to the plan sometimes! I know that when I go months with eating right and exercising and I don't see any progress, it makes me feel like I'm doing all the hard work for NOTHING and I can't understand why I bother. I fall off the wagon a lot.. but the important thing is getting right back on it as soon as you can! :hugs:

My labs came back with very low progesterone so it doesn't look like I even ovulated this month even though my temp chart seems to look like I did. :( going to start on progesterone next cycle and keep trying. Going up north next week and gonna bike and kayak like crazy (and not eat marshmallows at the bonfires lol)

My labs came back with very low progesterone so it doesn't look like I even ovulated this month even though my temp chart seems to look like I did. :( going to start on progesterone next cycle and keep trying. Going up north next week and gonna bike and kayak like crazy (and not eat marshmallows at the bonfires lol)

Oo have fun! The best kinds of exercise are those you do because you enjoy them, not because you have to! Don't forget to drink lots of water!

How frustrating Swimmy! I was just thinking yesterday, when af showed up right on time, how I don't even get that false hope of a bfp anymore since she's so punctual! lol I don't have issues with ovulation though, but dh has crap for sperm & I have short ineffective tubes after my reversal....so no reason to hold out hope each cycle....*sigh....I do have crazy fantasies about being one of "those" women who get a bfp/thb with only like a 1% chance! A girl can dream right???

I'm liking the calorie counting so far! So much simpler to figure out lol

Hosting a slip n slide fun day for the kiddos from church today! God be with us all!

I do have crazy fantasies about being one of "those" women who get a bfp/thb with only like a 1% chance! A girl can dream right???

A long-time friend of mine was told she'd never get pregnant after years of issues with her cycle, weight, etc. They were so certain she wouldn't get pregnant, they told her she didn't even need to bother with birth control pills because they were a waste of money. So she stopped taking the pills, eventually came to terms with the fact that she'd never have the big family she wanted, and went about her life as usual for several years.

Well, this weekend is her baby shower. She's about 31 weeks pregnant with a boy!

So try not to lose hope. I know that's easier said than done, but really -- if my friend got pregnant when they told her there was ZERO chance, then I think you'll get there! :hugs:

Well this is random I got a bfp today, I even took a digital and its for sure. I called my doctor and she said we can see what happens but with my progesterone only being 1.73 I probably will start bleeding in a few days even if I started taking progesterone now. Im gonna let this one go she is confident that with starting the progesterone next cycle and my DHs swimmers apparently doing better from his meds we should be pregnant within a year. Fingers crossed!

I will definatly bring lots of water on my adventures, I do have a life straw I've never used it but carry it on me just incase

Swimmy!- I'm hoping she put you on Progesterone anyways & is wrong about it not working out!

Well this is random I got a bfp today, I even took a digital and its for sure. I called my doctor and she said we can see what happens but with my progesterone only being 1.73 I probably will start bleeding in a few days even if I started taking progesterone now. Im gonna let this one go she is confident that with starting the progesterone next cycle and my DHs swimmers apparently doing better from his meds we should be pregnant within a year. Fingers crossed!

I will definatly bring lots of water on my adventures, I do have a life straw I've never used it but carry it on me just incase

Swimmy!- I'm hoping she put you on Progesterone anyways & is wrong about it not working out!

Yeah!

It's not over til it's over! Don't let her talk you out of trying to hang on to that little bean! GL!

:dust:

My line didn't get any darker this morning, and when I took another one this afternoon it was fading already. so she's probably right its just a chemical (if I wouldn't have tested I would never know lol). I'm just going to stick to the positive and if I still have had no AF when i get back from vacation next monday I'll give her a call again.

Swimmy -- Aaawwww. What a bummer. But it sounds like your DH's meds are starting to do the trick! I bet you'll get another BFP soon!

As for meeeee...

Just got back from another blood draw at the lab. My arms are so full of holes and bruises (Seriously, I've had nasty bruises in the crook of both elbows since July 3rd and they're taking their sweet time healing!) that the technician looked at them and went, "Holy crap!" She decided to draw blood from yet another spot on my forearm instead. I feel like a pincushion! Hah

We're hoping to see that my HCG went back to 0 so that I can continue my MC recovery and get back to TTC soon.

I had a dream last night, though, that my levels had rocketed into the thousands, and that I was still pregnant after the miscarriage. I woke up thinking, "Wtf is wrong with you, brain!?" lol

Sorry, swimmy :(

IRYM-Hope your levels drop quickly, mine took there sweet time even though they only got up to the 1800s....

AFM-I realized I have been doing a crappy job with keeping up with reporting my weights lol, but I lost 4 pounds this week!!!!!:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance: I'm Really liking Calorie counting so far! Hoping to see a steady decline this week too. In other news it's HOT here! Like 105 heat index....I did get half the front yard push mowed, but am now for a mandatory cool down lol Goint to the gym Tues, Thurs & Sat. this week....

Cupcake, where are you located? It's been super hot and humid here too.

Sorry, swimmy :(

IRYM-Hope your levels drop quickly, mine took there sweet time even though they only got up to the 1800s....

AFM-I realized I have been doing a crappy job with keeping up with reporting my weights lol, but I lost 4 pounds this week!!!!!:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance: I'm Really liking Calorie counting so far! Hoping to see a steady decline this week too. In other news it's HOT here! Like 105 heat index....I did get half the front yard push mowed, but am now for a mandatory cool down lol Goint to the gym Tues, Thurs & Sat. this week....

Mine only got up to 220. lol... It's been over a week and my levels still aren't at zero. I don't know how long that's supposed to take! :dohh:

Hot weather is the WORST. We hit 115° over Independence Day weekend and I got the worst sunburn of my life, even WITH sunblock (and reapplying every two hours!). It's currently at the 'peeling' stage and driving me bonkers. Everything itches! lol

I hope things cool down for you soon! I always feel like I can't get ANYTHING done in that kind of heat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->