Getting Fit Before Baby

Hi ladies

Busy busy busy here, no time for ttc! I've lost about 2 kg but can't figure out how to update my ticker.... so I've deleted it from my siggie for now lol.

Hugs and good (slimming) wishes to you all x

Hi ladies, sorry I've been MIA! Thought I'd take a quick minute to check in.

I've been staying off the boards as things keep disrupting our TTC plans. But on the weight loss and health front, I'm doing well. I'm done another few lbs and I'm on a roll. Exercising 5+ times a week, drinking over 100 oz water daily, eating well generally. Feeling good about that progress. Feeling bummed about continuing to put off TTC though. I'm thinking when all is said and done, legitimate trying probably won't happen until 2016. We'll see though.

Good to hear from you gals. :)

Good job on the weight loss and healthy habits! Keep 'em up!

As for me, I'm waiting for some of my health foods to arrive in the mail today or tomorrow. Unfortunately they weren't available to be picked up locally, so I hope they arrive in good condition. It's been so hot here the past few days, I worry that anything sent in the mail would arrive melted. Haha.

If the food doesn't arrive until tomorrow, that means we won't be able to start the new diet plan until Thursday, and that might not be the best time since I'm having family come down over the weekend and we'd need to accommodate THEIR food needs as well.... We'll see.

In the mean time I've been eating light breakfasts and lunches sort of in preparation of this new diet so that it's not a big shock for me. Drinking lots of water (aiming for at least 2 liters a day, but ideally 3 liters) too.

Congrats on the losses! My trainer wants me to drink 100-120oz of water daily, which is virtually impossible since I'm a Home Health nurse & in my car most of the day! I did it for a few days, but about peed myself between available bathrooms! lol I am drinking more, but usually only 3-4 bottles/day IF I get that in...ugh!

lol I didn't know you were a nurse. so am I haha, hats off to you doing home health care I don't think I could do that.

I wish I could drink that much water I get to about 1 1.5L and have to pee like crazy lol

You do get used to drinking lots of water, it just takes time.

It was really difficult at first for me, too, but then your body adjusts to having plenty of water to work with and you start to crave it after a while. I start first thing in the morning, with at least one tall glass of water before I've even had my breakfast.

On really warm days I can drink 3 or more liters of water, and I've heard of people that drink a gallon or more a day! Yes, you do have to go to the bathroom more often, but it helps with digestion, skin moisture, energy levels, and it flushes the bad stuff from your system, too!

Im gonna try it, cant hurt. I can always tell when I haven't drank enough water. I get bad headaches and just feel dizzy. Tonight at work i have been drinking lots and lots of water I have 2 L down. Bet i'm gonna be sorry when I'm trying to sleep hahaha

I've been doing home care for the last 14 years :/ After yesterday, I CAN'T wait to get our thb so I can quit my job & be a SAHM!!!! Honestly it's usually pretty good, but I guess I'm getting burnt out. All the new Medicare/Ins. regs make it impossible to take care of my patients the way they need to be.....frustrating!

thats a long time to be doing home health care! lol I wish i could be a SAHM when we finally have kids but no way thats gonna happen. Honestly he probably would end up being a SAHD instead. I can't believe how many people are being seen now a days. No joke pt came into the ER after having surgery took 2 norco's pain didn't go to a 0 so they called 911 ....... :dohh:
How many pts do you see in a day?

5-10....my ideal # is 6 lol but right now we have a nurse out gone o Italy, another had an appendectomy a week ago. An RN quit last week, so we are running a skeleton crew lol

We have a a lot of nurses in this group! I'm a labor and delivery nurse
:)

I did a little L&D YEARS ago, but mostly did NN :) Got to transition the new babe's, Got to do all the fun stuff without a crazy preggo lady yelling at me lol It was fun! I would do 24 hour call & just go in for deliveries.....

Well gee, now I feel left out. :p

I'm an artist, and I have minor to moderate skills in a number of artistic areas, including graphic design, Flash animation, website design, digital & traditional paintings, etc.

I'm lucky enough to be able to work from home, trying to make a living doing what I love. DH is a software engineer who works for a large insurance company here in town and dabbles in smartphone apps when he has free time.

Our jobs have us sitting at desks all day though, and that's part of why weight loss is difficult for us. Since we can't work if we're not at the PC, we can't simply 'add more steps to your routine every day' like I used to do when I was in retail management. Back then, I could walk laps around my store while I worked, using that time to make sure things were clean, customers were tended to, and signage was correct. I bet I walked at least a couple of extra miles every day by doing that.

Now, though, since I work by commission, I can't just be taking random breaks on my work since there are generally deadlines to adhere to. I set business hours for myself, though, so any time outside of those hours is my personal time, and I can exercise (or not) as I choose. It's just not enough I guess.

Cupcake, even if you only came in for deliveries on my unit, you'd be there the whole shift. We do 10-20 deliveries a day. :) Yesterday we had a 31 weeker come in at 10 centimeters and breech so I had to scrub in and do a stat c section with a T uterine incision. Anesthesia almost didn't make it and the dr wanted to do it under local...so glad that didn't happen. Talk about an adrenaline rush! Fortunately I had a simple vaginal delivery of a 9 lb 7oz baby a few hours later to round out my shift. Always a good time. :)

Wow. I did work some regularly scheduled shifts. One one than more occasion I would hook mom up to the monitors for obs, while normal L&D nurse was on her way in. A few times I got to ride to the OR with my hand in a uterus due to a cord prolapse....not my idea of a good time! Of course, there were times the Dr. drove too slow & I got to do the whole nine yards too! Thankfully the few deliveries I did were easy as pie.....stand there & catch pretty much lol...never did get a cut of the delivery fee though??? Lmbo

Needless to say I worked at a small country hospital...maybe 80-100 deliveries a year if that....they closed the ob unit down a couple years after I quit :(

ireadyermind - hats off to you I admit i am not computer savey at all lol. Very envious that you get to set your own ours but idk if I would be able to disciplined enough to get stuff done hahaha. Have you ever had an exercise ball to sit on instead of a chair? We have a few computers set up with those at work and I really like having to use my core muscles while charting.

Random but this clomid has me feeling so light headed and "ditzy" thank goodness only 2 more days of pills.

Wow. I did work some regularly scheduled shifts. One one than more occasion I would hook mom up to the monitors for obs, while normal L&D nurse was on her way in. A few times I got to ride to the OR with my hand in a uterus due to a cord prolapse....not my idea of a good time! Of course, there were times the Dr. drove too slow & I got to do the whole nine yards too! Thankfully the few deliveries I did were easy as pie.....stand there & catch pretty much lol...never did get a cut of the delivery fee though??? Lmbo

Right?!? I think we should get the $$ for doing the delivery! :)

ireadyermind - hats off to you I admit i am not computer savey at all lol. Very envious that you get to set your own ours but idk if I would be able to disciplined enough to get stuff done hahaha. Have you ever had an exercise ball to sit on instead of a chair? We have a few computers set up with those at work and I really like having to use my core muscles while charting.

When I have commissions lined up, I'm very disciplined. I have alarms set on my phone to keep me on a schedule, I send end-of-day progress reports to the customer, and I 'clock out', so to speak, at 5:30pm every evening to get dinner started and housework done.

On the flip side, when I don't have any commissions lined up, and I set to work on things of my own choosing (mostly intended to help improve my skills or expand my portfolio), I'm terrible at being disciplined. lol. I've had a drawing in progress for weeks now that would normally take two or three days if someone were paying me to do it. Ha ha

You can see one of my personal works attached to the post, one I made when I didn't have any commissions to work on, but still wanted to create something to keep my skills up to par (or improve them! I always aim for improvement. :) )

As for the exercise ball thing... I've tried it before, but for the number of hours I'm at the computer, and the work I'm doing, it's not always ideal. I try to get up and stretch every couple of hours so that I'm not getting stiff and achy, but there are times when I'm so absorbed in a painting, five hours fly by and I realize I haven't moved from my seat even once to get a drink, food, or use the restroom. >.>

The exercise balls don't have armrests to help support my arms when I'm drawing with my tablet, for example, or for when I'm using the mouse. That puts crazy strain on my arms and I end up with tendinitis in my wrists and elbows after too long sitting like that. So an unplanned 5 hour stretch of drawing and mouse usage would KILL me! :dohh:

Attachments

• PointyHat_MarilynMonroe_wNoise2_Bandbupload.jpg
    PointyHat_MarilynMonroe_wNoise2_Bandbupload.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 1
Kudos IRYM! I only know enough about my PC to be dangerous! lol As for me, no loss this week, but I did get a strained muscle in my back(thanks dh) & had hot fudge cake! lmbo....Hot fudge is the devil!

Holy cow you drew that!!! That's amazing! Lol and to think I've been trying to draw this tattoo i want and it's a super simple little thing and can't even seem to get that right hahaha

I've gained back 2 this week ugh DH has been offering to take me out too much lol so my food choices have been way to many burgers and fries.

I've slacked off at they gym :( Only made it once last week ugh....DH work schedule changed & we haven't been having to get up til 6am, which apparently is all it took to get me to stay in bed....Honestly I have done terrible for July. Feel like I'm fighting a losing battle at times. I mean I lost a crap load before, which I don't remember being tired ALL the time or hurting as much then! My hip hasn't been right since our 4th of July party, it gets sore & achy alot. I did push mow the front yard yesterday & plan to do back today, though, but had to I use Icy Hot & a rice bag at bed last night! Aroma of "Old Lady" lol I'm up today, trying to talk myself into to going to the gym, but I'm lazy, sore & know I'm mowing this evening, so it's not really going to happen :/ DH wants me to make a Dr. appt, but I figure its nothing serious, probably a strain or sciatica flare up since it doesn't seem to be getting too much worse if I take it easy....I think my old body just needs a break! Planning to stick with my eating plan this week, but will probably just do mowing & yard/house stuff this week...Hoping to do better in August :*(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->