Getting Fit Before Baby

I agree with ireadyermind, spotting is still common in the first trimester. Don't lose hope yet!!

I was tested for blood sugar and such a while back and was fine so I'm not sure...maybe just a really bad diet for my system.

Keep up with the weight loss everyone! :)

Should get 1st beta back today. Having dull achey cramps & red spotting when I wipe...started progesterone last night. Praying for the best & hoping we are one of those stories of success, even with cramps/bleeding....either way what will be, will be.....

Dr. called HCG-16 & Progesterone a measley 0.9! I am so sad & devastated. He wants me to pick up a new rx for P & come back in for re-draw on Monday. UGH Bleeding has picked up, I'm sure its over. My heart hurts & I just don't understand why we have been blessed unexpectedly with a bfp only to have our hearts ripped out again. I'll update officially on Monday, but for now this feels like our 2nd Angel:cry:

Im so sorry that is just so devastating :cry:

Sending lots of hugs your way :hugs: Do you think they will start you on progesterone now after ovulation just to be safe?

AFM - not feeling hopeful this cycle didn't get to bd on ovulation day only day before so we will see. :shrug: going on another kayaking trip for 5 days leaving Wednesday hope it puts me back in a better mood (and keeps me away from eating brownies sense i ate almost 1/2 a tin in 2 days :growlmad:)

Swimmy- I have a 60 day supply on hand now with refills! Dh & I talked today & since we did get a bfp, I think we will do 2-3 cycles of clomid in the fall & dh is agreeable to try clomid to increase his counts if MD thinks it will help. So that will be our "hail Mary" before ivf in the spring. My test is almost negative today, so I'm sure it will be 0 by Monday. Heavy flow too. Not as emotional today just ready to stop P & get back to the gym & over being lazy lol

Hi ladies

First of all I just want to say - cupcake I'm SO sorry for your heartache hun. And like the other ladies on this thread who have struggled with the same issue recently, you are handling it with such a great attitude. Sending you massive virtual hugs hun.

Looking forward to seeing everyone's weight drop this week!

Despite eating junk food and bread all the time, my weight has dropped a bit and remained stationary thank heavens. I suppose it's because we are working hard physically in all our spare time renovating and cleaning the new house.

In other news: I'm having the weirdest cycle. (Well no, last cycle with the non-rising temps despite perfect 7dpo bloods, kinda positive hpts and AF 2 days late was the WEIRDEST!) OK so DH and I have been preventing this cycle by not DTD at all in my fertile week. And also whenever we did bd it was with a lube with known strong anti-sperm properties. AF is due around Tuesday or Wednesday if I go with my average cycle length.
TMI ALERT: So on Friday, about 5 days before AF is due, I had very noticeable brown discharge whenever I wiped. It petered out on Saturday.
*Now I've noted "spotting" on my charts for the last 2 days before AF every cycle since I started charting; but that was always light pink tinted CM, only visible when I actually checked CM. No mid-LP brown spotting/discharge. Even the months when I got excited and thought it was IB, it was always just pinkish CM when I checked.*
Any other month I would think that this was implantation bleeding (of course!!) but I guess it's just another unexplained cycle defect? If I actually conceived after preventing this cycle I will just fall over laughing.

Have a good week ladies. In RSA spring is around the corner. Leaves and flowers are budding on the trees and the weather is heating up. Sending spring vibes to you all. :hugs::flower:

cupcakestoy - i wish my husbands doctor would give him clomid. What kind of doctor is he seeing that they agreed??

Actually my on lol he's our PCP. Ordered his SA, then talked to a urologist buddy about dh & that was his recommendation...

*Now I've noted "spotting" on my charts for the last 2 days before AF every cycle since I started charting; but that was always light pink tinted CM, only visible when I actually checked CM. No mid-LP brown spotting/discharge. Even the months when I got excited and thought it was IB, it was always just pinkish CM when I checked.*

Any other month I would think that this was implantation bleeding (of course!!) but I guess it's just another unexplained cycle defect? If I actually conceived after preventing this cycle I will just fall over laughing.

This is just a stab in the dark, but -- Maybe something to do with the lube you guys used? If any of it remained inside when the actual spotting started, it could have either held the blood IN there or caused a reaction with it that turned it brown.

Just for an example (not that I think there's any of this IN there), hydrogen peroxide turns blood brown when it comes into contact with it. I'm sure it's not the only chemical that could cause a reaction like that. So maybe something in the lube lingered long enough to cause that?

Went in for repeat beta today......which was pointless :/ The nurse was so sweet & tried to give me hope that all is well, which I know I lost the pregnancy, but it was a nice gesture on her part. To soothe myself I got in some retail therapy & hit the gym Where I discovered the cause of my hip pain....ugh the Elliptical I love it, but guess I am doomed to find new equipment to work with. Back on track with my eating plan, since I had gotten lazy the last 2 weeks. It felt GOOD to sweat out some frustration today!

cupcakestoy - I'm sorry :( i hate when nurses give false hope, I know they are just trying to be helpful but i always makes me feel worse.

Elliptical's can be evil on hips, i was very graceful one time and fell off of one once .... loved having that happen at the gym lol at least it was 2 am so there wasn't many people around. Working out always makes me feel better. I need to get a jump start on eating right again. Hoping when I leave Wednesday for my trip i'll be eating a lot of trail nuts and dehydrated fruit for 5 days will get me off eating chips lol. Unless my brothers gf has her way and we go out to eat all the time :dohh:

I'm sorry to hear about your loss cupcake, but I am thankful you're taking it well.

This past week for me has been a mess. I found a dog on the highway and picked it up and attempted taking it to the shelter and they knew EXACTLY who it belonged to. They said the owner abuses her but they legally can't take her away. Long story short I have a new dog...her name is Goldie. With that being said I haven't focused on my weight AT ALL this week and totally forgot to weigh today. Deciding whether to weigh tomorrow or just wait another week.

Hi ladies

PMS eating, expecting AF tomorrow or so. Diet will have to restart this weekend!!

I still have no idea why I had this weird mid-LP day and a half of abundant brown spotting (sorry for the tmi lol). It could be from anything I guess including the lubricant? (Although DH &I have been using it for the 5 years since we've been together, except when ttc around O time, since it's much less expensive than preseed! And haven't had this happen before.) If we had been ttc I would have immediately thought IB since it seemed exactly like what Dr Google describes IB as! But it couldn't have been. My progesterone levels are great so I guess the spotting will just remain a mystery.

Anyways - congrats on the new fur baby Ursaula! What a wonderful thing you did in that poor dog's life. You are my hero for the day!

Swimmy - enjoy the trip tomorrow! Hope it takes your mind off the tww.

IRYM - are you guys ttc this cycle? How is the weight loss going with the new food?

Cupcake - how are you coping hun?

xxxx hugs to you all! :hugs:

IRYM - are you guys ttc this cycle? How is the weight loss going with the new food?

Nope, not TTC this cycle (as you can see from my chart.. lol. We have been DTD but since we're preventing this month I haven't marked it all down) because my OB said to wait a month.

I decided that I was going to use that month to start the new diet and lose as much weight as I could while waiting for my next BFP.

This has been another loooong cycle (Ovulation appears to have happened on CD33 again, ugh!) so I suppose we'll go back to TTC next cycle. If it takes me 30 days to ovulate I could be losing more weight during that time!

I weighed in today (a day early for my new plan, a day late for this board.. lol) and I'm down 3 pounds since last week's weigh-in, even though I ate junk food for dinner two days in a row! That brings my new total to 5 pounds in 3 weeks. I'm pretty stoked!

Since I plan on doing a better job with my eating habits this week (only ONE cheat dinner, thankyouverymuch... lol) I hope to lose at least another 2 pounds in the coming week to bring my first month's total to 7 or 8 pounds lost.

I wanted to lose 30 pounds before I got my first BFP, which didn't happen. But maybe now I can lose it before my NEXT one. The better I do on this diet and curbing my junk food intake, the faster I can reach that goal.

Well girls, I had my repeat beta Monday....After all the bleeding & clotting & cramping & a P level of 0.9 I KNEW I had miscarried again. Didn't get the call until this morning that my HCG actually went up to 47???? I actually argued with the nurse that there is NO way I'm still pregnant after the blood bath I had. I am just in complete & utter shock right now. We have grieved this bfp as a loss already. Which with a 61 hour doubling time, along with the initial P level, I'm still not very optimistic to say the least. She had me come in this morning for repeat draw & said if I truly did miscarry then this level should be on its way down & that 61 hours is "ok" doubling time...Just spotted the last 2 days so far, still crampy, still taking the progesterone....*sigh Praying for God's will with this bfp. I do hope if its not viable its not in a tube & ends quickly as we are booked for vacation in 11 days! :dohh: I've googled til my fingers hurt & can't find any stories of such a low P level with a happy ending, so I am guarding my heart & not getting my hopes up....Will update on this craziness tomorrow when I can.......

Well girls, I had my repeat beta Monday....After all the bleeding & clotting & cramping & a P level of 0.9 I KNEW I had miscarried again. Didn't get the call until this morning that my HCG actually went up to 47???? I actually argued with the nurse that there is NO way I'm still pregnant after the blood bath I had. I am just in complete & utter shock right now. We have grieved this bfp as a loss already. Which with a 61 hour doubling time, along with the initial P level, I'm still not very optimistic to say the least. She had me come in this morning for repeat draw & said if I truly did miscarry then this level should be on its way down & that 61 hours is "ok" doubling time...Just spotted the last 2 days so far, still crampy, still taking the progesterone....*sigh Praying for God's will with this bfp. I do hope if its not viable its not in a tube & ends quickly as we are booked for vacation in 11 days! :dohh: I've googled til my fingers hurt & can't find any stories of such a low P level with a happy ending, so I am guarding my heart & not getting my hopes up....Will update on this craziness tomorrow when I can.......

Oh man! FX'd for you!
:dust:

FX'd for the best cupcakestoy!

Thanks Fern81 :) She definitely knows I saved her and is LOVING me for it! She's being just a sweetheart!

What do you gals do when you have a long cycle? I've sort of given up temping because I'm on cd65 (Ever since I was placed on bcp my periods have only lasted half a day IF I have them). I talked to the doctor about seeing an obgyn but I'm still waiting for the referral. I started taking Maca about 3 weeks ago in hopes to start some sort of bleed, but I'm wondering if you gals have any advice/tips on long cycles?

My cycles are always 25-26 days so no advice here, other than metformin maybe to better regulate if you have pcos??
Still waiting on yesterday's results. Not hopeful, but only occasional tanish/light pink spotting now. Hoping if it isn't good news that I'm done bleeding! Ready to move on, not that a Miracle rise in hcg isn't wanted!!!! Pessimistic today :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->