Getting Fit Before Baby

Woohoo! So many BFPs one right after the other! I feel like we're a lucky thread. ;)

Congrats!

Congrats drjo!!

Swimmy and cupcake - how are you ladies doing? Still in limbo?

Ireadyermind - how was the weight loss this past week?

AFM - I'm over the move & comfort eating and back on the diet train!

Mine went up to 179 so I doubled, still very low so still playing the redrawing game. At least that made me feel a little better

Ireadyermind - how was the weight loss this past week?

I think I mentioned somewhere in a previous post: AF screwed me up BIG TIME this month. I gained a TON of water weight and it's still hanging around. I won't know for several more days, maybe even another week, where my weight loss actually is.

Today I resorted to some detox herbal tea (I'm drinking my second cup of it as I write this post), which is supposed to help with bloating, stomach upset and water retention. We'll see what happens.

I won't have my results til Wednesday :/ Hoping for the best, still feeling pregnant....

Cupcake how did your levels come back I've been thinking of you. Sending lots of hugs. Mine came up to 424, still low but doubled again. They want an ultrasound in a week but idk with my levels low I don't want to go in and panic if I can't see anything.

Bleh....only went up 120 to 997 :( redraw tomorrow. No bleeding no pain, still on vacation & trying not to cry each day....

Oh no I'm sorry cupcake :( try and have a good vacation I know that's impossible

Cupcake and swimmy, I hope things turn out well for you both.

Afm, my repeat beta was 645 today at 14/15 dpo. It was 128 on monday. They scheduled my first ultrasound for Sept 15. I'm hoping this pregnancy sticks!

Drjo, fingers crossed! My doctor said I don't need more betas sense they have doubled twice in a row but said I can if I want. I think I will one more time Monday just to see. I still just can't shake this bad feeling I have about it. Probably does not help that my DH told my mother and she has been extreamly negative. Ugh

Goodluck ladies, my hcg dropped to 517 on Friday, so I'm out :( Our miracle turned into a cruel joke. More mad this time than sad.....but back at it after the m/c ends.....ugh I hate this!

Goodluck ladies, my hcg dropped to 517 on Friday, so I'm out :( Our miracle turned into a cruel joke. More mad this time than sad.....but back at it after the m/c ends.....ugh I hate this!

So sorry to hear that cupcake :( hugs to you!

Soooo so so many hugs to you cupcake hun! I agree it's too cruel :(. Wish there was something I could do for you. I am praying especially for PEACE and a tranquil mind. Also that your body may heal ASAP so that you can have a successful pregnancy very soon. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hi everyone

Well with most of you ladies heading for winter I hope we will continue to support each other in this weight loss journey! Over here it's suddenly summer; literally in a week's time it went from cold to summer hot (strappy top and shorts for me today after church!). More ready than ever for my bikini body. However, after a week's strict dieting I actually picked up 2 kg!???

I also have no idea when I will ovulate. I guess things are weird this month because of the hsg. Having said that, my cycles are progressively becoming more absurd the longer I'm off clomid! Maybe I should tackle one of the clomid packs I have left in my cupboard next cycle.... it was so expensive and I might as well.... even though I don't want to ttc anymore my husband still really wants to try so I can't give up yet.

Cupcake I am so sorry that is just so mean! Sending you lots of hugs.

For me it's been the opposite it was so warm now cold the last few days. I'm not ready for winter I always pack on weight :( I say if you have one more pack of clomid might at well use it. I hate when my cycles were all screwy.

Currently im fighting with my DH he can't keep his mouth shut, he keeps telling everyone we are pregnant! It's way to early, plus I just can't knock this bad feeling I have that this isn't going to be viable. IThis sounds horrible but I wouldn't be shocked if I went in Thursday for my ultrasound and was told that. I don't want all of our friends and family to know I've had a miscarrage I get enough pressure already. He just doesn't seem to understand that, I've asked him to stop then I turn around and he has told someone else! Sorry I'm just really upset about it. I actually asked to come into work tonight so I can avoid him :(

Going to have my betas drawn again tomorrow just to see.

So sorry to hear that, cupcake! :( :hugs: It's got to be really rough -- but try not to be too hard on yourself. I know that's easier said than done, but at least you know you still CAN get pregnant without IVF! It's just a matter of working out what will make one stick. :dust:

Swimmy -- I understand where you're coming from. For me, I told 2 close friends and my Mom about the pregnancy and left it at that. I knew that announcing a pregnancy at 5 weeks was WAY too early, because an MC was still a big risk. Turns out I was right, since I MC'd not even a week later. It's so hard to have to tell all those people that you miscarried after the pregnancy is announced. I hope your DH realizes that soon. :hugs:

AFM -- A friend of mine just delivered her baby two days ago. I'm happy for her, but also bitter.

And THEN -- warning, this is a rant coming! --

My middle sister is pregnant AGAIN, with an unplanned 4th child (FYI, all of her pregnancies were unplanned ones)... I've mentioned this before, but now my mother tells me that my sister is refusing any and all prenatal care. She has never had so much as a physical exam from a midwife. The only thing she did at all was to get an official pregnancy test from a clinic so that she can add this child to her welfare/gov't aid plan for the extra money that provides her.

She doesn't know the gender, she doesn't know if it will be a healthy pregnancy, nothing. I'm not sure how she does it; I'd be terrified not knowing! My mom and I were discussing it and we wondered: what if there was some terrible birth defect that they could have detected via ultrasound or blood test, and she is completely unaware of it? Not that she would love a disabled child any less, but she would be able to mentally prepare for it, prepare her home if needs be (for example, if her child was born without a limb?), if she knew about it in advance. Or what if there was a problem that would not allow the child to live without being hooked up to machines, or without major surgery almost immediately after birth? What if it has a problem severe enough that it can't survive after birth, period?

Not to mention, the state of California considers this complete lack of prenatal care to be akin to child neglect/abuse. The last time she had a child without any prenatal care, child protection services was called. Her home and current children were examined/questioned, her friends and family were interrogated, she was added to some kind of watch list... That's all going to happen again this time. It makes me sick.

All of us on this board want children so badly, and we're doing everything we can to better ourselves, ensure we're the healthiest we can be when we do get our BFP... and then there are people like my sister, who are so unconcerned with their unborn child, so neglectful, so thoughtless over it that they don't even make the time to walk into the free clinic for an ultrasound, or bother to even confirm a pregnancy after months of absent periods until she could actually FEEL the baby moving in her womb.

She currently has her 3 boys crammed into a single bedroom in a tiny mobile home, and now she has to make room for a fourth: what if it's a girl? As an infant, it might be okay for the girl to share a room with her brothers, but as she gets older?

At present, she isn't taking any steps toward readying her home (she's due in November), she isn't purchasing baby clothes because she doesn't know the gender...

I just can't wrap my mind around it. I can't!

I'm sorry for the rant, ladies, but it just blows my mind to think about the way she's handling this -- like having one more child isn't any more important than a stray cat living in the crawl space under the house.

Hcg only went to 803 in 4-5 days .... This just sucks! My doctor said to stay on progesterone recheck Wednesday but she said I will probably mc this week. Just not fair! Now because my DH has a big mouth we get to tell people. Sorry I'm just really angry right now. I messaged my mom and she was like it wasn't even a baby don't be so upset. You have lots to be thankful for and should just count those blessings. Ugh I'm just angry

Oh, swimmy, I was hoping this would be your keeper...My dr. says not to lose hope until the number drops, but its not worked out for me either time with a slow riser...*smh Life just isn't fair & I'm sorry your dh didn't listen to you! We made the mistake of telling early the 1st time & had to deal with questions & looks of pity with the M/C. This time we kept it quieter, not that it makes it easier, but at least I'm not reminded each time I see someone I know :( Love & HUGS!

Uhhhh Swimmy hun I just want to repeat my message to you in the other thread.... so many hugs and good wishes to you. SO weird that we've had a few mc's in this thread when we are all particularly trying to be healthy.

Hopefully all you lovely ladies soon have STICKY, healthy pregnancies.

Best, BEST wishes to all of us!!!

Started bleeding this morning, not bad yet but cramps are picking up
:( to add salt to the wounds, my Dr. Still wants me to come in for US today.....ugh I understand, but dread it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->