Getting Fit Before Baby

Finally home so I can respond! lol Been a long day at work :/

Good job on losing a pound Urs!!!:happydance: 1 less to lose is 1 less to lose! YOur temps are still above the coverline so that's good, like I said earlier, I am NOT a chart expert, as I did it for only enough cycles to see that I was O-ing & my consistency on O day. It drove me batty to keep up with it everyday! Btw When did you get a shot to induce af???

Fern-I'm a gardener too! Veggies & flowers, except roses & I refuse to plan stuff that doesn't come back! lol I have way to many beds to waste my time & money on seasonal things.....I do have a concord grape vine & a red raspberry that I love too! I'm not anygood with roses tho.....Only have 1 left out of like 9 :/

IRYM-Have you been checked for Endometriosis? Just curious if that could cause your daily aches/cramps etc? Not saying that I think that's the issue, but it just popped into my head lol

AFM-Just ate some pineapple, jut because I like it lol Having a Shrimp Boil for dinner tonight! Excited about that lol Sorry I missed the ? about babies. Ideally we would love to have twin redheaded boys! Yes I'm crazy! Names are set.....Mason Glenn & Kimber Faith are 1st choice...If we do end up with 2 boys the 2nd will be Clay Matthew...Not got any farther than that lol

Thanks Cupcake! :) My last doctor appointment was October 26 and that's when I had the shot...still no af though, but it did make me ovulate (I believe anyway). We scheduled my next one for November 20 because I'm suppose to have af by then so he can prescribe me Metformin. Fx'd I get a BFP tomorrow though!

I saw you mention Mason and was like wait what? (My last name is Mason) So you could say I love the name! Haha. Twin red-headed boys...oh dear, I can hear the trouble already. I also like Kimber Faith, very nice.

Oh, ok....I hope you get your bfp soon & can forget about the witch LoL That's cool that that's your last name!

Thanks for doing some research cupcake the nurse at my fertility clinic really had me freaked out but when i called the genetic's lab the next day she had me feeling much better. She said that as long at my DH has 10+mill sperm no reason we can't have kids without ivf (if thats our only issue of course, which so far it is). Still waiting to hear back from the genetic councler on when we can get in but I at least feel a little better.

I caved and took a test today (because i have all the same symptoms as last time) and decided not even to look at it and tossed it out. I need to just wait until cd12.

I'm glad everyone is doing so great with their weight loss! Work has been keeping me crazy busy so I haven't had as much time as i like the last few days to be outside. Doesn't help we have had some really really bad storm the last 2 days.
I think for my night off sunday I'm going to do corned beef in the crockpot yummmmmmm

Ahhh Swimmy your welcome! I honestly can'y help myself lol Its just a nurse thing of mine, when I don't know about a condition I want to find out about it! My "obsession" has come in pretty handy a few times.....:)

IRYM-Have you been checked for Endometriosis? Just curious if that could cause your daily aches/cramps etc? Not saying that I think that's the issue, but it just popped into my head lol

So far the only thing we've done to look into the ovary issue is a diagnostic ultrasound, and the GYN gave me a pelvic exam. At the time of the ultrasound I had a rather large cyst on my left ovary, but that wouldn't explain why BOTH ovaries hurt, alternately.

The next thing they have planned for me is an HSG (where they inject dye into your uterus and watch where it goes with XRay), but I'm hoping they don't find anything major!

Swimmy - I love corned beef! Especially with steamed cabbage, carrots, and boiled potatoes. That sounds so tasty!

IRYM - I had an hsg done it wasn't the most comfortable but I've heard if you have a block it hurts more. I would take something for pain before going in. I hope they don't find much. Also that's exactly what im making hahaha you can't make corned beef without cabbage, potatoes and carrots :) yummmm

DH and I got into a big fight before i when into work. I think him for sure being our issue seems to have upset him more than he wants to lead on. I think we are gonna look for a therapist that specializes in infertility I figure it can't hurt.

Sounds like a good idea. I know when dh got his SA results back it was a blow to his ego and he had a hard time with it.....

Strange how they expect us to just deal with infertility issues when it's the woman who's to "blame" (though you can't blame anyone unless the damage was from heavy drug use, or some other controllable factor!), but when it's the man who's the one with the infertility issues, they get so offended!

As though the men aren't allowed to have fertility issues. Bah.

swimmy - The doctor's office sent me an informational sheet that recommended taking 600 to 800mg of ibuprofen before the procedure. Yikes. I'm not looking forward to it. But it can't be worse than having grain-of-rice-sized pieces of cervix cut off for biopsies... they don't numb me for that!

I'm hoping that AF just won't show up this time, and that I get a BFP instead and won't even need the HSG. Haha

I've had 2 hsg's. Forget to rake ibuprofen both tomes lol Neither were painful at all! Kinda like a PAP, just a little discomfort & cramps afterwards. Last report said mt left tube was blocked, even though the radiologist had said both looked fine during the test???? So idk if its blocked or not, but my last bfp was from left side....

I forgot to take ibuprofen before my hsg, and it was uncomfortable when the dye was in but then fine as soon as it was over. That's when they saw what ended up being my fibroid.

Hi Drjo! How are you feeling/doing? Can't believe your almost halfway there!

I'm doing alright. Still fighting nausea which is worse in the evening, and I have migraines again. I doubled the amount magnesium I was taking and that seems to have settled the headaches to tolerable levels, although I still get them about 4 times a week. Overall things seem to be ok!

I still read everyone's posts, I just don't say much!

Hello there, Drjo! Good to hear from you! I'm sorry you're dealing with those headaches. I read once that grape juice supposedly gets rid of those really well, but I haven't tried it myself. It might be worth a shot? Hope they go away and stay away!

AFM --

Finally got a +OPK last night! And it was SO dark, the test line showed up before the control line did! Wowwie. I hope that means good things for me this cycle! Last cycle, my OPKs were questionable. They didn't seem to be true positives. I had a temp shift on my BBT chart last month, but I'm still on the fence about whether I actually O'd or not, you know? And good news, this +OPK came 2 days earlier than they normally do! So I might see a BFP (or AF, but let's hope not) at the end of November instead of in the first week of December. That'd be pretty awesome! FXd!

Hello gals.

Sorry I've been absent...it's a long story, but looks like I'll be on and off in chunks now for a bit.

Anyway, I tested on Friday (10dpo), BFN. Then I've been reading up on using SMU instead of FMU for some women so decided to try that today using a cheapie. (Saving last FRER until tomorrow or Tuesday. Thanks to IRYM for letting me know about the 14dpo implanting). I'm 12dpo today. Think I see something very faint so I tweaked it and I see a very faint line. I decided I had line eye so I took away the marker line and the C and T so I couldn't use those as markers to tell where the line is suppose to be. Then I looked at it and put a black dot where I thought I saw the line. Then I placed that photo onto the original and the black dot matches exactly where a positive line would be...if that makes sense!

Let me know what you gals think and when I should test with FRER. :)

Attachments

• 2015-11-15 11.22.31.jpg
    2015-11-15 11.22.31.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 2015-11-15 11.22.45.jpg
    2015-11-15 11.22.45.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 7
Hi ladies

Ursaula - I'm sorry hun but I see nothing :(. May I ask: that shot that the dr gave you, what was it and when did you have the shot? If you are not pregnant now, then at least you can confirm whether you really did ovulate by AF arriving about 14 days after suspected O. And hopefully your next cycle will be easier to track etc especially if you get metformin to help a bit with metabolism & hormone issues. FX for you!!

IRYM - I can't recall whether I posted on here around the time I got my hsg a few months ago. I was PETRIFIED, couldn't sleep, cried and all before the procedure! I took the morning off work and took 2 VERY strong codeine/paracetamol tablets (only thing that helps my period pains, I heard that you should take period type painkillers) an hour before the procedure. It ended up being painless; just uncomfortable getting the catheter in. Over very quickly. I had some cramping afterwards though. Some advice: take some time off work and even take a "you" day if possible. It isn't a nice procedure and quite invasive so you will definitely deserve some personal time with blankets & hot chocolate after. Wear loose, comfortable clothes that don't constrict your lower abdomen. Also take a pad along because you might have some contrast fluid/bloody discharge after (sorry!). Getting a cervical biopsy sounds more painful though so I'm sure you can handle it :).

I am totally fed up with ttc atm. Yesterday I woke up in tears and wanted to close down my IVF fund & just spend the money on our URGENT expenses. Then of course I heard about Paris and my problems paled in comparison. I just want this cycle to be over already. Yes I probably am super emotional because of the hormone freakout this month... I keep bursting into tears at the drop of a hat. Also, my ovaries & uterus are really painful and crampy so I HOPE it means super-ovulation is in store for me and not crazy endo overgrowth!

I want to start not wanting kids anymore!

Let me know what you gals think and when I should test with FRER. :)

I plopped your HPT pics into photoshop and tweaked them this way and that, but I don't see any line unfortunately. You might have learned to spot where the dye indent is by looking at so many tests! I have learned to do that with FRERs and a few others, and it drives me crazy because I always think it's something else.

But it's not over until AF shows up! FXd!

IRYM - I can't recall whether I posted on here around the time I got my hsg a few months ago. I was PETRIFIED, couldn't sleep, cried and all before the procedure! I took the morning off work and took 2 VERY strong codeine/paracetamol tablets (only thing that helps my period pains, I heard that you should take period type painkillers) an hour before the procedure. It ended up being painless; just uncomfortable getting the catheter in. Over very quickly. I had some cramping afterwards though. Some advice: take some time off work and even take a "you" day if possible. It isn't a nice procedure and quite invasive so you will definitely deserve some personal time with blankets & hot chocolate after. Wear loose, comfortable clothes that don't constrict your lower abdomen. Also take a pad along because you might have some contrast fluid/bloody discharge after (sorry!). Getting a cervical biopsy sounds more painful though so I'm sure you can handle it :).

Yikes!

I'm not too worried about the pain level or anything. I've had so many biopsies and paps (I get 'em every 6 mos!) that a catheter doesn't worry me at all. What DOES worry me is that there's a chance we'll find out I have some enormous problem. That's my biggest fear. We know I have at least one tube open, since I got pregnant in June -- but that's all we know. The ultrasound didn't reveal any large masses in my uterus though, so I suppose that's good. It's just that my brain jumps to worst case scenarios. Like we'll find giant malignant tumors or something. :dohh:

Also -- is it just me, or do any of the rest of you for some reason feel really proud of yourselves after you BD in your fertile window? I always feel like DH and I have accomplished an amazing feat, and I'm not really sure why that is. Someone give me a medal! :haha:

IRYM-Congrats on a possible early O!:happydance::happydance: I, too, feel like we accomplished a huge task when we have great timing! lol This TTC business isn't easy, for sure!

Urs-Sorry but I can't see a line :nope: Of course, I'm not the greatest at lines tho....Any updates????

Fern-:hugs: sweetie! I understand the not wanting to want to keep trying part. I've prayed repeatedly, that God would take away the desire from me as well, if its not in His plan....I hope you find peace in which ever avenue you guys go for.....

AFM-No loss this week, but no gain either, which I'm happy with since I made a Pumpkin pie cheesecake on Friday & have been super bad with my eating pretty much all weekend.....:shrug:Couldn't resist!

BUT I have done super good today, even worked outside in wood, before it started raining for an hour & got my sweat on! lol

Hope we all have a good week ladies!

Well, got my temp spike today! I may have ovulated a day earlier, but so far it's looking just like a normal O date. Phooey! haha

1 DPO (possibly 2) today, and I'm already dealing with RIDICULOUSLY sore BBs. Sigh. This is going to be a loooong TWW.

Cupcake- I love cheesecake! I don't think I'd have been able to resist it either! But good job on not gaining any weight. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->