Getting Fit Before Baby

So proud of the willpower here, ladies! Way to go! I managed a workout yesterday- my first since finding out I'm pregnant. It was brutal- I'm SO tired and nauseated all day so my stamina was pretty weak but hoping to keep going and build up more endurance.

Hi Ladies!

I hope the weekend is nice to you all. I weighed in this morning at 118,4, so only down 0.5 kg since Monday morning's weigh-in. I had a string of really good losses, so it makes sense it would slow down for awhile, so I'm not really concerned. I'm still doing great with staying on plan.

Tonight is date night for DH and I; I almost rarely eat out, but we decided to go out this evening, so this evening's meal is a 'cheat meal'. I usually retain a lot of water if eat a meal that is higher in carbs than I normally eat (I normally it only meat, fruit, and vegetables), so I'm not sure how that will affect Monday's weigh-in.

:hugs: to all!

Welcome autumn. Make sure you get your stats post so we can see how you're doing. It's on the first page.

Mrs.T- a date night is always fun! I have one tonight too.

I thought I didn't lose any this week cuz it steadily stayed at 188 for the most part- I suppose I should be glad that I'm maintaining it rather than gain. I went to the gym yesterday though after school and did a trailblazer work out for a change. However, I do have to eat out for lunch and dinner today so I'm going to try to make lunch light as possible- maybe split with one of my girlfriends (4 of us getting together). Then for dinner, it's thai food, so going to be hard to not "overeat" but I'll see what I can do. It may help that I'll be walking around this afternoon anyways as we're going shopping after lunch so we'll see what kind of damage tonight does for me. I do have the option of going to a dance party tonight after dinner so we'll see what happens with my day today. I hope I get to go to the dance party- I enjoy going to this studio's dance parties as it's mostly ballroom dancing type of thing.

Welcome Autumn! Any mommies out there who managed to stay fit during pregnancy? I have gained 5 lbs seemingly over night which on my very petite frame is quite noticeable. I know weight gain is a good thing, but I'm only about 7 weeks so I don't even look pregnant yet- just chubby. UGH.

Af got me today, so I'm hoping since I'm the same weight as last weigh in that I'm retaining fluid & will lose when she leaves lol I'll officially weigh in the morning tho......

LJ-I actually lost the entire pregnancy the 1st time, but started out way over weight. The 2nd pregnancy I gained way to much & kept it! :( I wouldn't worry to much just yet!

littlejune the pregnancy I just lost I was training for a half marathon and still gained 8 lbs in 12 weeks! But 6 of those was like 7ish weeks in! My body gains and holds when pregnant. Just stay active. Do strength training, and cardio etc. will make the weight come off easier after baby is born too.

AFM I got my 18KM in this morning and I'm now relaxing on the couch watching packers playoff game :)

I ended up over-eating yesterday so I went to the gym this afternoon hoping to either maintain the weight or lose some. :dohh: But at least it was worth the fun day- lunch with the girlfriends were kinda light. Dinner was a bit heavy though. I hit the gym Friday afternoon too so hopefully the fact that I hit up the gym Friday and today helps offsets those extra calories yesterday.

Hi ladies!

I love this group's energy and motivation.:flower:

So AF arrived and I'm taking a break from clomid. Will be dieting and exercising, eating healthy foods and trying to follow the endo diet & thyroid diet guidelines for my overall hormonal health. Just ntnp this month and maybe next month as well. Need the break! Ttc is draining and threatening to steal my joy. So for a while, I will rather focus on what I actually have control over; one of those being (to a degree) my health!

I don't weigh that much. But I have a really small frame and I do look overweight. My weight is also very unevenly distributed with a lot of fat around my middle/stomach. Now I know that is unhealthy and points to a high level of (toxic!) visceral fat. So my goal is to lose about 8-9 kg BUT more importantly, to tone up and lose the "bad fat", and build more muscle. So if I build healthy muscle and only lose about 5-6 kg I will also be very happy!

My motivation is self-image and health; e.g we want to start traveling a bit so I would like to feel more comfortable in a bikini. I also need to get my energy levels and stamina up and feel more healthy overall by decreasing my endo and thyroid issues as much as possible.

My biggest downfall is carbs and red meat. I try to cut out as much as possible but really struggle. I plan on doing the "banting" diet basically, but substituting plant protein (beans) for red meat. And if I really crave sugar then I will try to have a piece of fruit instead of sweets, cupcakes or chocolates! Will also be trying spearmint tea and EPO to help normalize hormone levels.

Stats:
Height: 1,65 m (5,4 ft)
Starting Weight: 59 kg (130 pounds)
Goal Weight: +/- 52 kg (114)

Weigh-ins:
January 5:
January 12:
January 19: 59 kg
January 26:
Total for January: +/-

Things I struggled with this month:

Things I did well this month:

Welcome fern & autumn! Good luck :)

Hope everyone had a good weekend! AF is kicking my tail :( Bloated ugg, BUT weight is unchanged! So hoping next week is extra good to me :)

Hi Ladies :flower:

I weighed in this morning: down 0,8 kg. Nothing huge, but considering my string of big losses lately, I'll take it.

I won't be able (I don't think) yo weigh in the next two Mondays, because I'll be gone on holiday.

Hope you are all doing well :hugs:

:dohh: I really need to start posting properly in here.

I've been pushing myself to get extra walking in and completely overdid it on saturday to the extent where I could barely walk on my right foot. I rested it all day yesterday and it feels better, but not quite 100% so it's only a short walk for today I think.

I've changed back to weighing in lbs as I've totally confused myself with kg and lbs and didn't have a clue where I was :blush: So I'll join in properly with the weighing in as of next month :D

Hi Ladies! Welcome to the new members. :)

And congrats to those who lost (or maintained) this past week! Keep up the momentum!

AFM, my weigh in was 149.8. It's only a teeny tiny bit down, but I'll take it. My goal this month is the end January at 149 or under, so I'm headed in the right direction. :)

I checked Saturday and my weight was down to 185 something but with the eating out and everything, I am at 188.1 this morning. That's ok. I'll take it as it's still a loss compared to last week Monday's weigh in! :wohoo:

What is everyone's plan of action this week? I'm going to try and continue hitting up the gym/get in those walks as well as tracking the food I eat. Hopefully I'll still see a loss this week with less eating out planned compared to the 2 I had last week (I think the husband only agreed to Olive Garden- so we'll finally eat at Olive Garden to use up our gift card).

I'm the same as last week! 166. But. I'm sure if I weigh tomorrow it will be less because long runs make me hold onto weight sometimes, and combined with wine on saturday oops.

182.6 today for me. Although I was 179.2 yesterday so it's probably just water weight. My goal is to be 176 by Feb 9.

Hi Ladies :flower:

So, I was diagnosed with PCOS today :cry: This is apparently why I'm not pregnant yet. They did a scan showed my ovaries and I am not sure that you can find a better textbook example of polycystic ovaries.

My doctor says I'll qualify for treatment when my BMI is at 32 or lower, which means I need to get down to 90 kg for my height. I guess I'll take this as motivation to really stick with the weight loss and go as hard as I can.

I leave on Saturday for ski holiday (well, really snowboard holiday). I'm going to try to be sure to eat sensibly and see if I can use all of that extra exercise to my advantage and hopefully not gain weight (It's surprisingly easy to gain weight on ski holiday! Especially in Italy).

Fingers crossed for a healthy, happy week to everyone. :thumbup:

Hi everyone!

So the diet is going good so far. Since even before the weekend I haven't had much of an appetite (pms was WEIRD this time around, couldn't even eat chocolate!). So that helped. I'm also back at work and I teach and talk all day long so there is not a lot of time to eat, which helps even more!

From tomorrow I'm going to try and replace coffee with green tea. Have started with the spearmint tea daily and am also having green smoothies daily (which I LOATHE so might stop in a few weeks).

I love the suggestion on this group earlier to drink more water to help with water-weight loss.

Now must just start exercising.... will do HIIT one day, go running the next. A lot of ladies here are doing boot camp but I don't really like training in a group.

Mrs Tigger - my sister has PCOS and as soon as they started her on metformin, she was able to fall pregnant. She fell pregs both times on the first try. In fact she is pregnant with twins right now! So I know for a fact that PCOS can be overcome. x

:hugs: to all!!

Rest day for me today, then hoping to walk 1.5 - 2 miles tomorrow and slowly start building that up. It's not worth the risk to push myself too hard to begin with otherwise I'm going to end up hurting myself even more and not be able to do anything for a while, which will have me back at square one.

Feeling a bit sad today. Yet another pregnancy announcement on facebook, a couple who got married a while after we did. I'm trying to keep positive and not blame myself for where we are, but it's getting more and more difficult and all I can do is just keep plodding on and try to get rid of the weight so we can finally get some help and tests :nope:

Good job to all the ladies who maintained/lost this week!!

Mrs. Tigger- I am so sorry to hear that. :( We are here to support you until you reach your goal..you can do it!!

Fern- I don't blame you for stopping those green smoothies. They are gross!!! lol I hear that on drinking more water too! :)

EmmyReece- I know that feeling. I feel like everyone is getting pregnant around me. I just keep reminding myself to keep my chin up and keep pushing forward because one day it will be my turn.
It is not your fault, we are all put in situations for a reason and you will come out at the end stronger. Sending you some good thoughts!!

Well I did ok at the wedding. Didn't do great, but normally I would have ate a lot more. The biggest issue was all the drinking I did. I went up .4 pounds so not too bad. I made my menu up for the week so I am ready to keep going!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->