Getting Fit Before Baby

OMW I laughed so hard now. I wish my husband would start talking in his sleep it sounds hilarious!!
All he does is hit me hard with his elbows in my face sometimes (he sleeps with his hands behind his head and then brings his elbows down hard after a while...why!!)...
I have punched him before in my sleep (punched with all my strength!) when I had a dream that he cheated on me. Poor man. He was so confused and almost in tears :haha:

Hello gals!

Really sorry I've been gone...I'll attach a picture to show you what has been going on...

What happened:
I'm still living with my parents currently (in their basement) and my mom teaches piano lessons at home. One of her students wandered the house (without permission) found Maggie (my dog in the picture) and grabbed her tail! He's around 11 years old so he knows better. She must've tried to get away or something because her tail was SEVERELY dislocated...so she had to get half of her tail amputated...I feel like a terrible parent now. Like I've let her down. She went in again this past Monday and had to get another piece taken off because it wasn't healing correctly. She goes in again tomorrow to see if it's healing properly now.

Anyway, that's why I've been gone!

I caught up with reading (Welcome back Fern! And welcome everyone who has joined since my absence!). In terms of s/o talking in sleep, my s/o LOVES Finding Nemo and usually sleep talks pieces of the movie during the night.

Weight wise, I had a scary situation this morning. I woke up with severe chest pain and ended up in emergency for suspected heart attack. Turns out the tear I had in the muscles surrounding my ribcage never healed from a few months back and it wasn't related to how "large" I am. I can't exercise for about a month now. I did make a ribbon with a measurement of how small I'd like to be and wear it around my wrist. Whenever I want to see how close I am to my goal I wrap it as far around my waist as it will go. Food is my enemy.

TTC wise, my s/o told me he doesn't want to be part of the "planning" for pregnancy. However, if I happened to go on "magical medication" and became pregnant he would be super happy. I'm confused now. I have my gynaecologist appointment in less than 2 weeks! Really excited but afraid they're going to tell me to lose more weight.

Attachments

• 12938294_1732464633649458_5807698210155124718_n.jpg
    12938294_1732464633649458_5807698210155124718_n.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 3
Sorry my post was long, I also forgot to add this!

----------------------------------------------
URSAULA'S GOALS & STATS POST
----------------------------------------------

Stats:
Height: 5' 8''
Starting Weight: 386lbs
Goal Weight: 180lbs
MyFitnessPal Username: N/A (I can't remember it, I'll come back to this!)

Goals:
Exercise 2x/week. Get down to 350lbs by June 2, 2016!

My Plan:
- Only allowed to eat out 1x/week.
- Foods with low carbs. NO WHITES!
- 6 glasses of water/day.
- Exercise twice a week.
- Do one full week of smoothies.

Weigh-ins:
May 2 2016: 375lbs. (+5lbs)
May 9 2016: 376lbs. (+1lb)
May 16 2016: 378lbs (+2lbs)
May 23 2016: 372lbs (-6lbs)
May 30 2016:

Things I struggled with this month:

Things I did well this month:

APRIL:
April 3 2016: Missed.
April 10 2016: 382lbs. (-4lbs)
April 17 2016: 381lbs. (-1lbs)
April 24 2016: 370lbs. (-11lbs!!)

Things I struggled with this month: This month I struggled with exercise. I hope to start exercising again and develop a routine.

Things I did well this month: I did really well the last week with my apple pie smoothie diet. I lost a total of -16lbs!

My dh sleep talks at times lol mainly about work tho....poor guy never gets a break from that place!

Urs-Poor pup! Did the kids parents pay or did he get on trouble???? That's ridiculous!
Afm-Today is our 9th Anniversary! Nothing planned except a quiet evening at home.....;)

Green - im sorry this week has been a bad week for you, we are always here to vent to. I hope things turn themselves around. If its hot outside I tend to try and walk early morning or night time.

IRYM - omg i laughed sooo hard lol, my DH talks in his sleep sometimes but its usually about food haha. However mine is usually like Fern's and sleeps with his elbows out and i get hit ugh walls of pillows are sooo my friend sometimes haha.

Ursaula - omg Im so sorry about your baby! that is just heart breaking! I don't think your a bad mom at all, i would be a little more upset that the child didn't understand not to pull on the dogs tail. I hope her next check up it ok. Fingers crossed about your doctors appointment. My DH did that for a while he didn't really want to know much about the planning he said it took too much of the romance out of it hahaha. But once we were at the fertility doc he seemed to get more on board with having to plan things out.

Cupcake - happy happy anniversary! mine is on Sunday lol sense its our 1st we are going to stay in the hotel we got married in :) They have these amazing jet giant bathtubs pretty sure thats where I'm going to be spending most of my time. haha

Urs- so sorry about the puppy! You're going to be an amazing mom! Can't wait to hear about your appointment.

Cupcake- happy anniversary!!!

Swimmy- when is your scan again?

Oh no, poor Maggie. Hope she heals up quickly. I would be upset at the kid too. So what does it mean when your husband doesn't want to be involved in the planning? Meaning you just don't tell him when you are ovulating? I agree it is such a challenge to try to keep any spark during the TTC process. Good luck!

Happy Anniversary, Cupcake!

Oh how I've missed you gals!

Cupcake: The parents are meeting with us tomorrow to talk about everything after Maggie's vet appointment. I don't know if I will be part of the discussion simply because I'm still very upset over it all.

Happy anniversary! :D

Swimmy: Thank you! Your words make me feel better about both situations. I just hope I'll still be a great mom when I have a human baby! Haha.

Happy early anniversary (I'll probably wish you happy anniversary on the day of too).

Mrs. G: Thank you so much! How is the clomid working? Looking at your chart it seems you've ovulated! Fx'd!

Bronte: He basically just doesn't want anything to deal with the planning and just wants the "good stuff", haha! He has nerve pain though so it's sometimes hard to get him in the mood right around when I think I'm ovulating...we'll see how it goes though when ovulation actually starts coming regularly.

Bonte/fern- my DH has never said he doesn't want to be involved, and he of course goes to dr. Appointments with me but I never tell him about ovulation or anything because I don't want sex to feel forced or stressed. So I kinda get what your OH means by you taking care of it. If that makes sense... Lol

Urs- I belive I ovulated yesterday and I think I'm 1dpo!!

Oh no I tell my husband everything even though he doesn't always want to know. I've even sat him down with my illustrated anatomy books & lectures; he also knows about the opks etc etc including the opk I had to take at a wedding reception a while ago lol!!! When he's available he goes to the dr with me.

I also tell him about all the research I do on food and exercise etc. And he listens to everything even though he sometimes really doesn't want to. Bless him he is patient that way.

I am a scientist so I love researching, and I also love teaching so he has just accepted that's part of my personality.

Happy anniversaries Cupcake and Swimmy! X

Swimmy GL with your scan, hope your fluid levels are perfect.

Welcome back Urs; so sorry about your pup!!! I would have been LIVID. The kid would have gotten such a scolding from me. I hate it when my students try to grab my cats. My one kitten is very skittish and hates being picked up; I have this one 19yo student who keeps grabbing her I hate it. She gets so scared. Hope your baby heals well!!! Xxxxx

How are you guys doing otherwise before Monday's weigh-in ;)?

Yeah, we tried the not planning thing for 2 years and gave that up. Now that I plan I prefer to share some of the stress, since this is for both of us. Plus, if I don't come right out and say we need to BD today or we might miss the window, my husband won't get any hints. I know he hates it though, but I don't like it much either, so at least we are united in that!

I ate out the last two nights and didn't do great with food choices. Grrr. But it's so hard when eating out, but I was meeting family and friends. Plus, I missed workouts because of it. Trying to get back on track for the weekend.

Bonte- I also haven't don't great with food this week. I need to get back on track ASAP! I hate when life gets in the way lol

Honestly it would be so much easier to tell DH. I mean he knows Everything but I don't tell him anything about OPKs and what they're doing. And if I'm honest.. It's probably because I don't want him to know when I should be testing. I want to surprise him in a huge way. And Because of my history my RE will order Betas once I get a bfp at home. I want that done before I tell DH. I would get my first scan done before telling him but he made it clear that is not ok! Haha
I just want to know everything is going fine before we celebrate. It sounds terrible I know. But the first loss was so hard on both of us.

Green - I totally understand where you're coming from even though I've never had a loss. I wish I didn't have to tell ANYONE if IVF fails including my husband. Good luck with this tww! Eats lots of protein in the tww, keep warm & keep moving & exercising to get your blood circulation going! All of which help with implantation of your TWIN eggies :)

Bronte - oh yes eating out is hard on a diet. I usually just eat a salad with no dressing and order water/ rooibos tea to drink. And then stare enviously at everyone else's plates :dohh:

I am having the worst junk food cravings out of the blue. I had my dinner at 5 pm because I was ready to eat one of my cats!! There is a can of banoffee flavour caramel treat in the cupboard, teasing me... I wanted to eat it last night and DH made me put it back lol :haha: he's helping me diet! Will probably have it for my cheat meal this weekend :winkwink:.

Urs - So sorry to hear about your pup! That's terrible! I hope she recovers quickly. :hugs:

I love that ribbon idea. How did you decide what size to make it?

Fern - My DH sometimes flings his arms too. I've woken up with a fat lower lip before, presumably from being punched in the face. Thankfully my preferred side to sleep on is my left side, which keeps my face turned away from him and his flailing arms. lol

Swimmy - It must be pretty common for men to talk in their sleep? Almost every woman I know who has a male partner says her husband/boyfriend does it. Weird!

Cupcake - Happy anniversary! :hugs:

AFM - I finally gave up trying to get a full night's sleep on my own (I always toss and turn, it takes 20 mins or longer just to fall asleep, I hurt all the time, I can't stay asleep longer than 2 hours at a stretch, etc.) last Monday and started taking Valerian root again. And let me just say: WOW, what a difference!

-I'm not groggy when I wake up in the morning.
-I usually experience back and body pain from the moment I wake up until I fall asleep at night, and since I've been taking the valerian, I don't any more.
-I usually crave carbs and sugar like crazy, but after a week of Valerian that craving is almost completely gone.
-I'm less moody
-I have less "brain fog" which allowed me to complete a HUGE art commission in much less time than it would have normally taken me
-I don't need a second cup of coffee with lunch to keep me going

I have to point out, it's not the valerian that is curing all these ailments. It's the fact that I am sleeping 8 hours a night or more on a regular basis that's doing it!

Valerian isn't an herb that forces you to sleep, like some over the counter meds will do. All it does for me is makes me feel a little more calm, and it makes my brain stop running 100 miles per hour and allows me to drift off to sleep. Once I am asleep, it helps me STAY asleep so that I'm only waking up once or twice a night instead of every 2 hours or more (not exaggerating!).

So whether or not you need a little help to do it, I highly recommend we all try to get a good quality 8hrs of sleep a night! I had no idea that my poor sleep quality was affecting me so much!

My sleep quality is non-existent. I once checked my phone for a few nights to see how often I was up and apparently I never get more than 30 min-1 hour at a time before being WIDE awake. It also takes me at least 1-2 hours to fall asleep. Sleeping next to my tornado of a husband doesn't help so sometimes after a few nights of zero sleep we have to sleep in separate bedrooms because I literally get sick from sleep deprivation.
Has been like this since I've been a teen. Nothing really helps.

During IVF I will be spending many nights alone just to have some sleep!

Fern - Have you tried Valerian root powder? There are pill or tea versions available, but it stinks to high heaven, so I don't recommend the tea. Haha

Yep I've tried everything :) even sleeping with lavender under my matress in high school. Then the domestic lady found it and told my parents she thought it was "drugs" (marijuana) bwaaahaha!
I'm so used to it though.

I've never heard of that being used for sleep that sounds amazing though! I don't usually have trouble sleeping (if anything the opposite) but i do have melatonin for when i want to sleep on a car ride.

Scan today went well. Fluid levels are up, I just need to keep up on drinking water all the time lol. They want one more scan in 2 weeks to get new measurements and recheck the levels again. It sounds bad but i really don't want anymore scans but oh well. I think it hit my DH at this scan (probably sense they did a 3d one). We got into the car after and he just sat there for a while looking all freaked. He finally said "sh** i'm gonna be a dad" I could not stop laughing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->