Gifts made from Iron? HElp

raisin

Mom to 2 wonderful boys
Reaction score
It's my 6th wedding anniversary coming up. The traditional gift is iron. What on earth can I get for my hubby that's made from iron? I'm totally blank...:wacko:

Anyone got any ideas?

Look at things made from steel as that is an iron alloy. Anything ferrous really but the only metal I can think of that's an iron alloy off of the top of my head is steel.

If you're near a multicultural town or city then have a look in some shops catering for Sikhs because a few Sikhs use only iron utensils and cookware etc. so you might be able to find some gorgeous kitchen bits and bobs that are really unique. You may also be able find stuff like this online.

On posh homeware sites you can find seriously cool iron lamps and iron chairs amongst other things, but it depends how much you want to spend as these can be expensive. If money isn't an issue try Graham and Green, Cox and Cox, Ben Penreath, Nkuku....

Iron is definitely a tough one!

Also you could go or something Iron Man related if he's in to that? I know it's a bit of a silly take on the iron thing but it kind of works.

I'd be a bit cheeky and change it to 'an iron'. Get him one and show him the washing basket :)

Perhaps something for the garden, like a wrought iron bench or table and chairs? A cast iron cooking pan, a griddle pan or something? I bought one for OH last year and he wasn't sure at first but he loves it now he's got the hang of it. You could buy some nice steaks or something and cook them for him on it.

Look at things made from steel as that is an iron alloy. Anything ferrous really but the only metal I can think of that's an iron alloy off of the top of my head is steel.

I agree with this. If you look at stainless steel, it really opens up the options. Everything from a nice watch to a set of grill tools.

Otherwise, something cast iron or wrought iron.

Or if he's a golfer, by chance, a golf club (9 iron, for example).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->