Girl's Name - What do you think?

mrsraggle

Wifey & Mummy
Reaction score
I've already selected the name if we have a girl...

Elspeth Dew (to be known as Elsie)

What do you think??

Im not so keen on that to be honest hun......... I do like Elsie though! xx

I like Elsie but not the full version or the middle name. In the end though, all that matters is what you like. :thumbup:

I LOVE Elsie. It was my first choice for my baby's name but my hubby and my mum weren't keen so it got vetoed.

I love Elspeth but I'm not keen on Elsie. But as long as you love it you should use it or you will always regret it.

I know this because my mum still regrets not calling me...Posy! I hate it and am so glad my dad took matters into his own hands and went with Jody. The other name on her shortlist was Sadie, which I also like but my Dad said Jody was the only one he liked so he sneaked off to the registry office and registered me.

Elsie is OK but I'm not keen on Elspeth at all. Just my opinion though, we're all different so go with whatever you like :)

I do love Dew though :) x

Elspeth sounds really old! i cant believe this poll cause my friend "Joy" is actually called elspeth but she hates it so much everyone calls her middle name joy.

i do like elsie though

xx

I had to come back and say I still love Elspeth and in a way it's good that nobody else seems too keen on it because there won't be 30 others called that in her year at school will there?

And as you say, she can be Elspeth or Elsie or Ellie or Elle. Those last two have been really popular lately so she could fit right in with them or be that little bit different with the first two.

I have a name book somewhere called Cool Baby Names and I'm going to dig it out and check, but I bet Elspeth will be in the Cool - Cooler - Coolest section because it touches on popular but with a twist. I still think you should stick with it.

To be honest, I do not care for it but I do really love the name Elsie. :hugs:

Thanks Jordy! The negative feedback was a little disheartening! Although, I appreciate everyone's honesty. We'll stick with it x

I voted Lovely! It's a great name in my opinion; unusual, quirky, pretty but in no way 'out there'. Definitely stick with it if you're both agreed!

Congrats on the BFP by the way... just seen it was only last week :)

Elspeth is a lovely name! It's classy yet underused. And it's definitely a name that will age well...from baby to adulthood!

Elspeth Dew is lovely!

Why call her Elspeth if you're going to call her Elsie? (Love Elsie btw)
When I was preg with Harry we decided on Melissa for a girl - Milly for short. Then we just went with Milly as we didn't see the point in calling her something she wasn't going to be called except when due a rollicking hence she would hate the name!!! But we had a boy anyway.....

Possibly so that the child can have a choice...Maybe when she's younger she will want a cutesy nickname like Elsie but when she grows up and is in her professional career, she will want to be called something more mature and "grown up" sounding?!

That's why I like more substantial names that can have cutesy nicknames, so that the child can decide what he/she wants to be called.

Possibly so that the child can have a choice...Maybe when she's younger she will want a cutesy nickname like Elsie but when she grows up and is in her professional career, she will want to be called something more mature and "grown up" sounding?!

That's why I like more substantial names that can have cutesy nicknames, so that the child can decide what he/she wants to be called.

I completely agree with this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->