Girl's Name - What do you think?

Why call her Elspeth if you're going to call her Elsie? (Love Elsie btw)
Possibly so that the child can have a choice...Maybe when she's younger she will want a cutesy nickname like Elsie but when she grows up and is in her professional career, she will want to be called something more mature and "grown up" sounding?!

That's why I like more substantial names that can have cutesy nicknames, so that the child can decide what he/she wants to be called.

Yeah exactly

I find my full name so handy for formal situations...but consider my true name to be the shortened version. I wouldn't do so well in businessy situations with the name I use day to day, it's just far too informal, so although I don't like my full name so much I really appreciate it being there

Why call her Elspeth if you're going to call her Elsie? (Love Elsie btw)
Possibly so that the child can have a choice...Maybe when she's younger she will want a cutesy nickname like Elsie but when she grows up and is in her professional career, she will want to be called something more mature and "grown up" sounding?!

That's why I like more substantial names that can have cutesy nicknames, so that the child can decide what he/she wants to be called.

I completely agree with this!

Ditto! This way the name can age. For example, I can easily see a baby Elsie, but have a tough time seeing an adult in the professional word with that name. Elspeth is a lovely compromise, and the nickname Elsie is adorable. I'm not so fond of Dew though. How about Drew instead? Or maybe Rue?

its not my cup of tea. But as long as your happy with it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->