Give your favorite tip to ladies new to ttc.

xs5

Reaction score
This is only my second month tcc, and I have learned so much already. I thought it would be fun to compile all those great tips in one thread.

I will start with my mistake.....

If you are bbt for the first time don't wait to bd for the chart to tell you, you ovulated, I got my crosshairs 3 days after I O'ed, then 4 days later they changed the date. BD as much as you can!

Don't overshare with your OH!

Not much of a tip but the best thing I wish I hadn't done was get stressed or start to become obsessed. X

1.) OPK's don't guarantee that you will O, only that you're getting a surge of luteininzing hormone and that it's a good idea to get busy!

2.) Don't stop your life as this may or may not take a while. Enjoy your hobbies, go out with your friends, start that new whatever you've been putting off, etc. If TTC becomes an obsession you will quickly lose your marbles :haha: .

3.) The TWW is a mind :-# . Preggo symptoms and the progesterone party of the TWW are identical. Most women don't start getting true pregnancy symptoms until around 5 or 6 weeks knocked up.

Try not to compare cycles especially try not to compare bbt from a cycle that resulted in pregnancy if your TTC no 2

Have a lot of sex!...as much as you can physically manage/fit in.

Live your life as you always do. Read a book, go for a walk, do yoga, have a glass of wine if you want, call your friends. Try to not hyper-focus on TTC (as hard as that is to do) because for some of you, it may take awhile. Don't compare yourself to others, especially on here, we each have our own path. Do everything you can to stay healthy to give yourself the best chances possible, but realize this is out of your control. Stay positive. It WILL happen, but you can't choose when, and for some of you, how. It's a journey, an emotional rollercoaster, especially the longer you try. Try to embrace the process, and this time with your spouse. Most of all take a deep breath, and trust that it will happen when it is suppose to.

On O day, give yourself a break. Go out for a drink, a dinner, a movie, but don't DTD, especially since ovulation day really doesn't give you the best odds to conceive.

stay in bed after bding - don't get up for the loo - just go to sleep.

A healthy diet that doesn't include caffeine, that morning cup of coffee is so difficult to give up. :(. Also keep in mind that chocolates, tea, some hot chocolates, etc. have caffeine in them. Pay very close attention to trying to rid yourself of caffeine, as difficult as it may be.

Don't read tests after the time limit! Pregnancy test with first morning, opk with second or midday.

Do a handstand after BD! Or at least tilt a bit. Give those little swimmers a helping hand!

I say buy a bunch of those tiny dixie drink cups! Not all OPK or Preg tests are big enough for you to actually pee on. Those tiny cups are cheap and great for POAS tests! :)

Im going to say - after lessons learned- Im plan to KEEP CALM LOL - UUgh the stress took away from it all- we are going to NTNP. (more on the try approach) but No more intense talk about it and stressing. And no more deep thoughts about it

Have a lot of sex and enjoy it, cos I'm telling you, your libido and energy levels disappear with a newborn and a toddler.. they are the worlds biggest freaking cockblockers EVER

Have a lot of sex and enjoy it, cos I'm telling you, your libido and energy levels disappear with a newborn and a toddler.. they are the worlds biggest freaking cockblockers EVER

I almost fell out my chair LMBOOOO --- LOL- My boys (5 yr old twins and 4 yrs old baby boy)do the most LOL

I agree go on with life as if u were not ttc.....so u don't miss out just in case it takes a while.

Ttc here for 10 months.

Hahaha yeah I have a 15 month old daughter and i tell you what, since she arrived hubs and i went from daily to twice a week (sahara desert in our bedroom lol) and sometimes weeks with once a week only!

:rofl: Truth!

Hahaha yeah I have a 15 month old daughter and i tell you what, since she arrived hubs and i went from daily to twice a week (sahara desert in our bedroom lol) and sometimes weeks with once a week only!
Good gravy woman, you think once a week is the Sahara?! :shock: Guess I'm just old and can't be bothered then 'cause once a week is plenty, more than enough actually :haha: .

lol compared to the sexual feast i used to have, once a week feels like ages but ya know, sometimes sleep just WINS!!! ;) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->