giving a bath

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Mica, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Mica

Mica Well-Known Member

LO is 5.5 months, and up until a few weeks ago we were still bathing him in the kitchen sink. Well, he's outgrown that, so we are trying to bathe him in the big tub. I've gotten in with him a couple of times, but as I don't want to take a bath every day or fill up the tub that much I'm trying to bathe him from outside the tub. It's just a bit awkward, whether I sit on the edge, or sit on the floor, or try to sit on the toilet. I have bad knees so it is difficult for me to squat or kneel.
    Any tips or tricks for bath time?

2. optimistic1

optimistic1 Mommy, Daddy, and Nadia!!

I don't have a bath tub so after I'm done with my shower I bring my daughter in with me and wash her off..it sounds more difficult than it is.

3. MummyMana

MummyMana Well-Known Member

Bathing in the big bath kills my back, so I got a bath seat, and it's a real life saver, so much easier :)

4. ruby09

ruby09 Well-Known Member

Stalking this one. I've found bath time impossible since lo started to be mobile. First he wanted to learn to crawl in the bath, now he wants to stand in the tub. I get a full work out trying to keep him still. I have a little mat to kneel on while I bathe him, but definitely not the most efficient way to do it.

5. arlene

arlene Well-Known Member

My lo is 5.5 months as well, he goes crazy in the bath and splashes all the time! I put him in and sit on the toilet seat while he gets on with it, then give him a quick wash with a sponge before I lift him out xx

6. sue_88

sue_88 Well-Known Member