giving a bath

Mica

Reaction score
LO is 5.5 months, and up until a few weeks ago we were still bathing him in the kitchen sink. Well, he's outgrown that, so we are trying to bathe him in the big tub. I've gotten in with him a couple of times, but as I don't want to take a bath every day or fill up the tub that much I'm trying to bathe him from outside the tub. It's just a bit awkward, whether I sit on the edge, or sit on the floor, or try to sit on the toilet. I have bad knees so it is difficult for me to squat or kneel.
Any tips or tricks for bath time?

I don't have a bath tub so after I'm done with my shower I bring my daughter in with me and wash her off..it sounds more difficult than it is.

Bathing in the big bath kills my back, so I got a bath seat, and it's a real life saver, so much easier :)

Stalking this one. I've found bath time impossible since lo started to be mobile. First he wanted to learn to crawl in the bath, now he wants to stand in the tub. I get a full work out trying to keep him still. I have a little mat to kneel on while I bathe him, but definitely not the most efficient way to do it.

My lo is 5.5 months as well, he goes crazy in the bath and splashes all the time! I put him in and sit on the toilet seat while he gets on with it, then give him a quick wash with a sponge before I lift him out xx

https://www.johnlewis.com/safety-1st-swivel-bath-seat-pastel/p415312?kpid=231915023&s_kenid=6c87eb1f-0cf6-9d89-9bef-000055aa3bc6&s_kwcid=ppc_pla&tmad=c&tmcampid=73

Plonk in this and sit on the toilet seat!

Alternatively, my friend has got a wooden box that she will store bath toys in and will use that as a seat when her baby grows bigger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->