Glasses V contacts

Connah'sMommy

Reaction score
I have glasses now which i should wear all the time but i dont:blush:

Im going for another eye test today as my eyesight seems to have gotten worse :(

Im not sure if to go for contact or lenses though.

Soooo...i have a few questions :)

1. How much do your contacts cost and do you get dailies/monthlys etc?
2. if you have glasses, how much did the actual lenses cost (excluding the frames? ) i know every prescription is different:thumbup:

If i get contacts im thinking of getting some new lenses in my existing frames as a back up :thumbup:

:flower:

https://www.daysoftcontactlenses.com/GB/CountryHomepage.aspx

thats where i get my contacts from.

Until recently I have worn contacts all day every day. but i have had a few eye infections so have to wear glasses for a bit, which i hate, as soon as i can i will wear contacts again, its not only vanity, but rain on glasses, steam etc is not nice, i contact just feel normal for me. but you should have a pair of glasses too in case and to rest your eyes. I have only used dailies and i love them.

I used to have dailies which cost me £9 a month then I changed to Monthlys which cost me £13 a month plus I get half price lenses once a year x The lenses I have were £69 but I only paid £34.50 for them x
I use Specsavers & cant fault them x

I'm going to Boots. With my NHS voucher and a contact lens plan, it's £19 a month. I'll get specs for £33 total.

I used to wear glasses, but switched to monthly contacts about 4 years ago. I pay about £23 per month, which at the rate my eyes change, works out cheaper than buying glasses. I do keep a pair of very cheap glasses handy just in case, but they aren't quite my prescription and give me headaches. I only use them for emergencies and to go from the bathroom to the bedroom at night so I'm not too bothered by that.

Personally I couldn't go back to wearing glasses full time.

Mine are £16 a month and are monthlys, i'm with vision express, you get free checkups with them which was given to me a month after wearing them, then 6 months and now its every 12 months. I do wear glasses too though but only to rest my eyes and if i'm at home for the day, usually i wear contacts though as I much prefer them to glasses. I struggled at first to put them in and it took a while for me to get used to them but i'm so used to wearing them now its a couple of seconds and then they're in for the day xx

I wear glasses which were £75 for 2 pairs and my OH wears monthly contacts which are £30 for 3 months :)

Thinking of swapping to contacts myself actually but im a bit scared of them! xx

I wear contacts and change them every 2 weeks. I can never remember teh cost but I think it's about $300 a year. I wear glasses too but only at night when I come home from work. I haven't bought a pair in a while but I think it was around $400.

I wear contacts, i have not worn my glasses for ages although i have got some. My contacts are £13 a month, OH wears contacts and his are £10 a month. We both wear monthly ones

I've worn contacts since I was 16. Mine are monthly ones which are £10 a month. I do have glasses as well which were £175 xx

i wear contacts i used to have monthlys that cost me £13 a month but asfter a couple of years they didnt agree with my eyes anymore so i had to change to dailies which cost me £22 a month so a bit higher but that includes all eye tests, lense checks and any other appointments i feel i need to make plus trial runs and extra lenses if i run out before i due more etc...

like when i changed to dailies i trialed 3 different monthly pairs and 2 diffewrent sailie pairs which didnt cost me anything as was included in my care package

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->