Gobsmacked

I do believe that babys feel pain as well-if not, is child abuse ok? to hit your baby etc?

keely.

Okay seriously, that is taking it a bit far. I am NOT abusing my child. You cannot even compare the two. That is way out of line. Its not even in the same friggen realm. I'm sorry, but you completely stepped over the line right there. To say that just because we choose to get our child circumcised, we're either abusing our children, or are okay with child abuse?

Its one thing not to agree with it, not believe what is said about HIV, but to pretty much down right say we agree with child abuse, that is going WAY too far.

Okay seriously, that is taking it a bit far. I am NOT abusing my child. You cannot even compare the two. That is way out of line. Its not even in the same friggen realm. I'm sorry, but you completely stepped over the line right there. To say that just because we choose to get our child circumcised, we're either abusing our children, or are okay with child abuse?

Its one thing not to agree with it, not believe what is said about HIV, but to pretty much down right say we agree with child abuse, that is going WAY too far.

You beat me to it Rae. Some parents strictly believe in circumcision for their own beliefs and reasons... just as some people believe in giving their child jabs, allowing their baby to have blood tests - that is painful but it certainly isn't abuse. If my OH is adament that he believes it is best for the baby, I will do it - he has had it done and doesn't remember a thing and he obviously has his own reasons to think it is best for our baby and he wouldn't put our baby at risk if he had any doubts. It is wrong to compare it to child abuse. Everyone has their own beliefs / reasons - each to their own.

I couldn't agree more with you Rae!

It's out of line to say we abuse our children by getting them circimsized!

I am not gonna explain my self as to why would I get it done if I was to have a boy,I'm not asking anyone to explain why they don't want to either.

It's a matter of culture and preference.

But to say that we are child abusers?! To say that the parents of entire male population of US and Canada and all the people that have their sons circumsized are child abusers?!

Thats way out of line and very untrue and incorrect.Just like the comments about female mutilation.The two are not comparable in the slightest.Saying that they are is to me a bit insulting if I may say.
We love our children very very much,nothing less than people who don't choose circumcision and inflicting them pain is the last thing on our minds.

Being compared to child abusers right now literally made me sick.

I don't agree with it, only for medical reasons. There is no need. As for HIV etc-surely everyone should have safe sex anyway? its only one of many many things you can pick up through sex etc. And for cleaning-thats not a good enough reason.

I do believe that babys feel pain as well-if not, is child abuse ok? to hit your baby etc?

keely.

This is a highly controversial subject and while everyone is entitled to their own opinions, the above statement is out of line. Circumcision, whether you agree with it or not, is practiced in some cultures/religions/societies and is very common in certain areas. I don't think it's fair to tell people who do decide to have the circumcision done that they are practicing some form of child abuse. If you are going to debate the subject than use facts and figures, not insults.

If men weren't supposed to have a foreskin then Mother Nature would not have provided them with one.

Simple as.

I have not read any very good reason for a parent taking this action other than social acceptance and I can't believe, in all honesty, that people are still doing this, purely in order to 'fit in'. :nope:

If men weren't supposed to have a foreskin then Mother Nature would not have provided them with one.

Simple as.

I have not read any very good reason for a parent taking this action other than social acceptance and I can't believe, in all honesty, that people are still doing this, purely in order to 'fit in'. :nope:

It also provided you with an apendix.Do you need that?

As for the other comment.I can't really reply since I said I'm not justifying my opinion on this subject.

Has no one noticed how UK/USA divided this thread is?
I think we'd all agree that circumcision is a much more common practice in the states, just as there as some more common things over here that people from the US may not agree with.
Its different cultures in different places. Personally I wouldnt have my child circumcised, I have no religious beliefs about it, its not common practice where I live, I have never been with a man who has had it done and have very little knowledge on why it is done. If I ever have a son and there is a reason, either medical or his choice when he is old enough, then I certainly wouldnt have a problem with it being done, but like I said, its just not something thats crossed my mind.

However, I totally understand and accept that in some places it is common practice, people do have religious beliefs about it and it is what is 'expected' to be done.

Maybe one day the whole world will agree on whether it should be done or not, but god, wouldnt the world be a boring place then.

Simple as.

Why do men have nipples?

6 other useless parts of the body:-
Sinuses
Adenoids
Tonsils
Coccyx
Wisdom teeth
Appendix

What did Mother Nature give us these for?

i'm from the uk, and anti circum if its not for health purposes, but i have seen alot of people from the uk in this thread who are pro circum, and it's fine. Everyone has their own reasons for doing it, and my views are set in stone. I do agree with Angelmouse, mother nature intended males to have a foreskin, and I dont wish to take that away. As for my appendix, i still have that too, it may do nothing but why mess with it, there is no reason to.

I don't understand why people get it done. I know about the religious and medical but I don't know why people choose to do it. Something I've always wondered about.... (I don't mean I don't understand as in I think it's bad - I mean I really don't know what the reasons are why you'd get it done :blush: or are there no real reasons and it's just personal preference?).

Why do men have nipples?

6 other useless parts of the body:-
Sinuses
Adenoids
Tonsils
Coccyx
Wisdom teeth
Appendix

What did Mother Nature give us these for?

Overly generous I guess??

i'm from the uk, and anti circum if its not for health purposes, but i have seen alot of people from the uk in this thread who are pro circum, and it's fine. Everyone has their own reasons for doing it, and my views are set in stone. I do agree with Angelmouse, mother nature intended males to have a foreskin, and I dont wish to take that away. As for my appendix, i still have that too, it may do nothing but why mess with it, there is no reason to.

But appendix' are not cosmetic. Yet, boobs, butts, lips & lypo are accepable nowadays?

{edit} admitedly you wouldn't do that to a baby, but my point is cosmetic... would have a prominent mole removed?

was only my opinion-sorry to offend. hurting a baby in any way to me is wrong.

My OH is and I actually prefer it (think it looks nicer...i know i know) but he has said soooo many times that he believes it decreases stimulation during sex and so I suppose it does have an effect. I honestly hadnt even considered it as an option and think its safe to say I wouldnt circumcise.

people shouldnt need to justify the choices they make for thier OWN children and im pretty sure people do have their own 'reasons' and dont just do it to 'fit' in.
Id also like to add all 3 of my sons have been done, they were giving pain relief and were awake during the whole thing and never cried once!

Meh, i dont even know anymore lol....

If i have a son, he will not be circum unless there is a problem. If he decides when he is older that he wants it done I will back him 100%.I want him to have a say in the matter when he is older instead of not giving him the option.
My ex was less sensitive down there sex wise too, so yeah that is true for me too carrie.

Don't get me wrong, I'm just playing devils advocate. I'm not circumcised and I wouldn't circumcise my son, but to categorically tell others it is wrong, is in itself wrong (IMO)... by no means (by a mile) does it constitute any form of child cruelty (just a lifestyle choice).

I didn't want to reply to this thread....

I am dissapointed to be honest in this thread as I think it has not intended to start as a debate but feels more of an attack or judgement against people that decide to have their boys circumsised.

Basically if you don't agree with it don't have it done - simple! Everyone has their own views on this subject and if you wish to be more informed ask the question not start another debate about whether it is right or wrong and make people feel bad for their decisions.

At the end of the day threads like this I feel stir up bad feeling like smoking when pregnant-I don't agree with it but I won't judge people or shout people down because of it the same as I will have my boy (if pea is a boy that is!) circumsised I don't expect people to judge or criticise me.

Whether it is for religious reasons or personal reasons frankly people shouldn't feel they have to explain themselves.

lets have a bit of love in the room eh?!

I havent said its wrong to do it. I havent said its right not to do it, i have just said that I wont be doing it, and the reason why. As i said on another post, if you want to do it, its fine. Thats the end of my oppinion right there :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->