Gobsmacked

I've never known a more pointless discussion than this has become - I'm sorry everyone else if you're actually bothering reading this.

I didn't say they had no function... I said 'useless', as in having no useful purpose (the antonym of useful being useless).
How can you try and draw a distinction between a function and a use? That doesn't even make sense. Just because your body can manage without something doesn't mean it had no use before it was gone. What about having a kidney removed? It wasn't doing nothing before it was taken out.

Without copy and pasting "redress the balance" and point out which of those body parts are useful? You can remove everyone of those part simaltaniously and the human body wouldn't even notice.
I already listed what the uses are of those different bits, most of them immunological uses. I'm not going to repeat it again and bore everyone even more. Copy and paste has nothing to do with it. Would you be less offended if I'd written all the responses in my own words? Or would you rather I went to Web of Knowledge and quoted you a bunch of scientific papers about the uses of these organs/parts?

You can't claim "bad science" when you misquote the orginal argument.
I didn't misquote anything. I used your words and responded to them. In my last post I went back to your email and put word for word your descriptions in quotations. This distinction you find between a function and a use does not mean I misquoted anything.

...and you still ignored my point... the point was the 'mother nature' argument doesn't hold water (as proved in this thread https://www.babyandbump.com/general-chatter/36253-baby-born-penis-his-back.html)

I already said I wasn't referring to your point about mother nature! I'm not interested in having an argument about circumcision with you or anyone else which is why I am ignoring it! But I've got to say using a one-off genetic anomaly like in this link as proof against the idea that 'mother nature' only gives things that are required is really scratching the bottom of the barrel. You have to draw a distinction between extremely rare genetic mutations and the normal parts that the average body develops with.

This discussion no longer seems to have any relevance to this thread so I see no point in continuing it in this thread any further. Sorry everyone else!

Hello all, well, what an interesting thread hey? I first read this a few days ago and I'm quite astonished by some of the views posted, but in turn I respect that we are all different and the way we chose to raise our child is our own business, (being that it is of course of no danger to the child). I really don't think PeanutBean meant anything malicious with her comments about the body parts though, some of the body parts do indeed have a purpose, although the body can survive quite well without them. Haha my mothers friend Leon, was telling me when his little 'uns were young, his wife passed him his little girl when she was hungry... who proceed to take a rather good shot at feeding off his nipple, and in his words "it bleedin hurt" haha. So you know, along with all the S&M people out there, I'm sure some use could be found for male nipples :p

The comments comparing circumcision to child abuse are just ridiculous, and should be treated as such. My current Fella is circumcised, but then again he's Canadian. He was the first Circumcised man I'd ever been with, and to be honest it didn't make one bit of difference to me. I'd never considered getting my child circumcised before reading this thread. But even after doing so, I think I would only get it done really for medical reasons. The babies father has mentioned nothing about wanting this done, and it's not a very big thing here in the UK, as has been pointed out previously. My religious views don't affect this either, so really in my mind I would do if for medical reasons only. But you know, I completely respect other peoples rights to do what they feel is right for their child. And yup, hugs to everyone too :p

I really don't think PeanutBean meant anything malicious with her comments
Don't think anyone thought she did :confused: Healthy debate because of different opinions I guess.

The comments comparing circumcision to child abuse are just ridiculous, and should be treated as such
Completely agree I refused to reply on that simply because I was appauled & hate people using the words 'child abuse' lightly.

-----

Generally I have no opinion on this decision made by Mums its not what I would do but thats 'me'. I am a bit pift about how one person with an opinion can twist & addon to anothers slyly though in attempt to belittle. One thing that really drives me mad (the twist of words).

:)

Aah but see, us humans have the ability to turn anything we read into the way we read it rather that the way it was wrote..and then use it to try and "prove" our point... if that makes any sense haha! On second thoughts, I don't think I ever make sense, bring on the smarties.

(The chocolates, not the brains!)

How can you try and draw a distinction between a function and a use

When you take it out of context there is little difference; but that is my point.
You can't use function (or triva) to prove a principle.
Out of context all you managed to do was cite information that wasn't even asked about. In context I was attempting to prove that the arguement was flawed.

I'll simplify my point with an example:

You can take out of a car the air filter, muffler, spolier, spare wheel, radio (any number of things) but the engine would still function... I could go into great detail about the function of each one of those objects (not that anyone asked)... but that doesn't really matter because all we were talking about was peoples views on cutting a centimeter off the exhausts tailpipe for cosmetic purposes.

Am I being dumb or are you completely missing what this thread was about?

I've never known a more pointless discussion than this has become...

...This discussion no longer seems to have any relevance to this thread so I see no point in continuing it in this thread any further.

someone took it off topic by trying to prove something that was never in question.

Hmm. I just found a bunch of toys on the floor over here.

Anyone know who they belong to?

I got a leaflet through my letterbox today offering me newborn circumcision by an NHS doctor in my area for £80. How random!

Me too really ...lets go play in another corner haha

Can I join you cause I am very lost too. LOL

Down the toons road take your first left then sharp turn to the right third unit from the bottom! :rofl:

Odd mood I am!

soooo everyone..... how yer feelin?
lol
oooo UV i loooove Ren and stimpy tooo, sorry i replied so late lol!
I love it when stimpy farts and classes him as his son, stinky hahaha.... hilarious!

HHmm. A son Stimpy has. Call him Stinky He does!

Very Funny it was hhmmm?! Yes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->