Going back to work- Am I the only one?

Sarah88

Full time working mummy
Reaction score
Am I the only one that wants to return back to work? I'll be going back the end of feb when Savannah turns 5mths. I'll be putting Savannah into family daycare (if you don't know what it is then it's just someone qualified who is registered with a company and has a few kids at their own place, alot more one-on-one time), my SIL is also trying to start a family daycare so if she does then Savannah will be with her.

Anyways, my reason for this is me and my OH live with my parents and want to buy a house so I want to help contribute towards that and when i'm not working I can't.

Am I the only one who wants and is returning to work so soon? If you have done so, how did you find it? I'm a bit worried about leaving Savannah all day, especially as i'll still be bfing. I will be buying or renting an electric pump so will be pumping every 2-3hrs during the day so my supply won't diminish too much.

I'm returning at the beginning of February and dreading it!!! If we could afford it, I'd stay off until LO was 6 months.

She'll be at day care 2 days and with MIL/FIL 1 day.

Luckily in the Netherlands, they have a law which allows a parent to go to parttime for 6 months (or equivalent hours) without chance of being fired but you have to take the appropriate pay cut. So, when I talked with my boss, we decided on 3 days a week working at first.

Also with the economy suffering worldwide it worked out for both sides. However, still don't want to be away even 3 days. I'm already suffering separation anxiety just thinking about it.

I'm BF as well but am not sure if I'll move to the bottle before then or not. I was planning on transferring to the bottle in January but I really love BFing.

I don't know but you're definitely not alone in the worries!!

I wanted to go back but we couldnt find appropriate childcare.Now I work 3 evenings a week while my OH looks after Ophelia and he works full time in the day.But no,you're not alone,I know lots of girls who have done it xx

I missed being at work as I like the challenge. I went back after 3 months and although it was hard leaving my LO, I enjoyed being back at work. I could never be a full time mom / housewife. I've recently resigned to go to a job that was closer to home, and my current company came back and offered for me to work only 6 hours a day for the same salary which is fantastic. I'll have an extra 2 1/2 hours with my son every day!

Thank you Ratty, good to know theres another one who can't be a SAHM, I love savannah to death and will miss her dearly but i'm so bored. I'm not motivated to do anything coz I can just do it tomorrow or the next day. I am looking forward to a challenge again too.

I'm actually at work right now! LOL I work full time in a hospital ER on overnights. My son is in daycare 4 1/2 days a week. I sleep during the day but am easily reached if they need me. My daycare is through the hospital system where I work so it is very progressive and he eats better there than he does at home LOL J/K I was very conflicted but it really came down to the fact that I could not afford to be a SAHM and besides, I was given money by DH's parents to stay home for the first 6 months which was great but I missed being around adults. I enjoy working, especially in the ER. Love the adrenaline rush! And I am at ease knowing my son is very well taken care of and loved during the day. I couldn't ask for better daycare, honestly. That makes a world of difference. :D

How olds your son eclipse? ER would be an exciting place to work!

Im going back part time in Jan, then full time in may :) Not ideal but cant afford to pay our BIG mortage on just my maternity and OH wage. So gotta go back and even part time i earn over double what i would on maternity :) XxX

He just turned 2....I am so proud! :D The other sucky thing is the US hates maternity leave so we only get 12 weeks unpaid leave through the Family Medical Leave Act so to get that additional time I had to quit my job and then get rehired XD but it is all good now. I wish that would change soon.....just in case.... :D

i know for me after 9mths off i was so ready to go back to work. I totally get what you mean about being bored and as much as i love my kids and love spending time with them i think its good for them to spend time with other people. When i had nicole i didnt start working until she was 2 and it did us so much good being apart from each other.

my mum looks after callum when im at work, so she gets to spend quality time with him too.

I wish i could have a family member look after Savannah but everyone works which sucks, But i'm excited about her spending time witt other kids and getting a routine. I'm horrible at routines. Plus I think it will make me cherish the time I spend with her more

I am really lucky that my mum looks after them for me the only downside is i dont feel i can ask her to look after them at any other time.

I missed being at work as I like the challenge. !

i can safely say that being a full time mummy is the most challenging job i've done!!..or maybe i just have a high maintenance LO?!

I went back when Chloe was 4mths, i hated leaving her all day five days a week but i was on my own at the time and needed adult company not just the extra money! I then found the time we did have together was a lot more calm and enjoyable, part time would have been better but wanst an option. x

Im planning to go back by may next year, but i`m gonna start looking for a new job by january! So atleast i can have enough time to give my notice. I`m looking forward to go back to work and at the same time i`m not as i will miss spending time with LO!!! I even asked OH if it would be ok if i stay home and he works which seems fine for him. BUt i still want to work and get to have different surroundings. But then i think of jayden and think how i will miss him. :(

oh bloody hell i'm going back.... i'm actually dare i say it looking forward to it? i really value being a mum but i need to be challenged outside that role too!!!

ium going back work after christmas if i can find one with the credit crunch!

Riley will go into nursery monday-wednesday then my gran will have him on the thurs and friday all ill ask is that if he crawls, walks, talks anything like that i dont want to no id like to think i was the first person to see that no one else :blush:

Im going back in Sept... Only because I get a year off with almost as much as I made before... But after that I will be going back cause we sure as heck cant pay our mortgage without my job... I dont know how people do it with just the OH working, we make alot of money.

im going back first week in january only for 2 days a week though and dave will be here those days to look after him im just worried about him not sleeping through and how im going to cope xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
confettiblue
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->