going on holiday want to take my fluff

sahara

Me, my OH and DD Nicola
Reaction score
I am going to france for 2 weeks and I want to take my fluff with me. Originally I had planned to use sposies, but now I don't want too.

Trouble is there are going to be 10 of us using one washing machine and I have no idea how good/what the washing machine is like.

I know I need a large wetbag so anyone who has one for sale pls let me know.

What I am trying to ask is this feasable and how can I make things as easy as possible for myself.

Also would it be OK if the washing machine was pants. Could you hand wash nappies if need be.

I need to be prepared for every eventuality :haha:

you can handwash - just remember your rubber gloves and rinse well!

if you give them a good wash when you get back you should be fine.

We are going on holiday in Jan to Jamaica; where we stay we don't even have running water and the water we do get is cold, but Hubby wants to continue using the fluff.

He states if we wash every morning the sun will bleach anything we can't get out.

I think he's being unrealistic, but I'm willing to try.

i went to italy and shared one washing machine with 16 people - i did a mix of hand washing and machine washing and it all worked fine. it was warm enough for the nappies to dry quickly. i took a mixture of stay dry flips and bgs with bamboozle stretchies for night.

i was so glad i took them with me as the disposables i used for the journey drove me mad !!! stupid BA lost all my night nappies and wool for 2 days though !!

thats great ladies. can you advise on the best way to hand wash?

OH said i have to use disposables when on holiday hes an ass :)

I was thinking this, as we go away in october and i honestly cba to lug a load of disposables down there, there'll be no room for me in the car.

I was gonna get LOADS of Flips and the flip liner things, as i think that'd be easier. Not as pretty mind, but will see how i get on!

Gonna take a few disposables just in case though.... never know what washing machines are like in places.

I was in France for 10 days, got back last week

I took my Itti Bittis, and mostly washed them by hand, I used rubber gloves and did them in the kitchen sink.

I did 1 cool rinse, and squeezed them etc in the water
Then I washed them with a little powder, 2 more rinses, then spun them in the washer and hung out on the line

Easy peasy!

I was thinking about this, this morning - I was planning on taking sposies when we go to Dorset next month - there is a washing machine but depending on whos going (my cousin will not be impressed if I want to use the machine for pooe'y nappies lol) but decided this morning I dont actually like them so dont want to use them if I can help it :wacko: think i'm gonna play it by ear and take them (we're in england so can buy nappies if we want them) :)

on the note on flips and boring :) soon the weehuggers which are made my blueberry are coming out and are similar to flips and soooooo cute :D

I'm going to use flip nappies. We're to to Jamaica (just in case everyone wasnt aware yet) so I thought 2 flips and sposies inserts for day and normal ones for night as they will dry in that heat.

We are going on holiday in Jan to Jamaica; where we stay we don't even have running water and the water we do get is cold, but Hubby wants to continue using the fluff.

He states if we wash every morning the sun will bleach anything we can't get out.

I think he's being unrealistic, but I'm willing to try.

As someone who have lived in Jamaica (and also went there for a vacation back in 2008), I know what it is like not to have running water or without hot water but I have to say drying clothes in Jamaica is brilliant. The sun is so hot that my clothes were dry in a matter of a few hours! You might not have to wash every morning, lol! So, I would be willing to try! I would also bring flip disposable inserts as well.

We just got back from a long weekend of camping and used cloth. I handwashed using a biodegradeable dish soap and a touch of oxyclean in a pail and then rinsed a couple times and hung the diapers over the tent support rope thingies. I kept on top of the washing, making sure to wash after each diaper change (not essential, but I knew I'd run out of diapers if I got lazy, lol). I also just used a couple of Bummis covers with microfibre towels folded inside and a piece of fleece to cover the microfibre for daytime (wanted something super fast to dry) and a prefold added to the combo for nighttime.

Cloth on holidays is definitely do-able :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->