Going private

justkitty

First Time Mum
Reaction score
When my niece asked me to save her as the witch is coming (too much wizard of Oz) I nearly cried becuase I too wish the :witch: wasn't coming but she is (although a different witch!) and now its got me thinking.

I don't know if I want to wait ttil Oct before seeing the gyno again. If we've not concieved, he said my tubes will be checked and I'll go on more med (on metformin now). But by then I'll have been ttc for two years and well I am getting impatient now.

I keep wishing and praying my AF signs (spots on chin, bloating and PMS) aren't really there and I could be pregnant but I know that if I don't face reality, there will be tears by Wednesday.

So my question is: have you gone private? when did you decide? Do you know anywhere near Berkshire, and how much was it?

Ta!

Hello chick. I went to my GP in March about my very irregular periods. She did one set of blood tests then referred me on to the NHS fs. When I got the letter thru from them it was going to be a 4 month wait to see anyone, but then I remembered I had health insurance thru my work, tho it had a 1000 pound limit and wouldn't cover fertility treatment. Spoke to my GP who referred me privately to them with ammennoreah (sp?). Within a few weeks I had consultation, more bloods, internal and external ultrasound scan and s followup consultation. That's me at my 1000pound limit already! But have got a diagnosis of pcos and the fs will write to my GP advising she prescribe clomid.

I know there's no guarantees it'll work, but if not I'll be much further forward by the time I get to my NHS appt. I went with the Spire group (think they're nationwide) and I know they'll quote u prices. Some are even on their website. I would say shop around tho if u do go for it...think there is a big variation in price.

Good luck whatever u do tho hon xx

Thanks justwantababy! It's hard to be patient sometimes....

Hi there,
I went private - couldn't bear the idea of all the waiting etc I felt that my time was ticking away and the older I was getting the less chance it had of working. Best thing I ever did she is now asleep in her cot.
I went with CARE (in Manchester) they were fab. I waited about 2 weeks to see a FS and we went straight into IVF. On my next CD2 I went for blood tests and then started the next cycle. During our first apt DH had a sperm test and got the results back in 30 mins, much better than the months on the NHS.
My DD is 9 months and the cost was £2,700 for the IVF about £1,000 for drugs and I think about £300 - £500 for other tests. (I'm sure the prices are on their website) they also had an open night and tour which was helpful.
Best of luck Hun xx

Thanks justwantababy! It's hard to be patient sometimes....

Oh I know! Are u any further forward with what u might do? Have u any inkling what the issue might be? Or does everything seem to be in order, apart from no bfp?
If u can't stand the not-doing-anything would u maybe consider looking into acupuncture or something in the meantime?
Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"