Gonal Girls

Yep 11 days late now. I am going to call the RE in the morning. I'll keep you posted.

Alicatt,:hugs: Im glad you have your 4 frosties that you can try again with.

Amber, you may not have ovulated yet or ovulated late. The RE will know what's going on with an ultrasound. You may need to take Provera to induce AF then take injections to ensure you ovulate. I hope the RE gives you a clear answer.

AFM, I had my baseline ultrasound done and the cyst shrunk to 8mm- so I was cleared to do another combo cycle (clomid then injections). I will go in on Thursday to see how things are progressing. I'm hoping to get 3-4fmature ollicles this time around.

Bonnotron, did they give you a reason why they are upping your dose? How many mature follicles did you get with your last dose? either way- I hope you don't get all those cysts this time!

Alicatt,:hugs: Im glad you have your 4 frosties that you can try again with.

Amber, you may not have ovulated yet or ovulated late. The RE will know what's going on with an ultrasound. You may need to take Provera to induce AF then take injections to ensure you ovulate. I hope the RE gives you a clear answer.

AFM, I had my baseline ultrasound done and the cyst shrunk to 8mm- so I was cleared to do another combo cycle (clomid then injections). I will go in on Thursday to see how things are progressing. I'm hoping to get 3-4fmature ollicles this time around.

Bonnotron, did they give you a reason why they are upping your dose? How many mature follicles did you get with your last dose? either way- I hope you don't get all those cysts this time!

Thanks! Yes having the frosties made this negative a little easier to handle. I have a question though. Has anyone done an IUI after an IVF? I have heard that after IVF your body still has some leftover meds in it and it helps you ovulate more follicles than you normally would the cycle after IVF. I have 1 vial left of donor sperm ($750 value), and it is going to go to waste if I don't use it for an IUI. So I was thinking, what if I did an IUI this month? Then use the FET at another time? IDK. Trying to decide what to do?

Alicatt-:hugs: I'm so sorry Af got you! as for some advice to give I was wondering, what does FET stand for so I can try and help?

Kmae- Yay the cyst shrunk that's great news! Have they suggested a straight injection cycle rather than a clomid combo cycle for you yet?

Amber- I really hope they can give you some answers tomorrow on your UBBER LONG cycle:flower:

AFM- FS appointment went well this morning, having an HSG scan on my tubes on Wed to see if there is any blockage ( something they haven't done yet). FS also said that the fluid dispersed during the scan sometimes helps get rid of "cobwebs" in my tubes that they cant see via X-ray and many woman get pregnant right after so FXed [-o<. Also, I am going to straight Gonal F injections this month ( no clomid). I responded very well last month on my "combo" cycle so I am interested to see how a straight injection cycle will go. They are switching me off clomid/combo because my "HOO HA" drys up so bad that poor OH bleeds if I don't have enough preseed on hand and my periods are soooooo light ( thin lining); injections should prevent these (clomid) side effects so FXed. Leaving for Florida:plane: on the 10th with DD and OH which should be right when I ovulate or right after depending on how well I respond, cant wait for vaca, this family really needs it, and Ofcource DISNEYWORLD is on the list:winkwink:

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE!!!!:drunk:

Alicatt-:hugs: I'm so sorry Af got you! as for some advice to give I was wondering, what does FET stand for so I can try and help?

Kmae- Yay the cyst shrunk that's great news! Have they suggested a straight injection cycle rather than a clomid combo cycle for you yet?

Amber- I really hope they can give you some answers tomorrow on your UBBER LONG cycle:flower:

AFM- FS appointment went well this morning, having an HSG scan on my tubes on Wed to see if there is any blockage ( something they haven't done yet). FS also said that the fluid dispersed during the scan sometimes helps get rid of "cobwebs" in my tubes that they cant see via X-ray and many woman get pregnant right after so FXed [-o<. Also, I am going to straight Gonal F injections this month ( no clomid). I responded very well last month on my "combo" cycle so I am interested to see how a straight injection cycle will go. They are switching me off clomid/combo because my "HOO HA" drys up so bad that poor OH bleeds if I don't have enough preseed on hand and my periods are soooooo light ( thin lining); injections should prevent these (clomid) side effects so FXed. Leaving for Florida:plane: on the 10th with DD and OH which should be right when I ovulate or right after depending on how well I respond, cant wait for vaca, this family really needs it, and Ofcource DISNEYWORLD is on the list:winkwink:

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE!!!!:drunk:

FET = frozen embryo transfer basically transferring back the extra embryos I made during my last IVF.

Have fun in FL! Sometimes a vacation is exactly what you need to get pregnant!

Happy New Years!

Got my 9 day scan tomorrow (except it is 10 days due to new years). Egg collection is getting closer and i am getting nervous about everything. There are too many what ifs. Aaaaaggggh!

Got my 9 day scan tomorrow (except it is 10 days due to new years). Egg collection is getting closer and i am getting nervous about everything. There are too many what ifs. Aaaaaggggh!

Congrats! I bet you are excited to see how many follicles you have and how big they are! It won't be long now!

Happ New Year ladies!!

My appt is on Thursday to figure out where to go next. IUI, or FET? More testing is definitely needed. Will let you all know how it goes!

Izzie.. if you start feeling bloated, drink plenty of electrolytes and eat protein, it will help you feel better in the days leading up to ER and ET.

:hug:

Izzie.. if you start feeling bloated, drink plenty of electrolytes and eat protein, it will help you feel better in the days leading up to ER and ET.

Thanks for the advice - is that sports drinks?

I am getting mild pain on alternate sides each evening, terrible wind and constipation (sorry tmi!). Looking forward to seeing what they will say tomorrow! :headspin: fxed

Thanks for the advice - is that sports drinks?

I am getting mild pain on alternate sides each evening, terrible wind and constipation (sorry tmi!). Looking forward to seeing what they will say tomorrow! :headspin: fxed

Yes, things like gatorade, or even pedialyte. Not sure if they have those things in the UK? Protein shakes and protein bars help with the bloating. I took stool softeners to help with the constipation. It might get worse after the ER so you might want to ask your FS tomorrow if it is OK to take stool softeners to help out. Mine said it was OK, but you never know, each FS is different! Best of luck tomorrow! There is an IVF thread I have been on for Oct/Nov/Dec but I think we are going to start a new IVF thread for the first quarter of 2013 since a few of us failed this last time around. Here is the link to the current IVF thread: https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/assisted-conception/1179015-ivf-oct-nov-dec.html

Alicatt, even Clomid seems to stay in my body for a month or so after, but, I am not sure if you would still ovulate more than one egg or not- IVFu meds are a lot stronger so they probably have a more intense staying power. I would see what your RE thinks would give you a better chance. If you are not doing FEZt this cyle then I would say do IUI as you have nothing to loose ( except or the cost of IUI).

Momof, my RE asked if I wanted to do all injections or not this round- but since they finally got my dosage right, I thought I would try another combo cycle. I respond very well (the first time- too well) on the Clomid/injections- even on the lowest dose. I am afraid I'll overstim if I just do the injections alone. But if I dont get pg this round, then I will do a round of just injections next since I believe it gives you an even stronger ovulation and doesn't have the drying side effects that Clomid has.

Izzie, let us know how your scan goes. I hope there are tons of follicles developing!

Thanks Kmae! I have an appt on Thursday with my FS and we'll figure out what to do next. I will let you all know what we decide!

Cool that the combo works for you, I didn't like how clomid made me feel or how thin my lining was on it. Best of luck in the new year!

Izzie- GL on the scan doll.

Alicatt- Thanks for filling me in ;o) I cant wait to hear what you end up going with this month!

Kmae- I am on my first round of just injections. I responded well to the combo cycle last month but it didn't work and I was so dry + thin lining so we are trying injections only. I cant wait to see how my follies respond. I am very scared of over stimulating though. I have my us on Friday to see how it is going. When is your scan?

Alicatt- Thanks for filling me in ;o) I cant wait to hear what you end up going with this month!

Kmae- I am on my first round of just injections. I responded well to the combo cycle last month but it didn't work and I was so dry + thin lining so we are trying injections only. I cant wait to see how my follies respond. I am very scared of over stimulating though. I have my us on Friday to see how it is going. When is your scan?

You might also want to try using mucinex or evening primrose oil to improve your CM. I know it sounds odd using mucinex to get your CM to be greater, but it helps to loosen mucus in your body, including your female parts. Evening primrose oil can be used up until ovulation as well, but you need to stop taking it as soon as you ovulate as it can hinder implantation.

Best of luck to you this cycle! I'll let you all know how my appt with my FS goes on Thursday. Hopefully he has some ideas on how to get my body to allow for implantation. FX'd for you!

My scan is Thursday. It couldn't come soon enough! I can't wait to find out how your follies are developing!

I tried musinex and EPO but neither seemed to give me EWCM. I have never really had any even in a non medicated cycle- which could be one of the problems. I'm hoping IUI will help with that as the lil swimmers won't have to swim far.

Izzie, let us know how your scan goes. I hope there are tons of follicles developing!

I have 20 folicles, 15 of which are at a good growth level. Just waiting for blood test results to see if i need to change dose of Gonal. Have another scan on Friday and may go for egg collection on Monday if all well! :happydance: so relieved!

I have 20 folicles, 15 of which are at a good growth level. Just waiting for blood test results to see if i need to change dose of Gonal. Have another scan on Friday and may go for egg collection on Monday if all well! :happydance: so relieved!

:happydance::thumbup:

Ali - so sorry for the bfn...yes i have heard of ladies doing IUI right after IVF for the same reason you explained. I read about it sometime ago on another board...let us know what you decide.

Amber - any news as to why your cycle is so late?

bonno -welcome back!

Izzie - what awesome numbers hun!

kmae - good luck on your scan, I cant wait to hear about it!

Lotus - OMG.....huge congrats hun! Will they do another beta? What protocol were you on? How many did you put back in? Sorry for all the questions...I am just curious as I might be doing IVF soon.

Lola - woohoo for oving!

Tonya - happy to hear that....

under - awesome news hun!

afm - I have 2 corpus luteum cysts to contend with. My abdomen is the size of a 5 month pregnant woman and to top that off I am suffering from the worst trapped wind I have ever had. I went to the dr this morning and he said the cysts are 48 mm on my left and 38 on my right....So what now? As for the gas he really didnt want to give me anything because of the fear that i might be pg. I guess we have to wait and see if I am pg first! Anyone know anything about Corpus Luteum cysts?

Izzy- WOO HOO thats awesome news!!!

kmae- I cant wait to here about your can on thursday, how many IUI's have you had so far?

I heard that preseed is great for TI, anyone try that for CM issues?

AFM: HSG went great today tubes are wide open, cant wait to give myself another shot tonight ;o)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->