Gonal Girls

Izzie - it is often better to do a FET than a fresh transfer, as sometimes the meds make it difficult for the embryos to implant. So maybe this is all for the best? I hope it all turns out OK!

Thank you - i googled last night and found some research that said this. Will find out in the next couple of hours, but not so nervous now. Thank you

I'll be doing a FET in Feb/Mar since my fresh transfer didn't work. My FS even mentioned that some women do better with FET than fresh. :hug:

Izzie - it is often better to do a FET than a fresh transfer, as sometimes the meds make it difficult for the embryos to implant. So maybe this is all for the best? I hope it all turns out OK!

Thank you - i googled last night and found some research that said this. Will find out in the next couple of hours, but not so nervous now. Thank you

I'll be doing a FET in Feb/Mar since my fresh transfer didn't work. My FS even mentioned that some women do better with FET than fresh. :hug:

This will be wonderful to look forward to. I will have my fingers , double tripple, quadrupley crossed for you that month!:hugs:

hey ladies - bfn for me 12 dpo...I will catch up with everyone in a little while!

I have probably my last injection tomorrow and egg collection Tuesday. Been in a bit of pain today - it hurts wheni walk, cough, laugh and go to the toilet. I hope this is becasue it is working well. I have a scan tomorrow morning. Has anyone else expereinced abdominal pain in the final stages of Gonal?

I have probably my last injection tomorrow and egg collection Tuesday. Been in a bit of pain today - it hurts wheni walk, cough, laugh and go to the toilet. I hope this is becasue it is working well. I have a scan tomorrow morning. Has anyone else expereinced abdominal pain in the final stages of Gonal?

Izzy.. when doing IVF, they try to hyper stimulate your ovaries, that means that they get a little swollen, and with all the extra follicles, they are way bigger than normal. Just think, each follicle at the time of collection should be 15-20mm, and most women have 10-30 of those! Then your ovary that is the size of your thumb is probably the size of an orange. So it is normal to feel a little uncomfortable, there is a lot going on down there. My FS said, if I gained more than 5 lbs in a day, or if I had trouble breathing to contact them, and/or go to the hospital. I hope this helps! Did they tell you what your estrogen level was? That is usually a good way to measure how close you are to your egg collection.

Best of luck tomorrow!

I'm so sorry TTCbaby :hugs: :hug: :hugs: Fxed that next month brings great things for you!!

Izzy- I am on Gonal with TI and I am on my last two days on injections; I feel the pain already. I only have 4 follies that are growing to size, with IVF i'm sure you have many more and are probably feeling twice as much pain as I am. But to answer your question it is absolutely entirely normal I felt it last month on injections too:flower:. With gonal you want to feel the pain, that way you know it's doing it's job:winkwink:. GL!!!

Izzie - feel better hun and good luck in your er!

thanks Momof - I am trying to set up everything for IVF in march...I am hoping we will have enough funds by then!

Izzie - feel better hun and good luck in your er!

thanks Momof - I am trying to set up everything for IVF in march...I am hoping we will have enough funds by then!

I was just stalking your personal journal and got so emotional over the last week of your ttc journey! I wish I could just reach through this comp and give you the biggest hug hun! so I'll do second best........... :hugs: :hug: :hugs: :hug: :hugs: :hug: I'm sending you lots of :babydust: all the way from Maine!!!!

awww thank you so much momof1...that means so much to me. This ttc stuff is so hard and it is nice to have someone like you supporting me ;)

I am sending you all the baby dust for this cycle, I hope you get your bfp!

Ttcbaby,:hugs: I hate that you got a BFN. :hugs: I hope you are able to do the IVF in March.

Momof1, what cd are you on? How big we're your 4 follicles?

Izzie, I have my fingers tightly crossed for you!

AFM, I just had my IUI this morning (36hrs after trigger). They said DH's sample was good but didn't record the numbers so I don't know how good. So here's hoping it worked. We will BD tonight to be on the safe side!

Egg Collection all set for Tuesday. I have 13 folicles ready and will take the last injection tonight. Three drs have now said that the polyp will 'probably' not be a problem due to it's position and they can get round it to implant the egg. Final decision at Egg Collection. fxd! x

sorry for all the BFN's girlies...

going to my FS in two weeks to have a chat regarding IVF.

My last IUI cycle was strange. I started spotting day 7 and 4 days later it turned into full AF. Doesn't that mean something went wrong?

For some reason I don't have any expectations regarding IVF. Is it wrong to start thinking that I may never have a child?

Everybody says" stay positive, it will work " , and all I can think off is " shut the f**k up" and stop telling me it's gonna be ok cos you don't know that.

Many women fall pregnant after years of infertility but many don't. What if I am in that group. How will I cope......

I hate the way I feel right now :-(

Hey Everybody!! Not sure if anyone remembers me, but I was pretty active on this thread back in the summer when my husband and I were TTC with an RE. After one too many meltdowns, we decided to take a break...of course we tried on our own, but alas...no success! I've been keeping up with all of you of course...and I've been thinking about reasserting myself as we have an appt. w/ the RE scheduled for the 24th and odds are we'll be trying IVF. Just wanted to let you know bizzibii, that we'll be in the same boat at about the same time. It made me sad to read your post about possibly not getting pregnant. I know how you feel, but if you think about it, hope is all we gals have, well hope and a huge amount of medical technology!!! I'm sure you've heard it many a time, but you're only 29...it didn't happen for me til I was 36, and now I'm a few months short of 40 and it ain't happening again!!! But I'm staying hopeful and you should too!! When's your iVF consultation??

Hi Ladies..

I've had 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs. I'm now doing some really detailed testing on clotting factors, and autoimmune factors as well as something called NK (natural killers). There are plenty of reasons that women don't get pregnant when everything is perfect. I'm living proof! I just think and pray daily that it will happen. I know it is difficult to stay positive and to keep hoping and praying for something when it is not happening. I just turned 40 in the fall, and my time is running out, but I keep telling myself it will happen.

Things to think about when you have had several failures:

Diet - up to 85% of unexplained infertility is caused by gluten intolerance
Hormones - are you hypo/hyper thyroid? Get your TSH close or under 2
Ovarian Reserve - is yours compromised? Get your AMH tested and your antral follicle count (this is for ladies that are in their 30s-40s).
Male Factor - are his swimmers OK?
Egg Quality - there are supplements you can take: CoQ10, Maca Root, Royal Jelly, Vitamin D
Implantation Issues - pineapple core, selenium or brazil nuts, walking to get that blood flowing
Clotting issues - if you have had repeat implantation failure or repeat miscarriage, you should have this tested
Autoimmune disorders - repeat implantation failure or repeat miscarriage - get this tested
NK Cells - are you one of those people that never gets sick? You could have overactive NK cells that are great for your immune system, but not so great for getting pregnant. These cells can attack the embryo and stop it from implanting.

I haven't gotten the results from my tests on clotting, autoimmune and NK cells, so I'm not quite sure what the Dr will recommend. However I have been told that they have ways to treat most of the issues. You just need to get in to see your FS and walk through your histories with them, and don't be afraid to ask questions! :hug:

Kmae - so happy you are in the TWW. I hope this is it for you!

Bizz - Those doubt are sometimes a horrible reality. All of us LTTTTCers can relate to feeling that at least once during this journey. Truth is we really have not control whether we get pg or not, but we have to continue to increase our odds by doing what we are doing. Hopefully, one day we will all our lil ones and be able to look at them and remember this time in our lives when we were so deseperate for them and it will enable us to love them all the more!

Turkey - welcome back hun! I think I will be doing IVF in March...if we can swing it financially.

Alicatt - I have been thinking about the clotting, immune issues, and the NK Cell thing myself. However because I am self pay I dont know if I can afford all of the testing as well as IVF. My dr has not even brought these things up to me. I guess she wants to try IVF once first and then go from there. How much does this kind of testing entail? Is it just a blood test?

Alicatt - I have been thinking about the clotting, immune issues, and the NK Cell thing myself. However because I am self pay I dont know if I can afford all of the testing as well as IVF. My dr has not even brought these things up to me. I guess she wants to try IVF once first and then go from there. How much does this kind of testing entail? Is it just a blood test?

I have health insurance and it pays 100% for all in-network labs. However the lady did say that the cost of those labs was over $3000. The NK testing is not done through my normal in-network lab and they called me on Friday to get payment of $580. They said they would run it through my insurance, but she didn't think it would help.

They did a long list of initial testing prior to my first IVF as well, it including a full hormonal panel, CF testing and other chromosomal testing, HIV, Hepatitis, and other STD tests as well. I think it was close to $2000 for those tests, but my insurance paid for them.

In addition to the blood work, they also did a tube test and a HSG to make sure that my tubes and uterus were ok, and if I'd had a DH they would have done a SA on him to make sure his :spermy: were OK.

I know that all of this is expensive, but not doing these tests before doing an IVF cycle could possibly be wasting your money. I'd definitely discuss these things with your Dr, and see what he has to say. He will have a better idea of what you should and shouldn't do prior to your IVF based on your medical history.

IVF is part art and part science, and so much is based on luck too! You can have a perfect cycle like I did last month and still get a :bfn: My FS is still shocked that we didn't get pregnant. He said he was considering submitting my cycle as a journal article because my embryos were so beautiful and that I'm 40 and still being able to do so. His plans were scuppered though since I didn't get pregnant :( I have 4 beautiful embryos on ice :cold: waiting for me and we'll do a FET in Feb or March, and if that fails we still have 1 more chance. I hope my rambling has helped!

:hug:

Izzie, GL with the egg collection!

Bizz, any of us who have been trying for so long have had these thoughts. I was just thinking today that if I don't get pg this cycle after having 4 mature follicles & IUI- then I will really start to think something is seriously wrong and get even more scared. But like the others have said, hope keeps us going and we are here to support you through this really shitty roller coaster of ttc:hugs:

Turkey, I remember you! I'm happy your back! Let us know if IVF is a go.

Alicatt, thank you for that info! I am actually cutting out gluten for the next month or two (going on vacation in Feb so it might be very difficult). I just went shopping yesterday to load up on gluten free foods. I'll try anything! I would rather be diagnosed with a problem that can be fixed instead of just being labeled unexplained infertility.

Izzie, GL with the egg collection!

Bizz, any of us who have been trying for so long have had these thoughts. I was just thinking today that if I don't get pg this cycle after having 4 mature follicles & IUI- then I will really start to think something is seriously wrong and get even more scared. But like the others have said, hope keeps us going and we are here to support you through this really shitty roller coaster of ttc:hugs:

Turkey, I remember you! I'm happy your back! Let us know if IVF is a go.

Alicatt, thank you for that info! I am actually cutting out gluten for the next month or two (going on vacation in Feb so it might be very difficult). I just went shopping yesterday to load up on gluten free foods. I'll try anything! I would rather be diagnosed with a problem that can be fixed instead of just being labeled unexplained infertility.

I agree! Being GF is not that difficult. I barely even eat GF foods that aren't naturally GF. For example, I don't buy GF bread, crackers, or pasta. I figure why do I need those foods? Sure on occasion it is nice to have a cookie, or a sandwich, but I choose to steer clear of those foods most of the time. I get carbs from rice, quinoa, potatoes (sweet and regular), beans and other vegetables. So my meals are fruit, dairy, vegetables, legumes and lean meat, with limited grains. :thumbup: Yes, vacations can be difficult, but just stick with things like seafood, steak, chicken, rice, potatoes, vegetables, fruit, etc. Even more important.. have fun on your vacation! Being stress free really helps with fertility too!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->