Gonal Girls

Alicatt, I'm sorry that you're about to ovulate with no spermies! That probably feels the same as when I had a canceled cycle (where you have the spermies but can't use your eggs). Did you just recently decide you wanted to be a mommy? I was going back and forth with wanting kids and at 30 my biological clock turned on full blast- but here I am 2 years later and still ttc. Makes me feel guilty sometimes for not wanting kids sooner (I know i shouldn't think like that). But at least we have modern medicine to help us out! I really hope they figure out what's going on and that you're next IVF is a success.:hugs:

Alicatt, I'm sorry that you're about to ovulate with no spermies! That probably feels the same as when I had a canceled cycle (where you have the spermies but can't use your eggs). Did you just recently decide you wanted to be a mommy? I was going back and forth with wanting kids and at 30 my biological clock turned on full blast- but here I am 2 years later and still ttc. Makes me feel guilty sometimes for not wanting kids sooner (I know i shouldn't think like that). But at least we have modern medicine to help us out! I really hope they figure out what's going on and that you're next IVF is a success.:hugs:

For me I always just assumed that I would work hard, find a man, get married and have kids. My 30s flew by and still no DH. At about 37 I was thinking about it, but wanted to lose a little weight, but by 38 I still hadn't lost the weight. At 39 a friend said.. umm.. maybe you should try TTC AND losing weight? Your biological clock is ticking so loudly I can hear it. HAHA. So I thought about it and said, yep, now or never. Here I am now 40 and still trying. On the bright side, during this whole TTC period, I have met someone that I am very interested in. So maybe I was meant to go down this path to find him and to have a baby? Life happens for a reason, and I'm hoping this is what was meant to be! Now I just need to get the results next Friday and get moving on my FET :)

You are still young, and have plenty of time to make a baby. It is a good thing that you are working on it now, but don't feel guilty for living your life. If there is one thing I have learned, it is important to learn from your mistakes, but not to dwell. We cannot change the past, but we can make choices today that will make our future brighter.

Hey ladies. I've been MIA for awhile. The miscarriage really took its toll on me emotionally. I have been a wreck. But FINALLY got my period and we're giving it another go. Gonal f, lupron, metformin, dexamethasone and baby aspirin. Last night was my first dose. Ultrasound Monday to see how the stims are workin.

How is everyone?? Any new BFPs? Sorry about the cancelled cycle Alicatt :(

Well said Alicatt...I agree...I could have ttc with my first husband at my prime fertility age but we didnt and I beleive that was for a reason. I met my now husband and now it seems right. I would have never met my current DH if I didnt marry my first. So everything does happen for a reason!

Lauren - welcome back hun....are you doing another IUI?

Thanks for that advise Alicatt and ttcbaby. Yah, I also typically think everything happens or a reason- just don't know what that reason is this time. My DH and I are happily married (been together 8yrs), are financially stabile, and I even went part time at my work a year and a half ago (plus my work has an onsite daycare!). Guess only time will tell...

LaurenM, welcome back!!! Let us know how Monday goes!

I have a question for everyone, I got a cyst after each of my last 2 injectable cycles. Does that mean if I don't get pg this cycle, that I am guaranteed to get a cyst again from the meds?

Thanks for that advise Alicatt and ttcbaby. Yah, I also typically think everything happens or a reason- just don't know what that reason is this time. My DH and I are happily married (been together 8yrs), are financially stabile, and I even went part time at my work a year and a half ago (plus my work has an onsite daycare!). Guess only time will tell...

I have a question for everyone, I got a cyst after each of my last 2 injectable cycles. Does that mean if I don't get pg this cycle, that I am guaranteed to get a cyst again from the meds?

I am not really sure whether you are guaranteed to get a cyst or not, but if you repeatedly get cysts, you might want to discuss using different meds? Maybe a different type of stimulation would work differently and not cause cysts?

Kmae - I actually have the same question as I believe am using gonal F again for IVF....I had huge cysts from them in my second IUI..on the flip side I didnt get cysts on the first IUI with gonal F....so who knows.

Kmae - I actually have the same question as I believe am using gonal F again for IVF....I had huge cysts from them in my second IUI..on the flip side I didnt get cysts on the first IUI with gonal F....so who knows.

I used Gonal F in my IUI cycle back in July/Aug but when I went to IVF (and had a different FS) they switched me to a combination of Menopur and Bravelle. Have you asked your FS if the Gonal F is causing the cysts? Maybe a different protocol would be better? I'm wondering if I don't have a cyst at the moment too. I'm on CD 13 and had EWCM that was tinged pink! I don't know if it is a side effect of my failed IVF cycle, a cyst, an ectopic? I had some pretty fierce pain and cramping last night and a little this morning. Right now it isn't too bad. I am going back to see my FS on the 18th so I guess I will ask him about it then. Or if it gets worse I'll deal with it sooner.

Good point. If I end up getting another cyst I will talk to my RE about changing meds. I am currently on Clomid followed by Menopur- so maybe switching to Gonal-F might make a difference.

Good point. If I end up getting another cyst I will talk to my RE about changing meds. I am currently on Clomid followed by Menopur- so maybe switching to Gonal-F might make a difference.

I have heard that clomid is known to cause cysts so that might be a good idea! Thing is that clomid is cheap, Gonal F is not! It will be a few hundred dollars I think for a Gonal F pen. Whereas clomid is a anywhere from $5-$30 for the pills.

Ali - I believe a ectopic is kinda rare during IVF isnt it? Is your pain to one side? I believe you are right, I might ask my dr about maybe giving me something different for IVF to reduce the chance of the cysts. I also did have a lot of the OHSS symptoms but the dr didnt see any fluid when I went in for my ultrasound....instead he found these huge cysts. I couldnt believe how big they looked. It made my uterus look like so small in comparison!

Ali - can I ask you how much of the menapur and bravelle you went through during your cycle? I am trying to get an idea of how much these meds might cost me.

I used Gonal F in my IUI cycle back in July/Aug but when I went to IVF (and had a different FS) they switched me to a combination of Menopur and Bravelle. Have you asked your FS if the Gonal F is causing the cysts? Maybe a different protocol would be better? I'm wondering if I don't have a cyst at the moment too. I'm on CD 13 and had EWCM that was tinged pink! I don't know if it is a side effect of my failed IVF cycle, a cyst, an ectopic? I had some pretty fierce pain and cramping last night and a little this morning. Right now it isn't too bad. I am going back to see my FS on the 18th so I guess I will ask him about it then. Or if it gets worse I'll deal with it sooner.

It is pretty common for women to spot when they ovulate- so that is also a possibility. Maybe you just had a intense ovulation pains? Either way, I think it's a good idea to bring it up to your FS.

Ali - can I ask you how much of the menapur and bravelle you went through during your cycle? I am trying to get an idea of how much these meds might cost me.

I ended up having to take LOTS of menopur and bravelle. At freedom fertility menopur is $72/vial and bravelle is $49/vial. I was taking 6 vials of menopur and 3 vials of bravelle a day at the beginning. I want to say I needed like 60 vials of menopur? It was insane how much the meds cost.

Don't freak out, I think my situation was different than most. I'm 40 and while I don't have DOR, I am older. I am also a little over weight so I think like other meds, you have to increase the dose if you are heavier. So the combination of those 2 things made the costs of the IVF meds be really high. If you have 6-8 weeks before your IVF I highly recommend going with IVFMeds (in England). They take FOREVER to ship the meds, but they are way cheaper, like 1/2 the price. Discuss the costs of the IVF meds with your FS. They may or may not let you order from overseas, but my FS was fine with it. He knows how expensive the meds are, and did what he could to help make it more affordable.

Thanks ladies! I will let you know how Monday goes. I'm having ZERO side effects from the gonal f this time. I feel absolutely the same. I don't know if that's good or bad.

Ali-I never had my EWCM tinged with pink, but I had AWFUL o cramps last cycle. To the point where I had to get off my feet. It felt like the worse has pain EVER.

Had my ultrasound. I have no follies in my left side again and only one at 12mm on right and 3-4 others on right side ranging from 7-8mm. I responded so much better last time. And I'm taking metformin this time. I just don't get it. If I don't get a couple more good follies I'm not wasting an IUI on this cycle. Well just do TI. Ugh. Seriously bumming.

Lauren, what cd are you on? I only get checked at cd11. This last time I also didn't have any on one side- but I had 4 on the other. How many more days are you taking injectables? Did they increase your dose? Follies grow more unpredictably when on injectables- sometimes those small ones suddenly have a huge growth spurt and become mature. Hoping that is what will happen in your case.:hugs:

BTW, what is metformin?

Lauren, what cd are you on? I only get checked at cd11. This last time I also didn't have any on one side- but I had 4 on the other. How many more days are you taking injectables? Did they increase your dose? Follies grow more unpredictably when on injectables- sometimes those small ones suddenly have a huge growth spurt and become mature. Hoping that is what will happen in your case.:hugs:

BTW, what is metformin?

Today is cd9 for me. I don't know how many days they'll have me take my injectables. Today will be day 6. I didn't hve to take them nearly as long last time. The metformin is for PCOS to help stabilize my insulin levels as I'm borderline insulin resistant.

thanks Ali! I will check it out. I am trying to bring down my weight before my IVF in March. I hope that will help to lower my meds bill!

Hey ladies. Sorry I've been MIA! I was kind of bummed to not get back on meds this cycle. Just been trying to keep busy and enjoy relaxing time with DH. I am testing for ovulation this cycle and so far there is a faint 2nd line so just waiting for that to darken up. We have started to BD every other night since around cd 8 so FX!!

Ali I have had cysts and bad O pains as well either one can cause a pink tinged ewcm. I hope this cycle is speedy for you and you get to jump into your FET next cycle with answers!!!

Hey Lauren I've been wondering how you were doing. Sorry you're not responding well this cycle. Did they increase your dose at all? I have noticed my RE has increases my dose from cycle to cycle and sometimes even in the middle of the cycle. Maybe you should ask your DR and see if there is something else you can try to get more positive results. FX for you!!

kmae I generally believe everything happens for a reason too. I have also often wondered why and I don't know if I will ever know. I was going through some of my youngest's baby clothes looking for something for a friend and found an outfit that says "I was worth the wait" it's nothing fancy but I'm pretty sure if it's season appropriate that will be our future baby's coming home outfit. I almost balled my eyes out. So many people take for granted what comes so hard to a lot of us so maybe in some way this is to strengthen us and make us even more appreciative when it is our time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->