Gonal Girls

Hey Everybody!! Not sure if anyone remembers me, but I was pretty active on this thread back in the summer when my husband and I were TTC with an RE. After one too many meltdowns, we decided to take a break...of course we tried on our own, but alas...no success! I've been keeping up with all of you of course...and I've been thinking about reasserting myself as we have an appt. w/ the RE scheduled for the 24th and odds are we'll be trying IVF. Just wanted to let you know bizzibii, that we'll be in the same boat at about the same time. It made me sad to read your post about possibly not getting pregnant. I know how you feel, but if you think about it, hope is all we gals have, well hope and a huge amount of medical technology!!! I'm sure you've heard it many a time, but you're only 29...it didn't happen for me til I was 36, and now I'm a few months short of 40 and it ain't happening again!!! But I'm staying hopeful and you should too!! When's your iVF consultation??

Turkey.. I meant to say this earlier.. there is another thread for IVFs: https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/a...ivf-jan-feb-mar-2013-everyone-welcome-27.html

It might be of some help to you as they are all going through IVF. I am on that thread, and am hoping to have my FET in Feb or Mar. I think I remember you? I was just starting on Gonal F at the time. My FS here in the US put me back on menopur/bravelle for my IVFs though. GL and FX'd!

Hey Everybody!! Not sure if anyone remembers me, but I was pretty active on this thread back in the summer when my husband and I were TTC with an RE. After one too many meltdowns, we decided to take a break...of course we tried on our own, but alas...no success! I've been keeping up with all of you of course...and I've been thinking about reasserting myself as we have an appt. w/ the RE scheduled for the 24th and odds are we'll be trying IVF. Just wanted to let you know bizzibii, that we'll be in the same boat at about the same time. It made me sad to read your post about possibly not getting pregnant. I know how you feel, but if you think about it, hope is all we gals have, well hope and a huge amount of medical technology!!! I'm sure you've heard it many a time, but you're only 29...it didn't happen for me til I was 36, and now I'm a few months short of 40 and it ain't happening again!!! But I'm staying hopeful and you should too!! When's your iVF consultation??

I had a bad day... My consultation is Friday the 18th. I wanted to take some time off, just one cycle or so. I was way to emotional because of all the meds. plus wanted to forget about appointments and injections for a little while. I am not sure how it works exactly but I hope i can with the next cycle.

Thanks alicatt....I am having those prelim tests done now but the other ones for the immune system is not included. I am going to ask my Dr about it and maybe see if insurance will pick up some of the cost.

Thanks alicatt....I am having those prelim tests done now but the other ones for the immune system is not included. I am going to ask my Dr about it and maybe see if insurance will pick up some of the cost.

The nurse at my FS said that they don't usually do the clotting/immune/NK testing until you have had 3 implantation failures due to IVF. I was like really? That is insane! I'm not spending $30-40,000 on IVFs just to find out that they would never work because I have a clotting disorder! I wish I had known about them before I did 5 rounds of ART! You know? They may not do it yet, but it is worth the try to ask!

I knew I should have called on Friday. CD4 is the latest they start injections....so since I am cd6 it looks like I'm sitting this cycle out as well. Apparently they were having problems with their phone lines last week that's why a guy answered. Here I was thinking they were closed. Oh well maybe this is what I needed.

I knew I should have called on Friday. CD4 is the latest they start injections....so since I am cd6 it looks like I'm sitting this cycle out as well. Apparently they were having problems with their phone lines last week that's why a guy answered. Here I was thinking they were closed. Oh well maybe this is what I needed.

AWW.. that is no fun :( well maybe you can take this month to focus on something else? I am sitting out this month too :( I have decided to focus on eating healthier, and getting back to the gym and figuring out what supplements I need to take to improve implantation. So maybe you can do something similar?

Alicatt - that is just crazy....I def. cant afford 3 rounds only to find they were doomed from teh start.

Amber - sorry to hear that hun. You can I will be doing a natural cycle together!

Alicatt - that is just crazy....I def. cant afford 3 rounds only to find they were doomed from teh start.

Amber - sorry to hear that hun. You can I will be doing a natural cycle together!

I know! I think my FS could see that, and well I told him you have 1 vial of :spermy: and 4 frozen embryos left to get me pregnant! LOL! So that is why he is doing the testing now instead of after 1 more cycle.

Oh that i just scary..but wow 3000 to get the testing done is just another bill I cant afford!

Oh that i just scary..but wow 3000 to get the testing done is just another bill I cant afford!

Well that testing will be covered by my insurance, which is why I don't know why he didn't do it before? I am going to see this through, as I have 4 frosties, but that is pretty much it. I have 1 vial of :spermy: left too, but I'm not sure what to do with it? Maybe just do an IUI if nothing else works?

yeah it is worth a shot! The IUI I mean! I have been reading and everything is talking about reccurent misscarriages.....I have never been pregnant....anyway, I am going to ask my FS about this and see what she has to say about it.

yeah it is worth a shot! The IUI I mean! I have been reading and everything is talking about reccurent misscarriages.....I have never been pregnant....anyway, I am going to ask my FS about this and see what she has to say about it.

Me neither! I really haven't been trying that long. You know, 20+ years of NOT trying to get pregnant, and then 5 cycles where I am! It isn't a lot I know, but I'm trying to do it as a single person, so I only have the option of assisted reproduction. Or I go the turkey baster way :haha: Still, 5 cycles with donor sperm, 3 IUIs and 2 IVF's and no implantation at all? Something is just not right there. I mean I could understand if I had a chemical, or a MC at 6 weeks, I'd be just as sad, but at least I would know that something was happening right? :shrug: This infertility thing really sucks sometimes :cry:

Yea I'm going to try and get back in the gym since I won't have oversized ovaries to worry about lol! Try and get a little weight off before next cycle.

Ali - you are so right...this does suck!

Amber - good for you...when I am stimming I only work out from af to ovulation....but now since I have those damn cysts my dr said no gym for the next month. I am so upset about it because these meds make me gain weight and now I cant do to much to lose it!

Amber - good for you...when I am stimming I only work out from af to ovulation....but now since I have those damn cysts my dr said no gym for the next month. I am so upset about it because these meds make me gain weight and now I cant do to much to lose it!

Why aren't you able to workout with cysts? I get cysts every cycle after I do the meds- so wondering if I shouldn't be working out when I have them.

Why aren't you able to workout with cysts? I get cysts every cycle after I do the meds- so wondering if I shouldn't be working out when I have them.

It depends on the size of the cyst and how painful it is. The cyst can twist and possibly cut off blood flow to your ovary. It is rare and if it were to happen you would feel it! I is extremely painful. It isn't very common and if they are small you will likely be fine!

ttcbaby, I know how you feel- the meds make me gain weight too! But, on the cycles I have to take off due to cysts- typically some of the weight comes back off but I hate gaining weight without even being able to do it by eating sweets!

Okay, so I am symptom spotting again...:dohh: I just feel like one of the 4 mature follicles had to have fertilized right? I don't have many symptoms (or fantom symptoms)- but my bbs have been sore since yesterday (3 dpo) and I don't typically get sore bbs until 9 or 10dpo- so hopefully this is a good sign. Also, I have felt a couple of twinges in my ovaries- but that could also just be cyst forming. This tww is just going by SO slow this time. I hate all this waiting!:grr:

How's the rest of my ladies here doing?

ttcbaby, I know how you feel- the meds make me gain weight too! But, on the cycles I have to take off due to cysts- typically some of the weight comes back off but I hate gaining weight without even being able to do it by eating sweets!

Okay, so I am symptom spotting again...:dohh: I just feel like one of the 4 mature follicles had to have fertilized right? I don't have many symptoms (or fantom symptoms)- but my bbs have been sore since yesterday (3 dpo) and I don't typically get sore bbs until 9 or 10dpo- so hopefully this is a good sign. Also, I have felt a couple of twinges in my ovaries- but that could also just be cyst forming. This tww is just going by SO slow this time. I hate all this waiting!:grr:

How's the rest of my ladies here doing?

The meds make me gain weight too :( They suck! But I guess they are a necessary evil! :shrug:

I'm feeling very frustrated right now. I had EWCM this morning, which means I will be ovulating in 2-3 days. Normally that would be great news, but it is terrible news because I can't do anything about it! :grr: My FS has asked that I take a month off, and since I'm single I can't try on my own anyway. So here I am :coffee: as a perfectly good egg (or maybe eggs) pop out and there is no :spermy: to meet them. Seems so odd to feel this way since prior to 6 months ago I was hoping that there wouldn't be any :spermy: to meet the egg! Nuts! I tell you sometimes I think I am going nuts! :haha:

I hope for you that it is a really nice implantation twinge and not another cyst! :thumbup:

Kmae - yeah it could twist your ovaries and cut off the circulation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->