Gonal Girls

kmae that looks like a bfp to me I will keep everything crossed that you have nice hcg levels :)

Kmae - it looks bfp to me!! I think *if* there was any hint of the trigger, the line would be way lighter than that. Congrats!! :dance:

Kmae - it looks bfp to me!! I think *if* there was any hint of the trigger, the line would be way lighter than that. Congrats!! :dance:

I agree! I've tested out a trigger and each time its gone by 7-8 DPO!! So you should be good to go! Is it getting darker?

Yes, it looks like its getting darker! OMG, ladies- I think this is it! I really, really hope this bean sticks!

Got everything crossed for you kmae!!!

AFM having my typical confusing cycle! Either I missed my surge or I haven't had it yet....I'm CD19 but before meds I would have a surge kind of late. We DTD from about CD8 to CD14 every other day. Hoping that was enough if not we're probably out this cycle but will jump back into the meds next cycle!

Kmae - Defo BFP !!!!!! congrats. Trigger would be out of your system by now for sure !

Hugs x

Glad it's getting darker congrats :wohoo: :happydance:

So happy for you, I agree my trigger was waaaaay gone by then :)

Hi ladies!
I poked my head in here in November/December. I'm on my second cycle of Gonal F, last one resulted in a BFN with a cyst. This cycle I had great e2 numbers and had like 8 follies on my right ovary (the biggest one was 16mm), my left ovary had one follie that was 18mm at the last u/s on 1/11. I triggered Saturday at 11pm, IUI Monday late morning. I had intense pain and pressure while the IUI was done. Immediately after the IUI I had such pain I was doubled over...it hurt to walk, sit, lie down etc. I assumed it was ovulation pain and was normal (I addressed the discomfort with my RE while she was doing the IUI and she said the timing was right and the pain was ovulation pain). I'm now 3 dpiui and I'm still super uncomfortable. It feels like a huge, painful gas bubble or something is in my lower abdomen. Tonight I'm kinda nauseous, no real appetite and am just plain uncomfortable.

Sorry for the long winded background, my question is is this normal? I know the ovulation pain is, but is it common to feel this way days after the IUI?

Thanks for any advice and for reading!

I had exactly the same thing happening to me my last Gonal F cycle. I thought I am going to die. It resulted in BFN for me but when I spoke to my doctor about it , she said it may have been a little bit of blood from when the egg was released or something like that. It gradually got better for me . She said the pain is similar to appendix pain. She told me I should have called them just to double check.

So... I went for my IVF consultation. Since it's covered by my insurance there is a waiting list. I will be able to do it in April so I have few months to relax. Not happy about it but hey I cannot complain I guess. She said 45% success rate.... and all the things I already knew from reading it on the internet.

I really have a feeling I have bad eggs( I had a bad feeling when I got pregnant last year- I knew something was wrong... and it was ) She said they can have a closer look at them during IVF. Then I thought about donor eggs but for some reason it doesn't agree with me. It won't be my child. It will be my husband's child with some other woman. Am I wrong for looking at it that way ?

Anyway - I do hope we can see more BFP's on here very soon :)

Thanks everyone for the congrats! The last time I got pg I had a m/c- so as you can guess, I am on pins and needles hoping this one stays with me. rE hasn't contacted me back yet about getting betas done- so I'm going to call the office in just a bit.

Bizz, I totally get it. I was not really open to adoption because I wanted to create a baby with my husband; but, as time went on I began to be more open to it as well as other options as I just really wanted to be a mommy. They will be able to see your egg quality with IVF- but I would try not to think too far ahead and just take it step-by-step (I know that is asking for the impossible). They create a ton of eggs during IVF and will be able to pick out your best ones- hopefully, you will see a few good eggs. I hope April gets here before you know it!

bizzibii I too am going through the process of setting up IVF- I'm going to be sharing my eggs with another lady...
In my siggy is a link to my journal incase you want to chat and keep in touch :)

kmae everything crossed for you that this is your sticky bean :hugs:

Scerena - I will defo have a look on your journal

Kmae- it has to stick this time !

bizzibii - there are things you can do to improve your egg quality, and you are in the perfect spot to do it, as it typically takes 2-3 months for it to work. Mostly because eggs take 3 months to mature from start to finish. So if you were to start now, you'd have better quality eggs by the time you did your IVF. I have been through 2, and there is so much to learn and understand and so many things that can effect whether you get pregnant.

I would look into the following supplements:

royal jelly (as long as you aren't allergic to bees)
CoQ10
Maca Root
Vitamin D
Tapioca

There are others I think, but those are the top ones I took. I improved my egg quality 3 fold from the first IVF to the second one. Now I'm just waiting on FET. I was able to get 4 frosties. They found out that I have an implantation problem. So now we are working to fix that issue.

GL, and keep us posted!

alicatt what dose of CoQ10 were you taking?

I really don't know! I remember looking at the bottle and the number of capsules they told me to take per day, and I was afraid to take too much, so I went on the safe side and only took 1 capsule per day. I did that with all my supplements as I was afraid to take too much.

I think this is the bottle I was taking (the price looks right):
https://www.cvs.com/shop/product-de...s-Bounty-Co-Q-10-150-mg-Softgels?skuId=329910

I would just ask your FS about it, and see what they suggest, and failing that do what the bottle recommends. I am fairly sure mine said to take it 3 times daily, and I knew that I wasn't going to be able to do that (I can barely remember to take them 1 time a day). So I just figured I'd go with 1 capsule a day and see if it helped.

I had 2 high quality embryos on my first IVF, and 6 on my second. My AMH is still decent for my age at 3.5, but to see that increase in quality you know something worked! We did make changes to my protocol to regulate my estrogen more, and I did acupuncture, took those supplements starting about 7 weeks before, and ate a really healthy diet (no processed foods, lean meats, legumes, rice, fruit, veggies and dairy). So I am not sure what helped, but maybe it was a combination of all of the above?

All that just to find out that I have an implantation issue :wacko: At least we know now so when we transfer 2 of my frosties we will most likely get a BFP. I hope!

alicatt sorry to hear you have implantation issues :hugs: what do they do to help??

I have heard a lot of IVF ladies take the CoQ10 so I thought I might as well as I will be starting feb/march time...
My AMH is high- 35.05 but I have heard that doesn't necessarily mean the eggs are if good quality, so I am thinking to add in the CoQ10 just incase...

When are you doing your FET???

alicatt sorry to hear you have implantation issues :hugs: what do they do to help??

I have heard a lot of IVF ladies take the CoQ10 so I thought I might as well as I will be starting feb/march time...
My AMH is high- 35.05 but I have heard that doesn't necessarily mean the eggs are if good quality, so I am thinking to add in the CoQ10 just incase...

When are you doing your FET???

HMM.. I bet you are using a different scale than we do in the US. I don't think our scale even goes that high?

Here is a site that shows you the different scales:
https://www.drmalpani.com/amh.htm

High or optimal AMH can be normal if you are young (20-35) but if you are older like me, a high AMH can be indicative of PCOS. Which can lead to OHSS and bad quality eggs. If you have PCOS, or high AMH you will likely be a good responder to the meds for IVF, and I would suggest going on the long lupron protocol. That helps keep the estrogen in check and keeps you from getting too many eggs. Then again, your FS should go through all of that with you, and they will know better than me what protocol you should be on!

Taking the supplements should help! I guess you'll see when you do it!

Have they given you an infertility diagnosis? Do you have issues like thyroid or auto-immune issues, even things like allergies can alter your fertility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->