Gonal Girls

Just got the okay to start my gonal injections. I am starting at 75iu for 5 nights. I am very excited by nervous. Hoping for that BFP in 2012.

Baby Dust to all!!!!
:dust:

Hi ladies,

This is my first Gonal F + IUI cycle. Today is CD16 for me and at my monitoring appointment this morning I had one of my follies grow a whole .5 mm.](*,) They did not grow the last 3 times prior I have been in there. My RE upped my dose yet again for the next 3 nights. I am SO frustrated and I definitely feel like this isn't going to work. I have PCOS and 40 resting follies, so they want to take it slow so I won't mature more than 3 follies, but it is killing me!!!

scerena: I see you are having a similar issue as me. What CD are you on?

Good luck to everyone!:dust:

Hey ladies just popping in to say hello and tons of :dust:

Hi ladies I might start injections soon since oral meds are not working for me. My question is, I am overweight, 5'3 290lbs. And I wonder if an RE or FS will even allow me to do injectibles or IVF?

Sorry you never got a response but this thread is very slow. I rarely have time to get on here myself. But I am not 100 percent sure...I think you can use injectable meds...but I know IVF can be a little different when it comes to weight. The only person that can give you the answer is your clinic...since all clinics have different rules. Good Luck :flower:

Sunshine- It is sooooo annoying isn't it!!! I just want to go and see a nice sized follicle! I am cd20, tomorrow will be cd21 and I have a scan (they upped my dose on tuesday) I have a feeling that I will have no follicles growing for some reason...
I too have pcos hence why they want to take it slow which I understand but feeling frustrated that this cycle is going to be wasted... But I guess tomorrow is judgement day :haha: I will update as soon as I have been...
When is your next scan??? How big is your follicle??? And what dose are you taking???

Chiles- :hi: how is your pregnancy going??? When is your scan???

Screna and sunshine-Ladies I too had the same issue and I stimmed for a long time!!!! I would continue to take it slow as the RE states. It takes us PCOS ladies a bit longer but then it just happens like wildfire. Same thing happend with curliegirl not to long ago and she had to convert to ivf because she was a slow responder and then out of no where it was like BOOM. So dont give in yet!!!!! My BFP cycle was the same. I was not responding and then I had over 15 follies and like 7 mature. My cycle end up being cancelled and for the 1st time I ovulated on my own. I wasnt suppose to have sex but...oooppps. We honestly was not trying though I waited 2 weeks and who would of known I would of ovulated that late. It was a surprise. Its not over, hey just have to find the right dose.

Screana- Everything is going good this far. I am starting to feel pregnant!!! I will be 3 months next week.....each day I am a little more excited.

chiles- That has given me a lot of hope thanks :hugs: I know its bad but even if I over stimmed I would still bd- I know its dangerous but it hasnt happened in this long, just maybe could increase my chance although I am aware its dangerous... So do you have one bean??? How many cycles did you do??
So glad you are starting to feel pregnant :happydance: Yay for being nearly three months :hugs:

After its all said and done I just can't complain. I would not have it any other way. I honestly was surprised because my hubby numbers was not the best. If you do it then be prepared for the chances of multiples. I was okay with triplets at the most when I found out. Its better than zero right. But my RE was very nervous about the whole thing. I only have one baby. Out of like 5 cycles I responded to 2, and got pregnant the 2nd time. Its alot of trial and error with injections though. We was at our clinic for almost 6 or 7 months. And that was my 1st full gonal f cycle as well.

My hubbys numbers are not the best either although he is "normal" now... I know I shouldn't do it because of the risk of multiples and I am small but I dunno I guess I may change my mind if it ever actually come to it...
I bet you are soooo relieved that you did go ahead and bd that cycle now :)
Oh yes sorry just saw your siggy... yes one baby is definately better than zero :dance: Will you find out the sex of your baby at 20wks???
5 cycles.... great you responded to two though :) so love hearing success stories as it keeps me going as I have been on a loooong journey so far...
I hope I will be announcing a bfp on here soon like yourself :)
Just hoping these follicles have bothered to grow tomorrow not sure why they are being so lazzzzzy :dohh:

Oh yes, I definetly want to know the sex as soon as possible. My hubby SA was normal but borderline. I see lots of ladies here who hubbies numbers are like tripled compared to ours. lol. I am not judging you on making the choice of BD on cancelled cycle. I did. And it worked. And remember their are options that you can reduce the number of follicles. I freaked out at the last minute and they cancelled me. They also have selective reduction which alot of women disagree with but I think I would If its best fit for an healthy pregnancy and reduce the chance of miscarriage then go for it. I read on another forum where a women got pregnant with 5 and she reduced to twins because she would have had a higher miscarriage rate if she didnt, and reducing to twins brought it down to like 2 percent. May not be the best choice but its a choice.

I hope you get your bfp too!!!! I remember reading success stories like crazy...It does keep your hope up. I went through my LTTC journal and was in tears because I felt like I was on a neverending road and now I reached my pot of gold.
What CD are you on?

Aw yes I think I'd want to know the sex too :)

Yes my oh was very low- then borderline and last sa was 34mil he's due another soon so I know what you mean when you see others with very HIGH numbers...

It's good there are choices! I think I would take the risk like you, well if it ever comes to it :) how long was you ttc for???
I see baby is due January- I was a January baby too :)

It's nice talking to ladies who too are ltttc'ers and hearing their success stories, cause so many times I loose hope...

I will be cd21 tomorrow at the scan, I'm doing 112units now, do you know what cd they end up cancelling a cycle at if no/slow response?

It is funny. I totally don't want to know the sex. So few surprises in life.

Some of my family didn't find the sex out either and that was a surprise for them I just don't think I will be patient enough to not know but guess it might be different when the time comes :shrugg:

Sunshine- It is sooooo annoying isn't it!!! I just want to go and see a nice sized follicle! I am cd20, tomorrow will be cd21 and I have a scan (they upped my dose on tuesday) I have a feeling that I will have no follicles growing for some reason...
I too have pcos hence why they want to take it slow which I understand but feeling frustrated that this cycle is going to be wasted... But I guess tomorrow is judgement day :haha: I will update as soon as I have been...
When is your next scan??? How big is your follicle??? And what dose are you taking???

It's nice to know I'm not the only one stimming forever with barely any progress! UGH. I have been going in every other day for bloodwork and ultrasounds. It's getting old and I hate hearing the same thing every time I go in. My next appointment is Saturday. Tonight and the next 2 nights I take 187iu. I started off at 75iu for the first week then he upped it to 112iu for 5 nights. My scan today showed one at 9.5 and 8. The rest were too small to bother measuring.

I so hope you have some good follies tomorrow at your scan!!! Update us asap!

It's nice to know I'm not the only one stimming forever with barely any progress! UGH. I have been going in every other day for bloodwork and ultrasounds. It's getting old and I hate hearing the same thing every time I go in. My next appointment is Saturday. Tonight and the next 2 nights I take 187iu. I started off at 75iu for the first week then he upped it to 112iu for 5 nights. My scan today showed one at 9.5 and 8. The rest were too small to bother measuring.

I so hope you have some good follies tomorrow at your scan!!! Update us asap!

Scerena - that sounds like it's moving in the positive direction! I will have my FX for you.

Norah - how are you doing? Are you starting a cycle of clomid soon? Did it work for you before? I got no response with it.

Agiboma - what was your question? As mentioned before, this thread moves slowly.

@ curlie & sarena thanks for responding. My question was

!. when taking menopur or pure fsh is it mandatory to also take lupron to avoid over stimulation.

Scerena - that sounds like it's moving in the positive direction! I will have my FX for you.

Norah - how are you doing? Are you starting a cycle of clomid soon? Did it work for you before? I got no response with it.

Agiboma - what was your question? As mentioned before, this thread moves slowly.

@ curlie & sarena thanks for responding. My question was

!. when taking menopur or pure fsh is it mandatory to also take lupron to avoid over stimulation.

I just did a cycle with meopur and Gonal F and I was not on lupron. I took garinelix to stop ovulation. Then once my follicles were ready, I just did Ovidrel to stimulate ovulation. I had three mature follicles, one almost mature and two others around 10. I'm currently in the TWW driving myself crazy and trying to hold out at least a few more days before testing :blush: Good luck!

Agiboma - I have taken gonal-f (pure fsh) and never used Lupron. My doc checked my estrogen prior to my gonal-f cycle to make sure it was low enough though. Had it been sky high, I would have needed lupron before starting my gonal-f cycle.

Agiboma - I've been on gonal f, but never lupron.

Scerena and sunshine - totally in the same boat as you... It takes FOREVER for me to see some growth! Last cycle, I stimmed for almost 3 weeks!

I am in my 2ww right now and going absolutely nuts. Trying to be positive, but I don't want to get my hopes up because the embryo they transfered during my IVF was not great quality... I don't have a good feeling about this :S

Agiboma - I've been on gonal f, but never lupron.

Scerena and sunshine - totally in the same boat as you... It takes FOREVER for me to see some growth! Last cycle, I stimmed for almost 3 weeks!

I am in my 2ww right now and going absolutely nuts. Trying to be positive, but I don't want to get my hopes up because the embryo they transfered during my IVF was not great quality... I don't have a good feeling about this :S

I am wishing the best for you! I hope you get your BFP! :D How many more days until you can test? I know what you mean about remaining positive. I usually assume it will not work so if it doesn't I won't be as disappointed and if it does I will be pleasantly surprised!!!
:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"