Gonal Girls

Well looks like another NATURAL cycle :cry: just been for my scan and I have a nice big 4+cm cyst on my right ovary!
So p*ssed off right now :(

I'm so sorry! :hugs: I had that happen one of my cycles and it is so frusturating! Are you going to take BC or just naturally let it resolve?

Amp26- :hi: just naturally resolve last time I had a cysts it was gone by my next af... So just a natural cycle and going to bd every other day :)
How are you feeling?

Thanks for the advice curliegirlie!! I mentioned it to the nurse at my RE this morning and she said it was no biggie, probably just a little dehydrated from traveling. After the two 75 mg (???) shots of gonal-f the doc saw 5 nice follicles!! 2 big ones on each side and a smaller (but still a contender!!) on one or the other. I asked if that was ok and the doc said my "medicine loved Mexico". Took that as a positive even though I was actually in the Dominican Republic!!! Ha!! Now I'm just waiting for my bloodwork results. Here's hoping!!! :0)

Congrats to you by the way!!! I'm sure everything will be awesome at your 8 week scan.

Sorry to hear your news Scerena...I'd be pissed off too. Just try to stay positive and use the "natural cycle" to relax and rejuvenate for your next round of injectables or whatever you and the doc decide to do.

Good luck to you dbluett (hope I spelled that right!!) I'm crossing my fingers for you to get your BFP this month!!!

Thanks and good luck to everybody!!!

Amp26- :hi: just naturally resolve last time I had a cysts it was gone by my next af... So just a natural cycle and going to bd every other day :)
How are you feeling?

I'm still terrified... but I think that comes with finally getting pregnant after trying for so long. I have my first ultrasound Friday, so hopefully I'll feel better after that!

Turkey- Thanks hun :) yay for your follicles!!! When are you triggering?

Amp26- that's understandable hun :hugs: I hope your scan goes well on Friday can't wait for your update :hugs:

Thanks for the advice curliegirlie!! I mentioned it to the nurse at my RE this morning and she said it was no biggie, probably just a little dehydrated from traveling. After the two 75 mg (???) shots of gonal-f the doc saw 5 nice follicles!! 2 big ones on each side and a smaller (but still a contender!!) on one or the other. I asked if that was ok and the doc said my "medicine loved Mexico". Took that as a positive even though I was actually in the Dominican Republic!!! Ha!! Now I'm just waiting for my bloodwork results. Here's hoping!!! :0)

Congrats to you by the way!!! I'm sure everything will be awesome at your 8 week scan.

Sorry to hear your news Scerena...I'd be pissed off too. Just try to stay positive and use the "natural cycle" to relax and rejuvenate for your next round of injectables or whatever you and the doc decide to do.

Good luck to you dbluett (hope I spelled that right!!) I'm crossing my fingers for you to get your BFP this month!!!

Thanks and good luck to everybody!!!

Thanks Turkey!! Sounds like your responding well to gonal. I did too, but it took me a little longer. I did 15 shots in total and had two follicels. 19.6mm and 16.7mm and that was last thursday when i triggered. The dr said that the 16.7mm would probably hit 18mm by sat when we did the IUI.

Here is some :dust: fo you!!

Well looks like another NATURAL cycle :cry: just been for my scan and I have a nice big 4+cm cyst on my right ovary!
So p*ssed off right now :(

Scerena, I am so sorry hun. :hugs: Try to hang in there!

Dbluett- thanks Hun :hugs: I'm cool I wasn't earlier But after yelling at poor oh I'm fine :)

Not sure just yet...I guess it depends on my bloodwork results. Nurse said I'll either come back tomorrow or the following day, OR if the bloodwork comes back looking good, I could trigger tonight...we'll see. Just hoping this works cuz my hub is really freaked out by all these meds...sigh.

I peeked at your journal this morning...so frustrating all this unexplained infertility, right??? Can't remember if you mentioned it or not, but have you had a Laparascopy/hysteroscopy (sorry if I misspelled). I went through 4 IUIs with everything looking great, to no avail. Ended up having that surgery and doc found slight endometriosis...he fixed me up and I was pregnant the next month...just throwing that out there...

Thanks dbluett! Right back at you with the baby dust!!! Here's a question...do you ask your RE to write your measurements down?? Or do you just remember?? This morning mine said them so quickly!! I asked the nurse afterward how many follicles I had, so that's where that info can from, but I felt awkward asking for the measurements...any advice would be much appreciated!!!

Sorry to bombard y'all with info and questions, but I'm not sure where else to get such expert opinions!!! I had bloodwork and u/s done this morning on CD11. I took 5 mgs of femara on days 4-8 and 75 units of gonal-f on days 9 & 10. Doc saw 5 follicles: on right I have a 22x13, a 13x12 and a 16x12. On left I have a 19x14 and a 21x17. My estrogen was 211, progesterone was 0.75 and LH was 1.35. Lining was a 6.4. They want me to do another 75 unit shot of the Gonal-f and go back in for bloodwork and an u/s tomorrow. She said the hope is that the gonal shot will thicken my lining up. Does anyone have any insight here?? This will be my 3rd IUI this time around (I had 5 IUIs before getting pregnant with my now 2 and 1/2 year old daughter) and I realized I need to learn how to decipher all these numbers, rather than just go along blindly...any help or insight would be SUPER appreciated!!! Thanks!!

afm- freaking out a bit today. brown blood, no real cramps (or not more than ive been having). i know it is common but it is still freaking me out. asked the techs to scan and they said ok.. but i dont think they wanna (different hospital)

Thanks dbluett! Right back at you with the baby dust!!! Here's a question...do you ask your RE to write your measurements down?? Or do you just remember?? This morning mine said them so quickly!! I asked the nurse afterward how many follicles I had, so that's where that info can from, but I felt awkward asking for the measurements...any advice would be much appreciated!!!

When the nurse calls with my b/w results and further instructions, she will usually tell me what my estrogen level is and the size of my follicels. The place i go, has a small screen that you can see what they see. Sounds wierd but it's really cool. So i can also see as they measure them. When they reach mature, the sonographer (sp) actually prints off a ticket for me showing the final sizes.

Don't geel awkard asking. It's your right to know. :)

Turkey - your estrogen seems a little low to me, but decent enough for a mature follicle. They want your lining to be at least 8mm, so that's why they're hoping the gonal-f will thicken it up a bit (which it should). Typically, lining grows about 1mm a day, although it could be more or less. Your 22 and 19mm follies could potentially ovulate in the next day or so, so hopefully they'll keep growing. By the looks of your LH though, I would say they're not quite ready. It's interesting that they even took your progesterone, as that doesn't tell you much of anything before ovulation.

Drsquid - I hope everything is okay! I'm sure it is - like you said, brown spotting is normal, although still freaky!! It might just be that your little guys are burrowing in nicely.

Drsquid: I know how scary spotting can be. Try to just take it easy for he next couple of days. That seemed to work for me.

Thanks dbluett...I am trying to be more assertive at my RE's office. I've been pretty laid back up to this point, but reading this thread has made me realize that knowledge is power (sorry to be corny, but it's true!). My doc has the same technology where I can see what they're seeing and they always measure and say the measurements out loud, but they definitely never have given me a printout...that's awesome!!! So how is the 2WW treating you?? Are you hanging in there?? I am crossing fingers AND toes for ya!!!

Hi Cridge! First of all, congrats to you!!! Hope you are feeling great! Thanks for all the info. I took my shot tonight and I'm hoping to see some good-looking lining tomorrow! Do you think my "follies" (all this lingo is new to me!!) will grow also just by tomorrow??? The fact that there are 5 relatively large ones is a tad nerve-racking...do you think it's a big deal? I'm over thinking things as usual I suppose!!! As far as all my levels go, this is the first cycle that I've even attempted to understand them. I've been a very passive patient up to this point, but taking things to the next level w/ the gonal-f has really made me re-think things. However, I'm still trying to figure 'em all out. The nurse said all my numbers were w/i "normal range", so your analysis is definitely interesting! Is it possible that the estrogen and LH are on the low side cuz its early in my cycle (CD 11)? Who knows?? I go back
in tomorrow morning so we shall see! Thanks again for your help!!!

Turkey -
It sounds like things are progressing well with you! Yes, it's possible that your follicles can grow a bit by tomorrow. You have some good sized ones - are all 5 of them quite big? Sometimes just the biggest ones have mature eggs. As for estrogen levels, my clinic never measured them, so I can't help you there unfortunately. You're probably triggering soon, right?

Drsquid - I am thinking of you and hoping that all is well! I was also told that spotting is normal (not that I wouldn't be freaking out), as long as it's not a steady flow, accompanied by cramping.

Hi Cridge! First of all, congrats to you!!! Hope you are feeling great! Thanks for all the info. I took my shot tonight and I'm hoping to see some good-looking lining tomorrow! Do you think my "follies" (all this lingo is new to me!!) will grow also just by tomorrow??? The fact that there are 5 relatively large ones is a tad nerve-racking...do you think it's a big deal? I'm over thinking things as usual I suppose!!! As far as all my levels go, this is the first cycle that I've even attempted to understand them. I've been a very passive patient up to this point, but taking things to the next level w/ the gonal-f has really made me re-think things. However, I'm still trying to figure 'em all out. The nurse said all my numbers were w/i "normal range", so your analysis is definitely interesting! Is it possible that the estrogen and LH are on the low side cuz its early in my cycle (CD 11)? Who knows?? I go back
in tomorrow morning so we shall see! Thanks again for your help!!!

Hey!!! Been following your posts. I had a similar reaction with. femara and gonal. As Cridge mention that your estrogen levels are low for all those follicles to be mature. More and likely those are cysts. My doctor cancelled my cycle because I had the same issue. Every follicle contribute to e2 as well so the smalls ones are probably where your numbers are coming in at. Update us!!! And Goodluck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->