Gonal Girls

Doesn't matter what side you inject in since you aren't injecting it into your ovaries it still goes to both equally through the blood stream

@threebirds are you doing another ivf cycle? I'm kinda lost...:flower: anywho welcome aboard!

Maybe I read it wrong but if you are thinking about taking the leftover gonal with out being under the care of the doctor I would not chance it. Especially with low ovarian reserve. All those questions should be answered by a physician on what dose to take and what day. Not trying to seem rude, but you def need to be monitored taking any injectables every 2-3 days. Every cycle is different with injectables so you never know. If you ask your doctor about trying an gonal f cycle then I am sure they can clear you on what days, and check on growth.

Thank you.
I did mean going alone on this one to use up the remaining 600iu I have and give my ovaries a wee boost. I know this is risky & that we can respond differently to each cycle. I guess I'm reckoning on OHSS not being a problem coz I really don't have the eggs left for that. But Im no expert so really appreciate all advice & comments. I cant see get medical supervision for this as the IVF/ICSI round we had last cycle was with a private clinic & cost us almost £5000. So its do nothing with the gonal f or take v small doses for a few days in the hope we might get a good egg this month. I totally understand that self medicating is wrong, im just desperate at 39 with very low ovarian reserve. Maybe the risks do outweight the benefits. I dont know. I guess thats why Im posting here, to help me make my mind up. The consultant did say that if we went back for another private cycle he'd have me on 450iu gonal f daily. So would 80-100 iu a day really be a possible risk?

Anyway as I said at the start, thank u. I apreciate very much that u took the time to reply.
X

@threebirds are you doing another ivf cycle? I'm kinda lost...:flower: anywho welcome aboard!

Maybe I read it wrong but if you are thinking about taking the leftover gonal with out being under the care of the doctor I would not chance it. Especially with low ovarian reserve. All those questions should be answered by a physician on what dose to take and what day. Not trying to seem rude, but you def need to be monitored taking any injectables every 2-3 days. Every cycle is different with injectables so you never know. If you ask your doctor about trying an gonal f cycle then I am sure they can clear you on what days, and check on growth.

Thank you.
I did mean going alone on this one to use up the remaining 600iu I have and give my ovaries a wee boost. I know this is risky & that we can respond differently to each cycle. I guess I'm reckoning on OHSS not being a problem coz I really don't have the eggs left for that. But Im no expert so really appreciate all advice & comments. I cant see get medical supervision for this as the IVF/ICSI round we had last cycle was with a private clinic & cost us almost £5000. So its do nothing with the gonal f or take v small doses for a few days in the hope we might get a good egg this month. I totally understand that self medicating is wrong, im just desperate at 39 with very low ovarian reserve. Maybe the risks do outweight the benefits. I dont know. I guess thats why Im posting here, to help me make my mind up. The consultant did say that if we went back for another private cycle he'd have me on 450iu gonal f daily. So would 80-100 iu a day really be a possible risk?

Anyway as I said at the start, thank u. I apreciate very much that u took the time to reply.
X

Hi,

I used gonal f and menopur this last cycle at very low doses, and I have normal ovarian reserve, and only got 1-3 follicles to grow. I would caution you to try this on your own. There is still a risk of OHSS, and you may end up wasting the gonal f as you probably won't have any response or very little response. I would save the gonal f and save up for another IVF cycle, and discuss your options with your Doctor. Maybe he can increase your dosage and help you produce even more follicles, then harvest enough for 2-3 cycles. :dust:

Threebirds- :hugs: as allicat said that it may be too little or no response with such a low dose, with a low reserve. At the end of the day we can't make that decision for you. But we can't recommend that you do that either. I would just wait it out and let ya body rest. You don't wanna play with your reserve. Or end up with lots of cysts either. Maybe you can ask your clinic can you do a gonal and iui cycle. It would be cheaper than ivf for right now

Chiles, drsquid & alicats
Thanks girls. Im gonna go with you all and just ease up for this cycle. I did do one injection yesterday but am going to leave the rest. Its hard but the last thing i want to do is set myself back further (if that is possible) All the best x

:hugs: I totally understand that you are ready to get your BFP...TTC is a bumpy road and it totally normal to do it at all cost necessarily

ali - when were you going to test again? fingers crossed for you!

As for me, I'm feeling a bit crappy today - my temp seems to be going down already (even though I'm on progesterone???) and I started having major AF-like cramps today. I will test tomorrow (12 DPO) and am trying to stay optimistic, but it's hard right now :( Wish me luck and I'll let you all know how it goes!!!

ali - when were you going to test again? fingers crossed for you!

As for me, I'm feeling a bit crappy today - my temp seems to be going down already (even though I'm on progesterone???) and I started having major AF-like cramps today. I will test tomorrow (12 DPO) and am trying to stay optimistic, but it's hard right now :( Wish me luck and I'll let you all know how it goes!!!

I tested this morning, and another :bfn: I was spotting yesterday, and just feel like AF is on her way. Still, I have really bad nausea and my boobs ache, which I don't normally have this close to AF. So I'm at a loss. I'm 13DPO today, you'd think that I'd see a :bfp: if I were pregnant. I guess I won't totally give up hope, but I fear the writing is on the wall. :nope:

I tested this morning, and another :bfn: I was spotting yesterday, and just feel like AF is on her way. Still, I have really bad nausea and my boobs ache, which I don't normally have this close to AF. So I'm at a loss. I'm 13DPO today, you'd think that I'd see a :bfp: if I were pregnant. I guess I won't totally give up hope, but I fear the writing is on the wall. :nope:

agh, I know the feeling...
but, it ain't over till it's over (I mean until AF arrives in full force :)), so don't give up yet.

alicatt - maybe you just experienced a chemical??? I don't know exactly how those work, but it does seem strange what you're going through. :hugs:

threebirds - I'm all about being my own science experiment! I've self medicated before, but not with gonal-f. In your situation, I would say that the low dose wouldn't do any harm, and *might* give you results, but if you already have low reserve, I would probably just wait it out until you can go all-in while being monitored. Save those precious follies for a cycle that might really count. It's so hard to know what to do. GL!! :hugs:

Welcome llampie and threebirds!

Jellz, that's awesome!

Alicatt - hang in there - we're rooting for you!

Welcome llampie and threebirds!

Jellz, that's awesome!

Alicatt - hang in there - we're rooting for you!

I'm still in the game, if only slightly! No spotting today, been a little dizzy though, and the cramps have not been too strong. I think I just need to wait this out, I did have a dip on 11DPO, and then spotting on 12DPO, so maybe I just had a late implantation? Maybe tomorrow I'll see a :bfp: stranger things have happened!

:hug:

:hi: welcome threebirds and llampi :)

ALicatt- you are definately still in the game, your not out until the :witch: shows and it's true stranger things have happened :)

Afm- hate natural cycles... Cd44 still waiting for af I want to do my second injectables cycle :cry:

:hi: welcome threebirds and llampi :)

ALicatt- you are definately still in the game, your not out until the :witch: shows and it's true stranger things have happened :)

Afm- hate natural cycles... Cd44 still waiting for af I want to do my second injectables cycle :cry:

Do you have to wait? Could they induce your period with progesterone?
I have had that done before. I think they give me a pill to take for 5 days and it usually shakes things loose. When I did that I wasn't trying to get pregnant, so maybe not? IDK, but it is worth asking about?

They can but All the ttc meds and my op I had in jan- ovarian drilling I don't want to keep messing things up with my body, I've take a lot of provera in the past I'm scared it's doing me no good :(
I could have started it Friday but I'm trying to just wait it out now...
When will you test again?

They can but All the ttc meds and my op I had in jan- ovarian drilling I don't want to keep messing things up with my body, I've take a lot of provera in the past I'm scared it's doing me no good :(
I could have started it Friday but I'm trying to just wait it out now...
When will you test again?

OHH.. yes I guess you don't want to keep using it to start your period. Might be better to let it start naturally!!

I'll test again in the morning. This morning I forgot to test with FMU so it was SMU :haha: maybe that is why it didn't work? IDK. I'll test tomorrow and see what happens.

so, a BFN for me this morning :nope: Grrrrr!!!!

ugh, I guess onto another round of gonal-F...

I took my temp this morning and knew that it was game over for me. My temp dropping like that is a telltale sign that AF is imminent. I didn't even bother to test.

I am supposed to call my FS today and come up with a plan for this month. I am not sure what they will suggest, maybe injections again? This is a different FS than I used last month as last month I was in Canada. Now I'm back in FL with my original FS, so I'm sure he has different protocols.:shrug:

so, a BFN for me this morning :nope: Grrrrr!!!!

ugh, I guess onto another round of gonal-F...

Your temps are still high, you may just need to wait a few more days?

I am on progesterone and it's keeping my temps up. I went to have a blood test this morning, which I'm sure will confirm the BFN.

major pity party today...:sad2: :brat:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->