Gonal Girls

so, a BFN for me this morning :nope: Grrrrr!!!!

ugh, I guess onto another round of gonal-F...

Your temps are still high, you may just need to wait a few more days?

I am on progesterone and it's keeping my temps up. I went to have a blood test this morning, which I'm sure will confirm the BFN.

major pity party today...:sad2: :brat:

AWW... I feel your frustration :cry: I just got off the phone with my FS I'm heading in for a re-consult tomorrow and we'll see what they suggest this month. :hug:

Alicatt and Mizuno - hang in there girls! Was this the first cycle for both of you? My first cycle was a bust as well, so maybe the next one will be luckier.

Scerena - I know just how you feel! My first cycle was in March, and when it failed, I had to wait until the end of May to start a new cycle because I had a big fat cyst. I felt like I was wasting so much time! In retrospect, I know it was necessary. I stimmed for 3 weeks (!) that cycle and got my BFP at the very end of June. Hang in there, I'm rooting for you!

Mizuno- hope your beta surprises you :)

Alicatt- ah sorry hun :( gl tomorrow hun :hugs: I know how upsetting it is- my first cycle didn't work :(

Curliegirlie- yep so frustrating! Thank you for rooting for me :hugs: hope you are well hun???

thanks scerena and curli, but my beta was negative as well - 2.7. So now I just hope that AF comes quickly so we can start with the next cycle.

curli, this was my first gonal-f cycle, my second medicated cycle (first one with menopur overstimulated me and i ovulated on day 10). To be fair, the timing of the IUI this month was off, but because we BD'd the night before O, I thought there is still a chance.

A question for you gonal-f users: does your RE want you to have more than one follicle ready at ovulation? My RE kept my dose really low (37.5 IU). I thought that you have a better chance with more than one follicle? But my RE is scared on multiples I guess and wouldn't increase the dose. Anyway, I just thought if that's something I should push for?

Mizino- so sorry hunni :hugs: :hugs: I do Merional (Menopur) and my clinic also likes me to have one mature follicle and two maximum, anything above two they won't trigger me.. They too don't like the risk of multiples :dohh:
Fx'd for next cycle hun :)

thanks scerena! :hugs: I hope menopur works for you!

It's so silly that they won't allow more follicles - as if the risk of multiples is my biggest issue right now :) I mean, for over a year I couldn't get pregnant, what are the chances that now I'd get all released eggs that are healthy, all fertilised, that all would implant and all develop into babies??? :dohh:

thanks scerena and curli, but my beta was negative as well - 2.7. So now I just hope that AF comes quickly so we can start with the next cycle.

curli, this was my first gonal-f cycle, my second medicated cycle (first one with menopur overstimulated me and i ovulated on day 10). To be fair, the timing of the IUI this month was off, but because we BD'd the night before O, I thought there is still a chance.

A question for you gonal-f users: does your RE want you to have more than one follicle ready at ovulation? My RE kept my dose really low (37.5 IU). I thought that you have a better chance with more than one follicle? But my RE is scared on multiples I guess and wouldn't increase the dose. Anyway, I just thought if that's something I should push for?

A good practice would not want you to have more than 2 or 3...but depending on different situations such as if your DH has sperm issues or special conditions...they may allow more. The cycle that I got pregnant on was cancelled and my RE was worried about multiples because its such a high risk for mom and babies. I was lucky to only have one egg fertilize. They do have other options such as converting to ivf if you do overstim. And I did not try to get pregnant I was pushing for IVF in october.

And I did not try to get pregnant I was pushing for IVF in october.

Ah, if I should ever be so lucky!

I understand that there is a risk if overstimmed and they're just being careful, it's just that I'm so impatient and I want to do everything to increase my chances of conceiving :) I might push for 2 follicles this month, though they seem to run a pretty tight operation at the clinic and are not easily swayed by arguments (or begging :))

I never thought I would be so lucky myself...I think 2 follicles or reasonable. It they increase your dose a little I am sure you will get 2. You are on a really lose dose. I never even responded to that dose. You are lucky there

Hi ladies. I hope you don't mind me joining this forum. I am on a combo cyle this month 100mg Clomid cd3-7 and Menopur injections cd8-10 then going in for an US on Monday to get follies checked. This is my first month on injectables. I have done Clomid for 3 cycles but it didn't do the trick. I have been TTC #1 for 22 months now and really hope this works for me!

My RE will still do an IUI with more than 2 Follicles but will be sure I am informed of the risks and my options. My comfort level would be 3 mature follicles, anything over that would freak me out.

Welcome Kmae! I feel the same way 3 follicles is my comfort level too! I want twins though :) yes I'm probably crazy!

I wanted to share that AF did indeed show this afternoon.. at least she is predictable! Temp drop and boom here she is!

I'm heading to see the FS on Thursday to discuss the plan this month. Will let you know what they decide.

Welcome Kmae! I feel the same way 3 follicles is my comfort level too! I want twins though :) yes I'm probably crazy!

I wanted to share that AF did indeed show this afternoon.. at least she is predictable! Temp drop and boom here she is!

I'm heading to see the FS on Thursday to discuss the plan this month. Will let you know what they decide.

I would love to have twins too. I am a twin myself actually (have a twin brother). Sorry about than damn AF- I really hope this cycle is it for you.:hugs:

Kmae- welcome :hi:

Alicatt- sorry af got you :hugs: hope they have a good plan for you :hugs: :hugs:

Well ladies I am so annoyed right now! My temp was 35.97 this morning no way have I ovulated :cry: so all them signs and the positive opk was fake- my rubbish body must have tried to ovulate but didn't :(
I really hate my body with a passion now! Why can't it do the one thing I was put here to do!!! I am going to have such a bad day!!!
Now I'm tempted to get provera as my temps have been low and no af :cry:
Sorry for the downer ladies I just needed to vent :blush:

Well ladies I am so annoyed right now! My temp was 35.97 this morning no way have I ovulated :cry: so all them signs and the positive opk was fake- my rubbish body must have tried to ovulate but didn't :(

welcome kmae!

ali - sorry AF showed up. at least it's on to the next cycle! I'm still waiting for my AF - damn progesterone must still be in my system.

scerena - if you got a truly positive OPK (like a really dark line), maybe you have ovulated but your temps have not gone up yet? This happens to me all the time - my temps go up a day or 2 after O. I would not have known this if I wasn't being monitored and they told me exactly which day I O'ed.

Mizuno- it was a false I must have tried to ovulate but didn't... The opk was Friday I would have ovulated by now... Just going to wait another day or two then start provera I think, I really didn't want to but I only have until November to do my last two injectable cycles...

Have You tested again??

Hello Kmae!

Sorry to hear the news Scerena and Alicatt... Big hugs!

Mizuno - my doctor was the same - he kept upping the dose very slowly to see when I would respond, because he was afraid of multiples. The risk is not 1, 2 or 3, it's 10 or 15! I am a slow responder, so I would have nothing, nothing, nothing... then with a bit of a higher dose - boom! 10 follicles! I bet that's what they want to prevent.

scerena - no point in testing again. HCG of 2.7 is really the same as 0. It was just the leftover from the trigger. Now I just hope for AF to show up soon so I can start my next cycle before the long weekend :)
and yeah, it sounds like it was a failed attempt at ovulation - sorry to hear that. I know how frustrating it can be to wait for it to happen...

curli - I am the opposite. with 37.5 IU of menopur my follicles grew so quickly that I ovulated on day 10. unfortunately that's not good for me as I need time for my lining to thicken (the whole reason I am going through this in the first place). So, I guess I know that low dose is fixing what needs to be fixed, it's just that I don't want it just fixed, I want like a turbo boost that will get me pregnant asap :).

Mizuno- oh yh I understand what you mean :hugs: yes I think I'll start my provera tonight :(

Scerena, sorry about the failed ovulation. I've had several 45day cycles so I understand the frustration.:hugs:

Curlie, how many follicles do you normally have? On cd1 I had a base U/S done to ensure I don't have any cysts and was told I have 12 follicles on each ovary. Makes me wonder if that means anything when it comes to taking injections?:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->